I Love The Night

I Love The Night

A Poem by J.R Schlievert
"

enjoy

"

The chilling darkness
How I love the night
From the eerie wind
To the cold, bright moon
The night is my playground
I prowl
The night is not an oasis
Its filled with monsters that frighten and scare
The dark
Its just so hypnotic
So damnable
So nefarious
That i could grab your feeble soul and haul it to Hades
I LOVE THE NIGHT
 

© 2009 J.R Schlievert


Author's Note

J.R Schlievert
BE TRUTHFUL, AND POINT OUT ERRORS

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

How you bring out the darkness of the night and the deplorable mysteries that it shields! Ah my kind sir, you seem to know much of the secrets the dense and musty darkness hold back, until the innocent human passes with in your fingertips reach. You pounce taking the mortal with face frozen in terror back to you decaying chamber located in the deepest part of hades to torture and then leave them to inscribe upon your chamber walls the horrors that reside there, you return to finish the deed, and smile at the epitaph the victim inscribed for theirselve upon the wall. You then silently emerge into the chill of the night amidst the swirling fog to await.............Loved your piece. You have so evolved in your writing!!! Keep that pen flowing . By the hope you are not a vampire plotting to take over the cafe!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I did enjoy this...i feel the dark mystery of the night come alive with reading this...
(i would like you to suggest the word 'prowl' instead of 'play' in that one line....my reasoning being, you already stated the night is your playground....then you go on with there are monsters in it....by using prowl you suggest that you are one of those monsters or at least a dark force to be reconed with...)
but as i've told you before, this is your work, i am merely making an observation and suggestion; take it leave it,
I love your work either way!
:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


i like its simplicity, well done :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this poem and I love the night also.Night is my favorite time because it is so quiet and all the night creatures come out to play. And the night wraps you in cloak almost as if it is protecting you and keeping you safe. And as you said it is hypnotic.
You did great.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Its really good, but the use of the word "night" twice right at the beginning should probably be changed...in poetry you need a wide range of words rather than repeating ones you have already used.

Posted 14 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

434 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 1, 2009
Last Updated on September 2, 2009

Author

J.R Schlievert
J.R Schlievert

Queen Creak, AZ



About
If a fun loving person! Need help with anything just give me a message and I promise that I will get to you! Im a big guy at 65 (AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! THAT RHYMED!) and I love people! And what ever they .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Snow Snow

A Poem by J.R Schlievert