A heroes death is another heroes beginning

A heroes death is another heroes beginning

A Chapter by JJC

Hello, my name is Lorelys, before this zombie apocalypse I was a normal teenage girl who loves boy bands and loved to watch anime. I get all excited every time I heard BTS songs; that was me back then, but now... Killing zombies is my hobby, trying to survive was my life's career, at least it was until I join this group, filled with people with so much love, made me change my goal. Dr. Bonilla captured me just make Josh get here and save me. I thought he wasn’t coming here without a plan, guess I was wrong, now he is turning into something horrible, a monster.

As I see him transform, I got scared. His body turn three times as big, his eyes turn red and his head was disfigured. He's in front of me standing still, I tried to called him, but he didn’t answered like he was being control; not being himself.

Dr. Bonilla: Yes! The transformation was a success.

Lorelys: What did you do to him?

Dr. Bonilla: I simply gave him a antivirus that started the zombie outbreak, but this time I've made some changes. Now he can obey me and do whatever I tell him to do.

Lorelys: (mad) You f*****g monster! What happens if he goes crazy, you can't saved yourself.

Dr. Bonilla: Foolish girl, I have the antidote right here, just in case things don't go according to plan.

I tried to called Josh, but he didn’t react, like he was somewhere else. Dr. Bonilla kept laughing at me every time I tried to called Josh's name, it was pissing me off. I got close to him, to see if he can see me. He look down at me and put his hand on my right arm, I thought I was finally communicating with him, until he grab me and throw me to the  glass wall.

Dr. Bonilla:  (laughing) He can't hear you, I am the one who controls his mind, his thoughts, he is not Josh anymore; he's gone. Now then my creation, killed her.

As Josh looked at me, his eyes turn from red to yellow. He started roaring like a beast and ran towards me. I quickly stood up and prepared myself for the worst. He threw a punch at me, but I quickly dodge it and ran to the other wall. I kept doing that for few minutes, until he got even madder. He did a big jump, raise both of his fist and hit the ground, causing a minor earthquake on the floor. That earthquake broke the floor that I was on and made me fall into the floor that was below. I open my eyes and saw him up there, he look at me with eyes of a killer.

Dr. Bonilla: Yes Josh, killed her, make her suffer.

Josh turn around and look at the doctor and started to break the glass wall. The doctor didn’t know what was going on, he couldn’t understand what was happening, but I did. Josh was trying to fight of the doctor's mind control. The doctor didn’t like it,he got piss and yelled at him.

Dr. Bonilla: (with authority) Obey me you dumb creature, I am your creator and you will do whatever I say!

      Josh turn his face back at me, I was trying to stand up but I couldn't move much. He grab chunk of the floor and raise it above his head. He was going to throw at me, I thought this was the end of my

 

46

 

 life, until an explosion was set off neared the base. Josh heard it and drop the rock. The doctor didn’t know what was going on, but he knew it wasn’t good.

Dr. Bonilla What the hell was going on?

Eliezer: Sir somebody destroy the lab facility.

Dr. Bonilla: (surprise) What? Computer, show me the facility.

The computer showed them the facility on fire, completely destroyed. The doctor told his security to check in the cameras to see what happen. They look around the area and saw the group. That's right the gang put the plan to good use, to save me and Josh.

Nate: Yeah b*****s come on out and play!

Jorge: Alright remember are mission is to go to the base, plant the bomb and rescue Josh and Lorelys.

Kevin: You got it captain, let's do this s**t!

Dr. Bonilla: How did they get in?

Eliezer: Looks like they killed the guards. Sir they are destroying all our work..

Doctor Bonilla was furious and was losing his patience. He needed to get out of there, but before he did he had and idea. He first gave Josh the antidote, causing him to turn to his normal self. Than he told Eliezer to close all the stairs and make them take the elevator inside the base.

Eliezer What are you planning sir?

Dr. Bonilla: You will see soldier, when they get in the elevator, send them to the eighth floor. After you do that I'll be waiting for you in the helicopter on the roof. Bring Josh's body with you, we need him for are ultimate soldier experiment.

Eliezer: Got it sir!

After the group destroy all the facilities, the went inside the base. In that moment Eliezer lock the rooms, the exit and the stairs, leaving the hallway wide open where the elevator is. The group was a little bit insecure, but Kevin just kept on walking until Lilliana stop him.

Lilliana: Hold it Kevin, this may be a trap.

Kevin: How can it be a trap when there's a direct entrance to the elevator?

Jorge: Let's just go, but be careful guys, you will never know what could happen.

They got in the elevator, falling for the doctor's trap. Eliezer closes the elevator door and took them to the eighth floor, after he did that he grab Josh and left to the rooftop.

I saw him taking him away, I tried to get up using the little strength I had left and went after them.

The group made it to the eighth floor, they were expecting the worst. The door opened and they raise their guns and slowly went in. The room was empty, they found it weird, they were expecting enemies everywhere.

Nate: (upset) Where the f**k is everybody? I want to killed some enemies!

Jorge: This is weird, just stay alert and search around the room.

47

 

Kevin: Jorge, I'm going to look for Lorelys and Josh on the next floor.

Jorge: Here take this bomb, set it up and wait for our signal.  We need to jump out of the base's windows into the water, than put one minute on the clock, jump to the water and that’s it.

Kevin: Ok then, see you guys later.

Kevin went back to the elevator and went to the last floor. In that moment, Eliezer was on the roof and saw the doctor in one of the helicopters. When he was half way threw I appeared and gave him a kick on the back, causing him to fell down and drop Josh on the floor. The doctor got scared and started the helicopter and flew out of there.

Dr. Bonilla: Eliezer, finish the job, after get in the last helicopter and ill meet you in Haiti.

Eliezer stood up and turn around, he smiled and said " Your going to pay for what you did the last time. Nobody throws a grenade at me and gets away with it. Die". He ran towards me and started to throw multiple punches. I use my hands to dodge it; Out of nowhere he gave me a kick in the stomach causing me to push back, but I was still standing up. He threw another kick and I grab him, threw a kick on his other leg, making him fall into the ground.

I quickly ran towards him and threw a punch to his face, but he dodge it and pin me down. He then grab one of my arm and leg's and pull it towards the back. I was feeling a lot pain, it felt like I was getting rip apart.

Eliezer: (smiling) You like that? I can feel your paying, its making me feel dominant. I am going to end you b***h.

I use all my strength on the side of the arm and leg he was grabbing me, throwing him to the floor. I was a little bit weak in the moment, but I kept on fighting. Eliezer grab Josh's samurai sword, I took my machete out. Before we started  to battle, Kevin got there and saw Josh on the floor.

Lorelys: Kevin go and wake up Josh!

Eliezer: You are not going to take him, you do realize that right?

Lorelys: If you want to take him, got to defeat me first.

Eliezer: (smiles) With pleasure...

In that exact moment, the group finishes checking around the room from the eighth floor, until they see a metal door. They look at the door wondering what's in there. Natalia walk towards it, she slowly opens the door and see's a dark room.

Natalia: Well it looks like there's nothing here.

As soon she turns around, zombies appeared out of the dark room and drag her in there. The rest got scared and started shooting. They couldn’t save Natalia cause there were too many of them, she was presume dead.

Nate: (scared) Oh f**k we need to get out of here!

Windelys went towards the elevator and called it, they needed to wait for a while, so they started shooting at the zombies. Zombies kept appearing out of that dark room, like it was a room only for them. Jorge, Lilliana and Nate were in the front while Windelys was shooting in the back.

49

 

Lilliana: There's too many of them!

They were almost pin down, but thankfully the elevator door opened. They went inside, and press the button to go up. Nate saw his gun so he reach for it and a zombie grab his arm.

Nate: Oh f**k! Help me guys! There f*****g pulling me.

They started to pull Nate back, but the zombies were too strong. One of the zombie took a bite of Nate's hand, causing him to scream. Lilliana quickly took her axe out and killed the zombie. They'd pulled Nate inside the elevator and went up, but Nate was bitten by the zombie.  

Nate: (nervous) Somebody do something!

Jorge and Windelys didn’t know what to do to help Nate, the only thing Jorge thought was to kill him. When Jorge was going to say it, Lilliana quickly told them to hold his arm. They quickly hold Nate's arm, he didn’t know what was going on. She grab her axe and cut Nate's hand off. He started to scream with pain; his arm was pouring a lot of blood, like a f*****g water fountain, it kept going on and on. Jorge cut a chunk of  his shirt to stop the bleeding of Nate's arm.

They made it to the last floor and saw more zombies in there. It was a dead end.

Windelys: What do we do now?

Lilliana: I don’t know, I guess this is the end.

Jorge started to think, he soon remember that he told Kevin that they are going to jump out of the window, into the water. He quickly told the group to do that, they didn’t complain cause it was there only choice. Jorge grab Nate and they all jump out of the window, falling into the ocean.

Eliezer and I started a sword fight, it was like fighting in star wars, I was enjoying it. I gave him a kick on the face, knocking him down to the ground. I quickly went over Kevin and Josh.

Lorelys: Did he woke up?

Kevin: He is starting to, look!

I saw Josh waking up and he ask me what happen. I told him what happen with him and everything, after that Kevin explain that we needed to leave because he needs to activate the bomb.

Josh: Ok then, I'll set the bomb for 10 seconds, that way it would explode faster.

Kevin: Ok then here you go.

Josh was ready to activate the bomb but we had a problem. Eliezer woke up and we didn’t have time to fight. Kevin told us to jump to the water now. Josh told us to go and he will deal with this.

Lorelys: Are you f*****g crazy, forget the plan let's just go.

Kevin: Yes, let's go now.

Josh: Are you crazy? We can't leave, we need to destroy this, you guys go on!

Lorelys: (screams) Josh you need to stop with this s**t, you wouldn’t have time to activate the bomb for 10 seconds and get out of here, lets go!

 

50

 

He said ok, we quickly stand the edge of the roof and were ready to jump.

Lorelys: Ok guys ready?

Kevin: Yeah I'm ready, are you Josh.

He stood there silences and started to pull back, I turn around and saw him saying " As long I know that you are safe, I could died at peace. Goodbye Lorelys". He pushes me off the roof, landing in the water. I swam up and saw Kevin falling to the water as well.

Lorelys: What happen? Is he coming?

Kevin was like a crazy person screaming his name, when suddenly, there was a huge explosion in the building, it started to collapse. Jorge and the others appeared behind us on a boat. They pulled us in and accelerated the boat. I watch as the base crumble to the ground, angry at Josh for his stupid decision.

Lorelys: Kevin, what happen up there? What did he say?

Kevin: (upset) He said nothing, he's dead guys.

Everyone was in shock about the news we were just told. I was sad, but I was also angry at him for doing a stupid stunt like that. Passing through the smoke a helicopter appeared, it was Dr. Bonilla heading towards the ocean.

Jorge: Where is he going?

Lorelys: (serious) Haiti.

Lilliana: Why is he going there?

Lorelys: Because its where all began.

Jorge: Guy's I know that we are upset for Josh's death, but right now we need to fulfill the promise we gave him. We need to continue the mission and end this.We all need a leader so I think...

Lorelys: I am the new leader.

Jorge: I was about to name you as leader.

Lorelys: Guys, what Josh did was really stupid and im still angry at him, but we need to stop the doctor. He isn't going to quit, so let's get ready, cause we are going to Haiti.

Windelys: We need to help Nate with his injury.

We made it to shore and started to patch Nate up. Kevin look around and ask for Natalia, Jorge told him the bad news, he was so sad he went running out of there crying. I went for a walk and thinking about what happen, I can't believe he is really dead. From a distance I saw another helicopter leaving the area, it look like the second helicopter that was on the roof. It was taking off, but I ignore it. I went back to the group and ask them if there ready to leave, they were.

Nate: But guys, how are we going over there?

Lorelys: On a boat.

Nate: What! It will take weeks to get there.

 

51

 

Windelys: (furious) Nate stop bitching already, I cant take it anymore. Your cousin just died, its time to finish this job.

Nate: F**k! I just don’t want to get a f*****g sunburn

Kevin: Forget about that let's just go.

We pack a lot of supplies, gas and we headed out to the sea. I look back at the island and said my last farewell, I never thought I will leave this place, but I never knew a zombie apocalypse was going to happen. Sometimes it's hard to say goodbye, but if your leaving with a purpose, then it's not a goodbye, it’s a farewell. We will never forget Josh, he was our leader, our protector, my friend. At the end of the day he died a hero, protecting us from the enemy. It's our turn now, to keep his legacy alive, cause together we are strong, together we can defeat the evil in this world.

The war isn’t over, it's just the beginning..



© 2017 JJC


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on January 18, 2017
Last Updated on January 18, 2017
Tags: comedy, humor, drama, fiction, zombies, friendship, sentimental


Author

JJC
JJC

Mayaguez, US, Puerto Rico



Writing
The doctor is in The doctor is in

A Chapter by JJC