Snow hits hard in UK..panic attacks!

Snow hits hard in UK..panic attacks!

A Story by JanieB
"

My personal observation..

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Some people managed to dig their way out of their homes this morning, to drive the slippery slopes to work today.

On arrival at work, surrounded by their brave colleagues, donned with scarves and gloves, they cradled their coffee cups, and discussed the treacherous drive into their workplace.

By the time they had discussed their ordeals, time for lunch, and another time to gather and discuss what time they ought to leave, to head home.

After much deliberation, the conclusive outcome was to leave about 3 p.m. today to avoid the rush hour. Having spent 2 hours driving to work already. 3 p.m. came, and they headed to their snow encased cars, reminding each other to take care driving home, and the women shouting to text each other when they got home.

After scraping off the ice, and snow, they fired up their cars, and started the long and frightening journey home.

Hands on their car horns to warn fellow drivers and an odd foolish person out with their frozen and stiff dogs.

The majority of people arrived home safely, their cars covered in grit and freshly covered snow.

The others called into friends to spread the news about their arduous day at work.

Forecast for more snow over the weekend. Monday won't be long coming, and then they can all enjoy the ordeal again.

That's our British weather for you.. never happy..

 

© 2011 JanieB


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This seems almost like a newspaper article or something. It's cute and well written, if a little bit random

Posted 12 Years Ago


What Grit lol, a few flakes of the white stuff and britton comes to a standstill yet again, not that any council curruption is to blame, heaven forbid

Posted 13 Years Ago


I know the feeling. We got hit hard here too in the US. It seems like when snow happens, people lose their senses. XD
Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


the little tiny cars can't possibly do so well in that weather :)
this felt like a weather report with some sarcasm and humor.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very funny ending to a seemingly tragic morning. Your writing style, however, could use much development. In this story you don't describe a setting or a story, you state it without further elaboration, it would do you good to advance on your descriptive skills. The grammar could also use some spicing up because, although you lack description, several of your sentences are run-on sentences. Either that or they start without much transition from the previous paragraph or sentence, again it relates back to the lack of detail. Yes your facts are certainly present, but it's details about these facts that aren't sufficient. But, overall, good plot and great ironic humor. Well said.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh I don't like the snow. Especially when I have to shovel the darn thing! LOL!
Great story!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
nooo!!! We love the snow!! Our little country is ill equipped to deal with extremes in weather..unfortunately we do not have snow like this every year, so we don't have the need for the provisions that countries that have guaranteed snowfalls have! It a national obsession the weather but I think we bond in these snow periods! Maybe if the infrastructure was better ie schools, public transport..we would cope better..however we still manage to get out and build a couple of snowmen!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


That was great it can be a good whether and troublesome at time. Hope to see it one day due to the fact snow is christmas miracles.

Posted 13 Years Ago


no snow here in south africa :( though we did get a slight bit a few years ago, but that was nothing worth mention... i would love to experience a snowy day, actually
certainly is probably better than hail :/

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

676 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2010
Last Updated on January 3, 2011

Author

JanieB
JanieB

Paphos, Europe, Cyprus



About
I started writing in October '10. A real new bee to this world of writing. I currently live in Cyprus, where I have been since 2005. I am British, and have spent many years living abroad. Please j.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Stranger Inside Stranger Inside

A Poem by .