When In September

When In September

A Poem by JC

When in September and summer has gone

will you think of me though the leaves have flown ?

 

When in Septemember and the air turns brisk,

will you still love me though the bloom has fallen?

 

When in Septmember and larks no longer sing

will you remember me with the fondest of heart?

© 2008 JC


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very touching, deep and inspirational.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very simple beauty in this piece that reflects on a moment in time you never want to forget and hope it means as much to the other person.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This makes me think of a short relationship where the people involved only got to be together in the month of September, and one was called away for some unfortunate reason. Sort of makes me sad... how love can be so fleeting. But nonetheless beautiful. I really enjoy your style, as well.

Posted 16 Years Ago


So many things I can say about the month that is September: it takes me back to that classic song of EARTH, WIND & FIRE, the middle of autumn: the redolent sscent of fallen dry leaves and haunting memories. Your poem so somnolently reminds me so much about these nostalgic moments, as the poem, too, is nostalgic ... and rhetorically tempting.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it...It's sweet and innocent...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on February 6, 2008

Author

JC
JC

Fort Worth, TX



About
I am 40+ year old native of Fargo, North Dakota, (yes I said Fargo.). I've journaled, blogged and written poetry my entire adult life, and now I am starting to write a novel, which if published, will .. more..

Writing
Looking For Clues Looking For Clues

A Story by JC