An old friend saves the day

An old friend saves the day

A Chapter by JJC

When I was a little boy, I got beat up by bullies in my school. I always came home with bruises and with a few broken ribs. One day my uncle came to my house and saw me injured, he look at me and told me " Josh you are pathetic, letting those kids kick your a*s like that; YOU'RE WEAK!". He then taught me how to fight. After three months of training he told me one rule; "Never surrender even if your opponent is stronger than you". Since then, even though I lost in a couple of fights, I never gave up.

So here we are in the middle of nowhere and I'm by myself with this b*****d. Looks like I can't escape from this one, I got to make time so the others can be far away as possible. I was curious of what this guy wants with us so, I ask him.

Josh: (Straight face) Who are you?

Eliezer: My name is Eliezer Tirado, special ops agent. I am here to take you to Dr. Bonilla for questioning.

Josh: So you work for him huh? Why in the world he wants me for?

Eliezer:  I am not allowed to say. Why are you going to San Juan?

Josh: We are going over there to kill him.

Eliezer: Interesting, I can't let you do that!

Josh: You think I f*****g care? You are not going to stop me from going over there and killing that mother f****r. Not you or anybody else can stop me.

He quickly pull his gun out and pointed at my face.

Josh: Wow a gun how original! If you want to stop me, do it with your fist you piece of s**t!

Eliezer: So is a fight you want? You got it, prepare to die.

Josh:   Ha, I'd like to see you try.

We raise our fists and went on a fighting pose. GET READY B*****S, THE GOOD STUFF IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

I throw the first punch, but he quickly dodge's it and hits me in the stomach, making me push back a little. That didn't stop me, so I run towards him and started to throw multiple punches, but he block all of them. I got pretty mad so I throw a punch straight to his face, he dodges it and I quickly throw a lower kick. He immediately does a backflip and in mid air he throws a kick to my face and hits me. I fell to the ground.

Eliezer: Is that the best you can do? Pathetic!

He quickly run towards me and pins me on the ground. He start throwing multiple punches at me on the stomach.

 

 

 

18

 

I felt every single punch that he threw on my body, it felt like someone was hitting me with a baseball bat. I quickly dodge his punches and hit him on his face, causing him to fall on the floor for a 1 second. I stood up and ran towards him. I grab him by the back, pull him up and slam him into the ground. I jump on him and started to throw punches at his face, even though he was covering it. He grab my hand and rolled me to the floor. Then, he grab my head and started smashing it to the ground. He kept doing that for 15 seconds, until he stopped. He stood up and watch me laying in the ground. He saw me trying to stand up, but he quickly turn me around and kick me in my face. I couldn’t move, I was so dizzy and f**k up that I could barely see. Eliezer grab my samurai sword and went towards me.

Eliezer: You were going to kill the doctor? You can't even protect yourself. I guess the doctor doesn’t have Perry about you guys. I don’t think that doctor will want a weak person for testing. I guess this is goodbye.

Well looks like this the end for me, you know I really don’t care. I wanted to die, it's not like I don’t have nothing worth fighting for, everyone I love was dead and I was a cold hearted b***h. Still I'm happy that everyone got away safely, now I can die in peace. He was going to kill me with my sword, until a grenade came flying out of nowhere and fell 30 feet of his back, causing and explosion. Eliezer fell to the ground and was unconscious. Than a smoke grenade was thrown, making a big smoke  around me. I didn’t know what was going on! Than I felt a hand on my legs, someone was pulling it. The person started dragging me and I could not do anything, I was so tired and beaten up. The moment came that I couldn’t see anything, all I know was I fainted.

I quickly woke up, I was really scared, but the funny thing is, I woke up in a car. It was daylight I was looking at the window and saw other cars in the road, people driving on them.

Carol: (She smiles) Hey there sleepy head

Josh: (Surprise) What? Carol?

Carol: Duh silly, you were sleeping for two hours, we are almost there.

Josh: There? Wait where are we going?

Carol:  To Comic-con silly! You know our tradition, the one we've been doing for eight years.

Josh:   Wait what?

Kristina: Can someone put the Unravel song again.

I turned around and saw this little girl, she look like she was four years old. I didn’t know what was going on.

Josh: (nervous voice) Who are you?

Kristina:  It's me daddy, Kristina!

Josh: Daddy? What's going on? Where's Kevin? Where is everyone?

Carol: (Upset) Josh come down, your freaking me out! Kevin is working remember? He couldn’t come.

 

 

 

 

19

 

Josh: No! This isn't real, this all a dream!

Carol:  Don’t be stupid, stop being like this, is scares me when you act like this.

Josh: (Paranoid) No this all wrong, this can't be real it can't.

I close my eyes and started to say " This is not real", over and over again. Until I open my eyes and saw the moon. I couldn’t move my hands much, I was really injured. So, it was all a dream, it made me cry. I look around, I saw a campfire, a tent and some food next to me. When I look to the left I saw person all cover up. The person was looking at me.

Josh: (Soft voice) Thanks for saving my life.

The person stood there really silent.

Josh: So you were the one who was following us since aguada huh? I knew that you were behind us. Who are you?

The person didn’t answered, but stood up went towards me and started to give me food. I started eating it, can of beans is f*****g disgusting but I needed to eat. I notice that the person had long black hair, big brown eyes. The person went to scout the area for a moment, when he or she got back I said something.

Josh: If your not going to tell me who you are at least tell me you’re a girl.

The person quickly turn around....

Josh:   I mean you must be a girl, cause to have a long hair and you have big  girly eyes. Its because you are a girl right? Unless you’re a gay  which I really don’t care. I mean if you like dicks that's cool but I will tell you now that I am not c**k eater.

The person went  towards and started to remove the scarf that was around the face. When the scarf was removed, I was surprise for who it was.

Josh: No! It can't be....Lorelys?

She look at me and smiled....

Lorelys: Hey Josh, Long time no see.

I was in shock, for a few minutes I couldn’t even speak. Meanwhile at the same time, ten minutes from here, the group was hiding in the trees.

Kevin: (Scared) Man, where's Josh? He should be here already!

Nate: Oh s**t this doesn’t look good, we need to leave.

Kevin: What! We can't leave, we need to wait for Josh.

Lilliana: I got bad news for you Kevin; he is not coming, he is dead.

 

 

 

 

20

 

Kevin:  No he isn't, he is alive!

Nate: Dude she is right! If he hasn’t appeared already, that means he is dead.

Kevin:  No I won't accept that. He is still alive, tell them Jorge.

Kevin called him for the second time but he wasn’t responding. Everyone looked at him, he was thinking of what he saw. When I told him to take the group far away from here, he went with them but at a distance he stopped and look back. He saw the whole fight, he saw me in the floor, completely finish, he started to ran away. At the end he heard the explosions and thought I was dead. So he told the group what he saw and everyone turn their head down.

Nate: So, that fat b*****d really is dead huh? D****t Josh!

Kevin: (pissed off)  Why the f**k he had to show us that he's the best? Why did he didn’t let us help him? F**K HIM.

Jorge: No! He did it to protect us, he told me to take you guys out of there. He knew we would have died if we stayed with him.

Jorge stood up and started giving an inspirational speech.

Jorge: I always thought that he didn't give a f**k about us, but look what he did. He sacrifice his life, so we can be safe. I don’t know him very well like Kevin did, but that’s is what  I called been brave. Now is our turn to do him the favor and go to San Juan and killed Dr. Bonilla. WHO IS WITH ME?

Everyone was quiet for a few seconds, but someone spoke up.

Nate: That was the gayest speech I have ever heard. But f**k it, I'm in.

Lilliana: It’s a suicide mission, there's no way we can do this guys.

Kevin: I'm in, there's no time for crying, it's time to act.

Natalia: I really love killing zombies, also I like adventures, I'm in!

Windelys: This would be a great way to invent some awesome weapons. Hell Yeah I'm in!

Everyone look at Lilliana, she was still thinking what to do. She knows she is strong, but doesn’t want to risk it. Jorge grabs her hand and said "Do you trust me?" She  looks at him and said yes.

Jorge: Than its settle, we will continue the mission, LET'S GO!

Lilliana: But wait what's the next town?

Jorge: Lets keep going until we reach to Dorado, so let's go.

Off they went, they found a school bus in the road, hop on it and head to Dorado. Now that’s the spirit that I wanted them to have. Even though there going to die, but still is nice they faith

Now let's go back to my situation. I got my a*s beat up by freaking special ops agent who was sent to stop me, but thanks to Lorelys I was saved. Now who is Lorelys? Well first of all she is one of the best

 

 

21

 

person I have ever know, total bad a*s even though she thinks she is that cool, which she is, but don’t tell her that. She knows how to kill zombies since she loves them and loves anime and other kinds of crazy s**t. But above all she is also my best friend; Oh yeah and Kevin's sister. What? You thought she was dead? I never said she was dead. I am not going to kill her just like that!

After hours of saving my strength, I stood up and started to walk.

Josh: Thanks for the help Lorelys, but I must go.

Lorelys: No, will go tomorrow you need to rest more.

Josh: I’m fine, now let’s go!

Lorelys: Wow, you haven’t change at all. Here I thought that you will be more different but you are still the same old stubborn person.

Josh: I need to be with the group, I need to know if there safe.

Lorelys: Yes they are safe, don’t worried too much, just go to sleep. Early in the morning we will leave.

So I went back and l lay down in the floor, almost falling asleep. Lorelys was on the look out, watching for zombies or other threats. Before I went to sleep I told her something

Josh:  Lorelys…

Lorelys: yeah?

Josh: (sleepy) I’m glad that your ok.

  She smiles and in a low voices says “I’m glad your ok too”.

Meanwhile in San Juan, Dr. Bonilla receive a called from Eliezer telling him that I was dead. Dr. Bonilla wasnt thrilled but he needed me and he also knew that Jorge was still coming after him with its group. So he told Eliezer that he can’t let them get to San Juan; he told him to eliminate them.



© 2017 JJC


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on January 18, 2017
Last Updated on January 18, 2017
Tags: comedy, humor, drama, fiction, zombies, friendship, sentimental


Author

JJC
JJC

Mayaguez, US, Puerto Rico



Writing
The doctor is in The doctor is in

A Chapter by JJC