Anesthetize

Anesthetize

A Story by YacobTihstea
"

Short, but I like it.

"
I want to live in a world where every picture of everything around is a picture of something old and kept silent for years. A world where the things we've been stealing the souls from haven't spoken to us since birth.

I came out and a lamp in the corner told me I would have a rough childhood. His friend was an apple resting on the table beside him. A family member that happened to be obsessed with photography was there, and right as the table was going to speak, the photographer leaned down and set his camera parallel with the surface of the table and then I heard a faint yet roaring "No.." from the table, and then I heard the shutter of the camera silence him forever.

The table, the apple, and the lamp were instantly set into a silent history. I still have the picture. It's a very nice yet antique looking photograph. I wish every picture was like this. The world would be filter clean, and it would possess a filter clean, slightly feminine, candy scent. Every hall way would mirror a hospital, and every corner would be an adventure for five seconds. Oceans would collide endlessly with every wall outside every building on the edge of the city, and we would sail in perfect clouds in perfect breezes under just the right amount of sun. We could build this paradise, and then take a picture of it. We could take thousands of pictures of it.

Every click or pop or whir or whiz...every noise a beam of destruction, isolating something someone loves more than someone else and eating it away. Digesting it and forcing it back into the world on a palette as a picture that we will always have to keep. We would never live there again, and we would regret our greed. Such a perfect world would have the best memories. And we would want them only for ourselves. 


We're so often the apocalypse that we fear.

© 2010 YacobTihstea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can always re-write! =)
Give me a bit and I'll try that out for you!
Thank you for the review, I'm glad you like it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Powerful, powerful story. Full of poetic flow. I can only tell you what I've gotten from this, and what flit through my mind was humanity's way of eroding the very paradisaic conditions they wish for. Mind's eye filled with building, with making the world better than, if not as good as, the world they knew before. All the while they tear it down. I love this. Wish it would have been dissected into a few separate paragraphs though. I love space.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 31, 2010
Last Updated on September 2, 2010

Author

YacobTihstea
YacobTihstea

Rome, GA



About
My name is Jacob. I pretend to hate but yearn to love. I like to cook, and I like to weld, and I like to write. The urge to write isn't constant, but I constantly write anyways. I secretly love t.. more..

Writing
Rosius Rosius

A Poem by YacobTihstea