Don't judge a book by it's cover

Don't judge a book by it's cover

A Poem by SuicidePact.

 

Not all emo's are suicidal.

Not all black people steal cars.

W****s aren’t the only ones with STD's

Not all celebrities are 'perfect'

When someone smiles doesn't mean they're happy.

When he says he'll call he probably won't.

Just cos he dresses well doesn't mean he's gay.

That guy with his boxers showing doesn't make him gangster.

Just because i wear Black doesn't make me gothic.

Not all religious folk are going to damn you to hell.

Don't judge a book by it's cover,

Don't base a candy by it's outer case.

Don't make stupid assumptions.

Cos I guarantee, you wouldn't like what people thought of you.

© 2012 SuicidePact.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You said it all right there in your last line
"Cos I guarantee, you wouldn't like what people thought of you." If only it was that easy to get the point across to others...I like how you chose your words within this very "in the face" concept...no give there..no wishy-washy meakness...strong statements and given with a great deal of respect as well for others..shows that you have an open mind while writing..(just saying as reguard to others feelings there) Bravo for you...very nice!!! Thank you for the RR :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A nice little piece, I am prompted to wonder what made you pen this one. This piece I am sure will resent with many, not only for the subject but also because of the many pop culture references which make it approachable. So congratulations for engaging a wide audience, always something to be admired.

Personally I never judge on appearances, I prefer to wait until I hear what they have to say first. As the saying goes a man who keeps his mouth shut may be thought a fool, but once he opens his mouth he can remove all doubt.

Regards,
A.E.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Celebrities are NOT PERFECT...nice! I liked this..

Posted 11 Years Ago


I 100% agree with you, a lot of people nowadays are too judgmental...it's very sad and sickening.
Great write =)

Posted 11 Years Ago


You said it again. I really like this one! your words spell out the truth. Awesome poem :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Where it points to the need to think again, it does an admirable job. Nice write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


LOVE THIS!!!!! I'm so tired of people judging others without getting to know them and you put all my feelings into this poem. Well done. Good job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


So so so true.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow really good n totally true imma remember this when i start to judge some one

Posted 12 Years Ago


You said it all right there in your last line
"Cos I guarantee, you wouldn't like what people thought of you." If only it was that easy to get the point across to others...I like how you chose your words within this very "in the face" concept...no give there..no wishy-washy meakness...strong statements and given with a great deal of respect as well for others..shows that you have an open mind while writing..(just saying as reguard to others feelings there) Bravo for you...very nice!!! Thank you for the RR :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I never judge a book or anything else by it's cover, well done, good read.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on March 18, 2012
Last Updated on March 18, 2012

Author

SuicidePact.
SuicidePact.

Not telling!, SecretVille., Australia



About
You'll find a lot about me through my writing. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse


Own My Heart Own My Heart

A Poem by Canicus