Drop 01: Nightmare

Drop 01: Nightmare

A Chapter by JakeAStrife
"

Kyrie's home life...

"

DROP 01: NIGHTMARE


A mysterious girl with blue hair. She couldn't exist. That's what I kept telling myself as I walked barefoot, along the side of the road. I had no way of knowing of the time since my watch had died in the water. Not only had it died, but I should also've died. I stopped and looked at the clear, star-lit sky. In Crimson Wharf, the stars were almost always visible, it seemed.

"What just happened?" I whispered, taking my crimson hair in hand and squeezing out the water.

I gave a heavy sigh and thought about dropping my boots. They weighed enough regularly, but now they were soaked. Of course, that's what happens when you jumped into the ocean fully clothed. You get soaked. Also, of course, I'd had no intention of ever surfacing again. My thoughts went full circle back to the fanged girl.

"D****t." I lowered my eyes. "Why can't I get you out of my head?"

She'd called me her blood sister.

"Okay!" I dropped my boots and threw my arms out before me. "You hit your head, and the tide brought you back to the beach. There's no way that girl can exist! For the love of all that's good, she had FANGS!"

When I closed my eyes and pictured her angled jaw, and flawless pale skin, I found a smile creeping across my lips.

"Stop that!" I snapped.

If anyone had been around, they would've thought me insane. Thankfully, the forested road rarely bore traffic.

With a grumble, I scooped up my boots and continued trudging on. After a mile, and being halfway home, my feet felt plenty sore. I groaned and complained until I finally made it to my front lawn.

That's where I stopped.

Sitting in the driveway, I found an old, beat-up Jeeps sitting next to my dad's pickup truck and speedboat. At first, my heart raced. The Jeep belonged to my boyfriend, Michael. That also meant Michael sat inside my house, with my dad, probably waiting for me.

"Wonderful!" I spat and skirted the lawn to get a view inside. Through partially drawn curtains, I could see Michael sitting in the armchair; my DAD's favorite recliner. He never let anyone sit there. The last time I did so, I got a beating so bad, I had welts on my a*s for weeks.

The fact that Michael had come to my house, and met my dad, made me shudder. Dad always told me if I ever had a boyfriend, he would kill him, and then cut off my b***s. With his insanity level, I had never thought him lying. I dropped my boots again and held my arm across my chest.

I paced back and forth on the lawn. "Michael is probably dead. My dad's going to cut off my b***s. I should just go back to the lake and end it." At the end of my rant, the blue-haired girl entered my mind again. "GO AWAY!" I shouted.

The neighbor's dog immediately howled and went into a wild barking spree. I covered my mouth and shook my head.

"No, no, no!" I whispered and looked in the window again. Michael had left the chair.

I turned on my heel and sprinted behind the speedboat, silently cursing.

"Kyrie?" Michael called from my front door. "Are you out here?"

I glanced across the yard and spotted my white boots sitting on one of the stepping-stones.

"Son-of-a-b***h!" I hissed.

Michael chuckled. "Oh, Kyrie, are you playing my favorite game? Leaving articles of clothing around for me to find?"

I stayed hidden, hoping beyond hope he wouldn't see me. Why on Earth had he come to my house anyway? Well, at least Dad hadn't killed him.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" Michael sang.

I watched his shadow stretch as he stepped into the yard. Only moments later, did he peek around the side of the boat. I bit my lip and gave a small wave.

"There you are, my love bunny," he said. "What are you doing out here? Wait, why are you soaking wet?"

I forced a smile and shrugged. "I went swimming?"

"You're such a silly bunny," he said. "Grab your boots and come inside. You'll catch a cold if you stay out here all wet."

He approached and took my wrist, pulling me out into the yard. I bent over to grab my boots, and he smacked my a*s so hard, it left a stinging pain.

"Michael!" I gasped. "Not here! What if my dad sees?"

"Don't be so paranoid!" Michael said, coming in for a kiss. The overwhelming stench of alcohol passed over my nostrils, and I gagged.

"Have you been drinking?" I reared back, shaking my head.

"Just a little, Bunny," he said and grabbed my a*s, pulling me so close our lower bodies were touching.

"You know you aren't supposed to be drinking!" I whispered.

He laughed. "Why not? I'm twenty-one!"

"AND an alcoholic!" I tried to push him away, but he held me tight.

Michael lowered his face and nibbled the side of my neck. An explosion of tingles shot through my entire body and let an involuntary moan.

"You in the mood?" he asked.

"NO!" I pushed hard and stumbled, back, landing on my behind.

Michael walked by me and headed for the open front door. "Go get changed. Your dad and I were having a great conversation; I'm sure you'll love to hear about."

As he disappeared into the house, I muttered, "Thanks for helping me up, a*****e."

Boots in hand, I slumped into the house, only taking a brief glance into the living room. Michael had returned to Dad's chair, and Dad sat on the couch across from him, a forty in his hand. We met eyes for a moment, and I didn't see the usual hatred he bore towards me. He looked, dare I say, happy.

"Come here," Dad said.

I opened my mouth to respond, and Michael lifted his hand. "No, no, no. She went swimming, so she needs to change. She can join us in a moment."

"Did she now?" Dad grinned. "Well, hurry up and change!"

The very fact that he didn't sound angry chilled me to the bone. Not a lick of the situation made any sense. Whatever would come of it, it couldn't be good.

I hurried up the stairs and rushed into my room. A silky nightgown lay spread out on my bed. My jaw dropped. "Michael, you cannot expect me to wear that !" I never wore ANYTHING that exposed my legs. I hated my thunder thighs.

"Change into your present!" Michael shouted from downstairs.

I pursed my lips and groaned. "A*****e."

My wet skinny jeans did NOT come off easily, nor did my long-sleeve shirt. After removing my undergarments, I pulled on the nightgown and glanced in the mirror. I shook my head and quickly put on a bra underneath. Even though I couldn't boast being the big chested, it showed off way too much. I would never feel comfortable in such a getup.

"Hurry it up, Love Bunny!" Michael called.

My face burned red. How could he call me that in front of Dad and still be breathing?

I left the room and walked downstairs, feeling more exposed than I ever wanted to feel. Michael turned as I walked into the living room. He grinned at my dad. "Do you see how beautiful she is?"

Dad clapped his hands. "I've always thought my little angel was the most beautiful in the world!"

"This doesn't make any sense!" I turned to Michael.

He patted his leg. "Come, sit, my Love Bunny!"

My eyes shot to Dad, who merely smiled as if he'd never heard the pet name. I glanced at Michael's knee, and he patted it again. With reluctance, I sat down, and he pulled me back into the chair with him. He threw his arm around my shoulder and hugged me tightly.

Again, I looked to Dad, fearing he'd have his shotgun out and ready to kill us both, but no, he leaned back, taking a drink of his booze.

"So, um, what were you talking about?" I asked.

Dad stood and set down his empty bottle. "Mike here was just telling me the good news."

"Good news?" I scoffed. "Like what? About some god or another?"

Dad laughed. "No, you know I'm already as pious as they come."

"Yeah, right," I murmured.

"The good news!" Michael said. "Remember you just told me after school today?"

I stared at him, drawing a blank.

"The GOOD news." he repeated through clenched teeth.

"I got nothin'."

Michael sighed and placed his palm on my belly. "Don't be nervous. Your dad already knows about the bun in the oven."

My jaw dropped. "Michael, I'm no--"

He squeezed me tighter and cut off my words. I looked him in the eyes, and he glared with a thousand tiny knives.

Dad came over and ran his hand through my hair. "It's okay, my wonderful daughter. I'm not upset. If it had been any other guy, I probably would've killed him and cut off your t*****s."

I set my jaw and looked at Michael for an explanation. He grinned.

"You see, my old man just kicked the bucket today," Michael said. "And well, he left me a HUGE inheritance."

My heart raced again. "H-How much?" Then I shook my head. "Forget I said that! I'm sorry to hear about your dad..."

"We both know he was a shithead," Michael said. "Unlike YOUR dad, who is one of the kindest men in the world."

"Please, Mike, you flatter me. I'm happy you've come into five million bucks!"

"Five. Million?" My jaw dropped.

Michael nodded and pushed me forward so hard; I stumbled to my feet. Dad didn't even seem to notice. My now rich boyfriend stood, walked around in front of me, and fell to one knee.

My eyes widened as he reached into his pocket. I shook my head and looked to Dad for help once more, but he smiled and nodded.

Michael withdrew a small black box from his pocket. "Kyrie Garnet, I want you to make an honest man out of me. I want to make an honest woman out of you. I thought long and hard about this decision, but with our unborn baby on the way, I knew this was the best decision for all three--"

Dad cut in. "Four."

"Yes, four, of us."

"This has to be a joke..." I whispered.

Michael shook his head. "No, Love Bunny, it isn't. Will...will you marry me?"

He popped open the ring case before I could respond, and my jaw dropped. Not because he'd just proposed, but because the engagement ring didn't even have a single diamond. I stared at a silver band that he probably from a twenty-five cent machine.

I took a step back and looked at dad. He nodded. "Kyrie, I've given Michael my blessing. All you have to do is say YES, and you'll be married before the month's end."

Full blown anxiety struck my chest, and I felt like I couldn't breathe. At any moment, my heart would explode, and I would keel over. "This can't be real...this night cannot be real."

Michael took the ring from the case, and grabbed my hand, trying to shove it on my ring finger.

"W-Wait!" I said.

"Your silence is yes enough, my Love Bunny," Michael shoved the ring on, which fell right back off. He didn't even know my ring size at all.

I stepped back, looking at Dad, then back at Michael. "This has to be a joke! I'm not pregnant! I'm not getting married! I...I hate you both, and I hate my life!"

I spun on my heel and raced for the stairs, my feet pounding each step until I dove through my door and kicked it closed. I fell onto my bed, grasping my face, digging in my nails.

"This can't be happening!" I whispered. "No, no, no! This can't be! No! This is insane! There was no blue-haired fang girl, Michael didn't propose to me, and I'm DEFINITELY not pregnant. That's it. I died and went to Hell. THIS is Hell!"

Downstairs, I could hear Michael and Dad exchanging words, but I couldn't make them out. I fell onto my side and curled into the fetal position. Tears found their way from my eyes, as I accepted my cruel fate.

Before long, I heard footfalls coming up the stairs. I glanced at the door as it swung open. Michael’s silhouette blocked the light from outside. He walked in and shut the door behind him.

"Are you an idiot?" he hissed.

"No, but you are!" I snapped.

He groaned. "I just talked your dad into letting us get married so we can go have all the AMAZING sex we want! You can move into a new house with me! We can do it three times a day, every day!"

"What the hell!" I cried. "What's wrong with you? Your dad just died, and you're thinking about sex?"

"Isn't that all there is to think about?" he asked.

I glared at him, as he walked to the bedside. He undid his belt buckle and dropped his pants. I continued to glare. He came closer and said, "You'd better apologize and make it up to me."

Rage erupted. I kicked out as hard as I could and connected right into his balls. Michael stumbled back, as he gave a high-pitched squeal.

"You B***H!" he said.

"Takes one to know one!" I grabbed a pair of scissors from my bedside table. "Now get the hell out of here before I cut off your dick!"

His eyes showed such fury; I expected him to throttle and have his way with me. I shook my head, ready to defend myself, but Michael grabbed the door and left, cursing up a foul storm.

I jumped up and slammed the door shut, locking it. Downstairs, my dad and Michael were speaking with raised voices.

"That little b***h did WHAT?" Dad asked.

"You better get her in line!" Michael said. "Or you won't see a drop of my inheritance!"

"Don't you worry," Dad said. "That little b***h is going to get it now!"

Michael laughed. "No...I wouldn't want you to hurt the baby."

I narrowed my eyes and shouted. "There is no baby!"

The downstairs door slammed shut, and Dad stomped his way upstairs. He pounded on my door. "Kyrie, you little s**t! You get pregnant and don't even agree to marry the jerk? You'll never find any better than him! No one will want you with a baby! No one!"

I closed my eyes tight as he continued to pound and belittle me through the door. After ten minutes at least, he left, and I finally found silence. I pictured Michael’s face and snarled. "I wish you would die!"

As soon as those words left my lips again, I saw the mysterious blue-haired girl in my mind. She smiled with those wicked fangs. At that moment, I wanted nothing more for her to be real.

"If we're blood sisters," I whispered. "Please save me from this nightmare."



© 2017 JakeAStrife


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on August 8, 2017
Last Updated on August 8, 2017
Tags: vampires, romance, love, death, suicide, LGBT, depression, horror


Author

JakeAStrife
JakeAStrife

Pittsburgh, PA



About
Greetings and salutations! :) I'm Jake A. Strife. Currently, I'm the author of 19 books. Also, I'm a huge anime and video game fan! My Original Novels: Dark Dayz - 1 - VR Dawn Dark Dayz - 2 - .. more..

Writing