I Will Miss You (When you grow up)

I Will Miss You (When you grow up)

A Poem by JC

In the early twilight hours,

soft fading light dancing on the walls

and warm summer breezes wafting through the open window,

golden curls brush my cheek.

Baby Boy is laying his head on my shoulder.

 

We rock and sway to music of crickets and bull frogs outside.

I hum a sing song melody in time with nature's concert.

He makes a breathless sigh, unwittingly breaking my heart.

 

We sway and rock into the night,

I am unwilling to let this sweet moment end. One more, just one more moment.

Alas, I relent, the slumbering breath is the only thing I hear now.

 

Regretably, I lay Baby Boy down among the lambs and fleece of his bed.

Laying the blanket over such a small wonder, I brush his rosy cheek once more,

whispering," I will miss you when you grow up."


 

© 2008 JC


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The depth of the simplicity speaks loudly.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is very sweet. I don't have kids but I love my parents very much. Sometime I miss the simpler days of being a child. Having dad color with me and mom read to me. Most kids, on some level, miss their parents as much as the parents miss their child I think.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this poem!
I'm a sucker for such imagery and beautiful words. It really makes me feel like I'm reading a work of art. I really can't relate personally since I don't have any kids, but I can sort of understanding because I do have young cousins.
Amazing job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I felt the gentleness of a nurturing mother. There is mercy and love and deeply powerful maternal bonds fueling this poem. Every boy/man who reads this poem will want to bring you flowers and do chores for you.

Thank you for the wonderful read.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, honey, I am going through this now and I love this poem! I don't want him to grow up and I will miss all the hugs, kissing boo boos and snuggles at night with blankie between us. Thanks for letting me know this was up!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on May 3, 2008

Author

JC
JC

Fort Worth, TX



About
I am 40+ year old native of Fargo, North Dakota, (yes I said Fargo.). I've journaled, blogged and written poetry my entire adult life, and now I am starting to write a novel, which if published, will .. more..

Writing
Looking For Clues Looking For Clues

A Story by JC