Why?

Why?

A Poem by Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam
"

Q's of W

"
Why can’t I remove my eyes?
So I couldn't see inflections.

Why can’t I tear apart my ego?
So I could reconcile with my friends and forgive my enemies.

Why can’t I remove my brain?
So I can follow just my heart.

Why can’t I remove my heart?
So I don’t feel pain of any earthly entities bestowed on me.

Why can’t I separate the soul from the body?
So I can set it free to explore all the places that I’ve wished I’ve been to.

Why can’t I control time?
So I can re live my past and forget my future.

Why does GOD give me the knowledge to question his existence?
And GOD is real.

Why can’t I find the answer to all my queries?
If there is!


© 2013 Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam

© 2015 Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam


Author's Note

Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam
Thank you for your valuable comments.
Follow me on twitter @JDotTheWriter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It reminds of a quote depicting human nature on how a man touches the painted bench to see if it's wet despite the signboard saying so but if you tell him that a supernatural force rules the universe, he believes it in a second.
With the thought in mind that you chose to write about this, the flow of the lines could have been made more furtive to it's meaning nevertheless it's a good write.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your honest opinion namrata:) glad you liked it!!!



Reviews

I think you could end this poem where it says "and God is real," because the last bit takes me out of the poem because it seems a bit too direct, if you get what I mean. Basically, the last bit takes me out of the theme of the poem. But, overall, I love the piece because it deals with questions we all face. Its super relatable because I always get frustrated over how my emotions and feelings can get in the way of rationality sometimes. But, at at the same time, having emotions are good things, its what brings us humans together. Keep up the good work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Life is learning and going forward. Not backward. Some questions can't be answered. Faith and hope is our guide. Thank you Jerald for sharing your amazing poetry. Always leave me with something to think about.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


very interesting take on the nature of human beings to question what they can and cannot see even if they may believe that something is true or false.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam

8 Years Ago

thank you very much butterflygirl:)
Very well-written and I like it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam

9 Years Ago

Thank you shasha:)
It reminds of a quote depicting human nature on how a man touches the painted bench to see if it's wet despite the signboard saying so but if you tell him that a supernatural force rules the universe, he believes it in a second.
With the thought in mind that you chose to write about this, the flow of the lines could have been made more furtive to it's meaning nevertheless it's a good write.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your honest opinion namrata:) glad you liked it!!!
"Why does GOD give me the knowledge to question his existence?
And GOD is real."
ironic:)
"Why can’t I find the answer to all my queries?
If there is!"
a question everyone is facing through ..
a not so beautiful or rhythmic but still something i would love to read..
keep it up..
sorry for late

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam

9 Years Ago

Thanks Rashu:)
So many interesting questions Jerald, i've always wanted to control time and relive my past, that one's a real blast for me, I think God gives us the choice to question so that in the end we can find God through self realization but that's another tale down a long road and you have to accept reincarnation so.........
An inspired write if i may say so, very well done :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam

9 Years Ago

Thank you Mr.Beevor:) As you say...if we have this conversation...it might never end... hopefully, s.. read more
' For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Posted 9 Years Ago


Dayran

9 Years Ago

Your poem is about God isn't it?
Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam

9 Years Ago

It is related to him.. But I am not supporting him or negating him:)
Dayran

9 Years Ago

That certainly makes your write clearer.
amazing words that cajole you into thinking about your feelings about life . a negative yet impressive poem. i would like you to edit the line god is real its apt but the choice of words could be different but otherwise i was gaping at the honesty and creativity

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam

9 Years Ago

Thank you sakshi:) kind words:)
The same Q's for the rest of us human kind ... very interesting poem :-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam

9 Years Ago

Thanks Mary:) Hope there are more kinds out there in the universe who share our dread:P lol:)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

712 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 18, 2015
Last Updated on January 18, 2015
Tags: Why, God, Heart, Pain

Author

Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam
Jerald Infant Jeyarethinam

Pasir Ris, Singapore



About
There are actually three types of writers, 1. The ones who write so that their shallow egoistic nature is always filled up with praises. They have this desire to be always talked about, to be remem.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Beautiful Eyes Beautiful Eyes

A Poem by Sanjh