Today..

Today..

A Poem by SuicidePact.

Stabbing my own pale skin,

What kind of messed up world do we live in?

I hate my life, I hate everything in it..

Clamping my tongue so I cannot scream it.

Why am I so bloody worthless?

Why is the standard so close to perfect?

I deserve all my pain.

I truly am the one to blame.

© 2012 SuicidePact.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this person sounds like she's in the middle of an anxiety attack. the desperation comes through. she blames herself when she shouldn't. she's hurt. you don't deserve your pain. you just have to learn to cope with it or let the ones who care about you the most help you get through this. a cry for help. great poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

aww that is not true you have worth and you are important amazing write !!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your poem is well-written and easy to read. I appreciate the correct punctuation and sentance structure. However, nobody is worthless, and even when we make poor decisions we cannot go through life feeling so negative. The world is indeed messed up, but as individuals we can find many activities, observations and thoughts that are upbuilding and positive. Keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We certainly do live in a messed up world but there definitely are some positives too. I hope you don't actually feel worthless. Raw emotions when written down can help you to understand yourself better I feel. Just take a look at how many people read and review your poetry, then ask yourself "Am I really worthless?". I think you'll find the answer there. I for one believe you can turn a bad situation into a good one with the power of positive thinking. You are a unique, talented individual. Start believing it yourself!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So intense.
The pain is so raw.
The first two lines are so powerful.
Great write.
I really hope, you dont actually believe that you're worthless.
Because, you, Jenn, are a wonderful poet. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Clamping my tongue so I cannot scream it...love that line! This flows well and is very stark in it's emotional intent. For most people, it takes years to learn the measuring stick you are using, belongs to someone who knows less than you do. Unless one likes being a follower, you have to have the inner strength to believe in self, take care and love self and include like minded people in your life. Life is too short to let negative people take your precious time. Having an older soul in a teenage body, in a society like ours, is very difficult to deal with. Your emotions need to catch up with soul. Bloody worthless? Hardly, sweetie. Use this time to imagine the life YOU will make for yourself, what you need to do to accomplish that life. It's not easy, but that's the point. How bad do you want it? Thought takes energy. Action takes energy. Whether you use your energy for positive or negative is YOUR CHOICE. Not to say others won't ever try to hurt you or tell you what to do, but take into consideration motive, learning experience, etc., etc. You have to go to kindergarten before you can get to college! Don't be so hard on yourself or others-everyone does the best that they can with the knowledge they have at that time. And a sense of humor at the absurdity of life helps a lot!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awww don't feel bad! Life will turn around.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow such pain is felt in this. a great write

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh god I don't know how you do this girl. I FEEL the same way all the time and you put them in words so wonderfully. This is absolutely beautiful. Don't be too hard on yourself. You're by far the best writer I've ever come acroos.. Keep up the good work. I also hope you feel better at least now as you put them on the paper.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You've expressed yourself here very well...The last two lines are quite true for me...Sometimes, I think that way too...Well done here!
:)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


The raw emotion of this piece surges over the brim and confronts the reader with its harsh reality, with what the piece and the author perceive to be the cruel reality of existence.

I will dissent from its depiction of life however. Blame, worth, standards, these all imply that there exists something in life by which we can measure a good life, a life that is blameless, worthwhile, and upright. But I am of the persuasion that there exists no such standard. The universe, existence, is cold and unfeeling, it is amoral, it provides no judgement and no guide. There is enormous beauty in this amoral, I would say pure, beauty.

We have all passed through stages of self-pity and blame, where we believe ourselves to be the sole failure, that we can never live up to some imagined standard. The realisation we must all have to progress, to make our lives a revolt, is that there is no standard, no meaning.

The piece however is raw and powerful for that fact alone. While I disagree with the tenor of the piece, I cannot fault its execution.

A.E.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1843 Views
102 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 19, 2012
Last Updated on April 19, 2012

Author

SuicidePact.
SuicidePact.

Not telling!, SecretVille., Australia



About
You'll find a lot about me through my writing. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..