Love Yourself

Love Yourself

A Story by JJC
"

Each person has a special opinion about themselves, where they can just look at the mirror and say how incredible they are. Some of them look at the mirror and say that there so beautiful that no one

"

I wake up every morning and do the same thing, I look at the window and see the sun shining to my face, it's almost like its smiles on me, saying good morning. I get out of my bed so I can go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. As I finish cleaning my face with a tower, I started to see something in the mirror, a face that was so familiar. His eyes kept looking at me as if he wanted me to observe threw them, so I did. As I kept looking at his eyes I started to have a strange feeling, like I was being drawn to them and in that moment I was in a dark place where it didn’t have no doors, like I was in a room, stuck.  

This place was scary and yet why do I have the feeling that I've been here before. I started touching the walls to see if there's a way out, but when my hand touch the wall it started to move like paper. I did that on every corner until I figure out that it was a movie projector. After I touch the walls, I felt a bright light coming from behind. As I turn around I notice that the light was coming out of the sealing, it was pointing at a chair. It was so weird that there was one chair here, but I was calm, I wasn’t afraid of this place. I started touching the chair, it was a wooden chair painted with black; I quickly sat down and look at my surroundings. In my mind I was trying to figure out what am I suppose to see, as soon I thought that, the walls started showing a face, it was him. 

As I look at him I started seeing his life. He was a guy who had people around him, laughing and having a great time. He was smiling and making jokes. The image change, showing the guy with a guitar in his hand, he enjoy playing it. Images kept on changing as it showed him hugging people, giving people advice, talking to his best friend, it look like that he enjoyed his life until, he went home. His face change, he look like he was upset like he was not happy of what he have enjoyed in his life. He continues to look sad and feeling horrible about himself. Why would he be sad if I can honestly see that he has people that love him, that enjoys being with him why would he.... Oh, I see.  

The person went to a mirror and look at himself, he started pouring tears out of his eyes, looking at himself and saying, why I can't see the goodness in me? Why everyone can see it but I don’t? As he kept on talking to himself I felt  that I was being stab in the heart. I fell down to the floor and started screaming. I look up and saw an Image of him mad, but not mad to others but himself. As I saw his expression I began to feel that there was anger in my heart, causing me to feel more pain. I started screaming " Please leave me alone, Your hurting me" I said. The images kept changing quickly, showing different moments. He was insulting himself, calling himself worthless, saying that every bad luck or mistake that has happen it because of him, nobody can't stand him because he was just pathetic. I couldn’t take anymore, the pain was growing, it was breaking my heart. I look above and said "Why are you doing this to me", than the pain left. 

 

I look around and saw everything white, I also saw a door in one of the corners of the walls. I went over there, I open it and saw a mirror and in the other side, I saw him. I ask him why does he torture himself with all this pain. He began to cry as he was trying so hard to cover so much pain, that he couldn’t take it anymore and needed to release of few of it. He look at me and said " Because I can't love myself, cause all I see is the bad things I have done. I had people that are special to me but for my mistakes, they have change the way they use to talk to me. I am angry at myself, cause everything I do or touch, gets destroyed." I look at him and told him this is not your fault; he quickly look at me and said " You are right, it isn't, it's yours!" As he said that I fell down to the floor, I have realize that this person, was me. He is the one who have lived in my heart, the so called goodness that a lot of people see's in me and yet I haven't. 

He walk towards me, exciting the mirror; when he got out I saw him bleeding in different parts of his body, crying for all he has suffer for my mistakes. I look at him and told him I am so sorry. Hearing what I've just said he look at me with a serious face. " No you are not" he said, " Why can't you just see what an amazing person you are? Why can't you stop blaming yourself for everything, for how people see's you as a pathetic person when you are not." He falls to the floor and grabs my hand as he is eyes were aiming on the floor. "Why can't you learn to love yourself" he said. He fell to the ground and didn’t move; he was dying. I quickly started trying to help him stand up, I told him " Don’t go, please, I need to know you. I need to see what goodness do I have." I kept saying the same thing over and over until everything went dark. 

Everything went quiet, as I open my eyes, I've notice that I was in my bathroom, looking myself at the mirror with tears on my face, wondering when will I ever love myself, when I can finally pass the sadness. When could I finally see.... my light. 

© 2017 JJC


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi there, I didn't manage to read this piece I'm afraid. Nothing to do with your writing it is purely the size of the font. It is just too small for me to read and I suspect I'm not the only one with this problem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


JJC

7 Years Ago

I am very sorry to hear that. In my case I dont have that problem
Deadaisycat

7 Years Ago

If you are reading from a computer, you can press Ctrl and plus or minus to decrease or increase the.. read more
Andy L

7 Years Ago

ok thanks for the tip I'll give it a try
The writing was a bit... awkward at times, but I enjoyed the concept. It has the potential to be powerful, if refined.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JJC

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the review, I will improve the grammar. I have problems writting in english sometimes, bu.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 18, 2017
Last Updated on January 18, 2017
Tags: love, drama, romance

Author

JJC
JJC

Mayaguez, US, Puerto Rico



Writing
The doctor is in The doctor is in

A Chapter by JJC