A cold heart is a happy heart

A cold heart is a happy heart

A Chapter by JJC

Water, food and Gas, these are the things we need right now, and we can't find nothing. Thanks to Nate ex girlfriend, we didn’t had time to search for food in the mall, guess this is what happens when you try to do a good deed to a cousin. We are here in Quebradillas out of gas and out of water, but the worst part is, we are hungry as f**k. We haven't eating since we left Rincon, it's been more than 7 hours and I'm starving. We stop at the gas station, Nate was complaining about how hungry he was.

Nate: (nagging) Guys when are we getting some f*****g food?

Josh: ( angry) Nate I will only say this once, SHUT THE F**K UP ALREADY. We are hungry as well and we are going to stop here at the gas station to check if there's gas and food in there. So stop complaining and do us a favor and help out.

Nate: Alright man just chill, you guys go in and I'll stay and keep look out.

Josh: Oh no you and Kevin are going in there and search for food, I'll be on the look out because I'm a good spotter so go now.

I am a good spotter, also I can analyze my surroundings even with my eyes close. Now ask yourself this, Why did I choose to be the lookout? Not because I am good at it, it's simply because I know someone is following us. This feeling started since  Kevin and I left his house, where I started to be in alert cause I  still have a feeling someone is following us. Sure I could've use Nate as a bait, but I need him to be a bait for the zombies, not for humans. Yes I'm a little cold hearted for what I said, but I need to be cold hearted cause in this world that we live in, being good won't help you survive.

Kevin and Nate enter the gas station, they started checking if there's food first, luckily we did found a lot of food, they also found 6 packs of water, it wasn’t much but it's still something. Nate grab all the food; He was happy as hell, he just wanted to eat all of it.

Nate: Oh Yeah we got some food, time to eat.

Kevin: No Nate, we got to wait for Josh and we got to look for gas. We really need to get out of here.

Nate: I don’t give a f**k, I am going to eat right now.

Kevin: No!

Kevin quickly puts his hand on the food and started pulling towards him until Nate let go. Nate quickly hit Kevin in the face and started running outside with the food, until I came in raise my gun to him.

Nate: Hey bro what are you doing?

Josh: (Strong tone) Put the food down Nate

Nate:  I'm hungry man let me eat something now!

 

 

6

 

Josh: I am not going to ask you again, put the food down or else!

Nate: Or else what? You are going to shoot me? You are not going to do that cause I'm your cousin and you don’t have the b....

I quickly shot Nate, causing a bullet to pass threw his left side of his stomach. It causing an injury that can make him feel a little bit of pain. He quickly fell from the floor, he started screaming, he felt like crap.

Kevin: What the f**k is wrong with you Josh, why you did that?

Nate: Damn Josh you didn’t have to shoot me

Josh: You need to learn that you are not the only one here, so you better get your s**t together. Don’t make me do it again.

Ok people before you judge me, I needed to do that, he isn't going to learn with love, he needed to learn the hard way. I pick him up, patch his wound and took him to the car. Me and Kevin went to get gas, while we were getting the gas, Kevin have the feeling to talk to me.

Kevin: Are you okay?

Josh:  Why do you ask?

Kevin: (Worried) I'm asking you because ever since what happen in Rincon you’ve been a cold person, its starting to scare me.

When he said that only one word came out of my mind...F*G. Of course I'm not going to tell you what happen to me that made me be the person who I am now, but I will tell you this, it made me see the truth of this world, that hope, happiness and peace are just f*****g illusions. I thought I had it all, but life comes with consequences and makes you feel like crap.

Josh: I am fine Kevin, don’t worry. Right now the only thing I want is to go to San Juan and look for your parents.

Kevin: Alright bro let's go.

We filled the car with gas and kept going on the road. The road was a complete mess, it had cars on backwards, some of them on fire and few  them with zombies in it; it was disgusting. Kevin and Nate were looking outside while passing threw the road and started talking about how awful it looks and how upsetting this is; I wasn’t even paying attention. I started to have flashbacks of three weeks ago, in this flashback you see me running towards a bus that is on fire. I got there and started searching in the bus for something... or someone. When I was going to see what I was searching, Kevin woke me up because there was a problem.

Kevin: Josh wake up man!

Josh: What's going on?

Kevin: Look!

It was night time, we were in the town called Camuy. There were a lot of zombies surrounding a house.

Josh: Looks like something is inside... or someone.

 

 

7

 

Kevin: What do we do?

Nate:  I'll tell you what we should do, get the f**k out of here.

Josh: Kevin stay with Nate in the car, I'm going to check what's in there.

Nate: Dude it's too dangerous, let's just go.

Josh:  We need to check if there's someone in there, I'm going, just stay put.

I got out of the car and left Nate and Kevin there. I don’t know what I was going to see, but I need to check if there's at least supplies that we might need in the future. I reach my destination, I was close to the house. There were at least 50 zombies around it. While I was scouting the area Nate and Kevin started talking in the car.

Kevin: Do you think he will be ok?

Nate:  I really don’t care, he shot me. I mean what the f**k

Kevin: Dude you were way out of line!

Nate: Still that doesn’t mean he had to shoot me to make a point.

Kevin: He is not itself, just give him some time.

Nate started to wonder what happen to me, but at the same time he was bored out of his f*****g mind. He started to ask Kevin questions.

Nate: Hey Kevin, Can I ask you something?

Kevin:  Sure anything.

Nate:  Are you a virgin?

Kevin quickly look at him with big eyes and started blushing like teenage girl when she is talking to a boy she likes... Like I said Kevin is a f*g.

Kevin: (mad)  What kind of question is that?

Nate:  Hey don’t get all work up. I mean it's ok if you are a virgin.

Kevin: Of Course it is, I'm waiting for the right one.

Nate: (Laughing)  now you got to wait forever because everyone's dead. You are going to be a virgin until you died.

Kevin: Listen you little piece of s**t.....

They started arguing in the car about the virgin s**t thing. See? This is why I prefer to be alone; dealing with this stuff makes me want to shoot myself with my own gun. Who in their f*****g minds cares if someone is a virgin or not? WE ARE IN A F****N APOCALYPSE! This is why people make fun of us, no f*****g education or common sense.

Anyways, I found a way to enter the house, by climbing to the to the second floor with a ladder I found in the shed. I quickly put the ladder next to the window and climb. I broke the window and got in. Started to look around in the room with my gun on my hand, just in case I get surprise by homosexual zombies. Oh you don’t know about homosexual zombies? Well they do exist, instead of

8

 

 eating your brain, they eat your dick. I guess even in the afterlife, gay people still want dicks... Ja I'm just f*****g with you!

I was checking a picture of the family who lived here, I heard a voice. I slowly followed it, it was a voice of a male... He sounded scared. Went down the stairs really slow.  I made it to the first floor I see a guy talking to himself on the floor, drawing something on the wooden floor. I slowly ask him: Are you ok? He quickly turn around, stood up and felt relief that someone found him. What's his name? Well his name is Jorge.

Jorge is a piece of s**t midget, ok he isn't that short but... he looks so small, like a f*****g kid, looks all weak and s**t.. He is really good using his brain though, he is also really fast shooting zombies.

Jorge: Thank God you’re here. Wait how did you get in?

Josh: I put a ladder and went to the second floor window.

Jorge:  Oh, that’s great, than lets get out of here.

Josh: (serious face) Hold it! Can I trust you?

Jorge: Look around you, there's no time to ask this, we need to get the f**k out of here or we are going to be zombie food.

Josh: Fine!

We ran towards the room I got in, but there was a problem. The ladder had zombies climbing up. I quickly push the ladder down. Jorge ask me what are we going to do. I was thinking, but I didn’t know what to do, we were fucked. Zombies finally broke in, and they were heading towards us.

 

To be Continued in the next chapter.... F**K THIS MIDGET!



© 2017 JJC


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on January 18, 2017
Last Updated on January 18, 2017


Author

JJC
JJC

Mayaguez, US, Puerto Rico



Writing
The doctor is in The doctor is in

A Chapter by JJC