The Fun Parts- Lipsyte

The Fun Parts- Lipsyte

A Story by JalousieJacinth
"

This is not my work, but I was reading this today and decided it has pretty much summed up my entire existence on Earth.

"

"You know," she said, gathered herself.  "It's very hard.  Here.  In America.  In the world.  For women.  It's a f*****g nightmare. Our choices are no choice. Everybody has a goddamn opinion, but nobody ever wants to help.  The politicians, the culture, they push the idea of family, the importance of the mother, and they also push the idea of opportunities for women, but they screw us all on the stuff that counts, that will make it real. We are alone and suicidal or we have children and are suicidal. The only women who escape this are the rich.  All the accomplished women in history had servants.  I'm convinced of that.  Even if it's not true.  It certainly feels f*****g true.  I'm sorry.  I'm babbling.  Why am I going on about this?  It's stupid.  I'm just cranky.  Must be getting my period, right?  That what you think? Well, f**k you, and of course I am.  But that's not it.  Maybe I wasn't ready to wake up just now.  Maybe I'm tired of waking up.  Nothing changes when I do.  Nothing ever suddenly....Christ, I'm sorry.  I should just go.  Maybe I should just...."

     Tovah turned and say that Mr. Gautier had tugged his penis out of his tuxedo pants.  He gave a shrug and , like a loved boy, beamed. 

     "It's okay," he said.  "I'm listening."

- Sam Lipsyte

© 2014 JalousieJacinth


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on July 20, 2014
Last Updated on July 20, 2014

Author

JalousieJacinth
JalousieJacinth

SC



About
Juvenile humor and sexual innuendos are my forte. If you like my writing please holler at me. more..

Writing