For The Man

For The Man

A Poem by JC

For The Man who taught me to waltz and box.

For The Man who taught me that humor goes along way.

 

For The Man who was brave enough to let me fall.

For The Man who picked up the pieces when I did.

 

For The Man who took me fishing.

For The Man who took me on my first date.

 

For The Man who said "No one is worth your dignity".

For The Man who said "Standing up for what is right, sometimes means you stand alone".

 

For The Man who gets up to greet the day before it greets him.

For The Man who lives by the golden rule.

 

For The Man who made me clean my room.

For The Man who made me believe in myself.

 

For The Man

For My Father

© 2008 JC


Author's Note

JC
On the13th birthdays of my sisters and I, my dad would have us get dressed up and take us out to dinner for a "date" with just him. I always consider this my first date.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A Beautiful tribute to The Man!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Nice to live a dad through your eyes...wish he were mine now. Truly, you had a great one in your life and I see how much you feel for him. Now if he made you clean up your room it leads me to believe he raised you alone. Usually mom is the one who has the frustrating job of prodding us that way, lol. I hope that is not the case. We all should benefit from two loving parents in our lives and seeing what a healthy relationship is all about. I love what you have done here. Gee, can I be your sister? Ha ha! Take care.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this, I didn't have this kind of relationship with my father, and I've not had children. It make me feel like I've missed something.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It so much feels like a love song, and though it actually isn't, it feels even more than that. The words are insipring and worth ever penny to cherish.

Posted 16 Years Ago


That's a very powerful tribute to your father. It's soft but firm and I enjoy being led down your growing adventures as well as rekindling my own. Nice write. Thank you for sharing this piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


My wife and I don't have any daughters, but there are two sons. This really hit the heart, that you would write a poem for that special man in your life, your dad. Love him always and stay close to him always. I lost my dad (Fathers Day 2001) miss him every damn day!

Nothing better than this.

For The Man who took me on my first date.

Dad being his daughters first date.

Art

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2008
Last Updated on May 3, 2008

Author

JC
JC

Fort Worth, TX



About
I am 40+ year old native of Fargo, North Dakota, (yes I said Fargo.). I've journaled, blogged and written poetry my entire adult life, and now I am starting to write a novel, which if published, will .. more..

Writing
Looking For Clues Looking For Clues

A Story by JC



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Come Sister Come Sister

A Poem by JC


What is Beauty? What is Beauty?

A Poem by JC


Splendor Splendor

A Poem by JC