Forgive Them

Forgive Them

A Poem by J.R Schlievert

Does doing the right thing make you a good person?

Or does it hide the ugly being in side.

People don't understand that the human race was build on good and bad decisions

If some one makes a mistake, does that ruin his/her life?

Do you believe in the phenomenon called 'second chance'?

Or are you like reality?

No second chances

No forgiveness

No remorse

We are who we are

And if you cant see that?

Then open your eyes to the world

Let the light hit you on the way out

Forgive others

No madder how small or big

Harsh or violent

Because revenge will take over your life like countless others

Please?

I know as your reading this, your thinking for the person that hurt you the most

That destroyed every single fiber of hope in your life

Forgive them, for your own health

Forgive them

© 2009 J.R Schlievert


Author's Note

J.R Schlievert
This is not a poem :) just go for it, them me what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good philosophy to LIVE by .. Hard to do but true ... Stress is a killer and so is vengeance & a unforgiving nature.. Great opening lines & a wonderfully executed piece ... Spot on, J.R !
LLR

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is beautiful. A lot of times we don't forogive people and in the end, we really should. I like how this is worded.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this a lot. It is true, but the thing is, sometimes there is no second chance in your mistakes, and that mistake can permanently affect your life. But, in most cases, there are second chances. Good job on this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Following the verbs I went for the headline. This is very different in every way to your SHUT UP poem. I agree, yes, it is best to forgive and yes it is in our self-interest so to do. But so often we do not. I like thinking things through, and questions demand answers, so the poem is thought provoking. I think the first line of the poem cld be the subject of many hours of conversation, debate, argument.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Words that are true. It is so hard to forgive at times. But we should because we are always forgiven. Nicely written and very well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A very good and thoughtful write on how very important forgiveness truly is! Thank you for the read! God bless you & yours with peace & safety!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Sometimes it's when we decide not to write a poem that it comes out as poetry. This is a poem, and a one full of emotional impact at that. Granted, it does not take on poetic form, but it has the spirit of a poem, and that is the most important element. I enjoyed it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


to the point and very well stated...of course there is such a thing as 2nd chance and 3rd and so on...we are human, we make mistakes, the best we can do is try to be good people....when we fail, acknowledge we are wrong and try to do better...
forgiving is a good thing to do, but not always easy if the person who needs forgiving is caught in a pattern of repeating the same transgression over and over....if they dont make an effort then it can make the person wronged feel jaded and lose hope in the good in others...

very good writing J.R....
keep it up...your doing great!:)



Posted 14 Years Ago


i like this.

there were a few spelling errors and some words should have been worded slightly differently, but i understand this was probably written just so the point comes across. and it does.

overall this is good, but if you are to persuade others, you need something more compelling. it missed that "it" factor for that. but you definitely have great potential.
good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


What an exquisite poem! I really mean that! It was so emotional! Now that I think about it, a lot of your writing is emotional and full of wonderful, true feelings! That's one of the reasons why I love your writing! Anyways, wonderful poem! It was awesome! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2009

Author

J.R Schlievert
J.R Schlievert

Queen Creak, AZ



About
If a fun loving person! Need help with anything just give me a message and I promise that I will get to you! Im a big guy at 65 (AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! THAT RHYMED!) and I love people! And what ever they .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..