Turquoise Dreams

Turquoise Dreams

A Story by Jaweena...Eileen Quintana
"

Dreaming....

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Turquoise dreams

 

splash

Opaque, blue to green

Semi translucencent

 

aaahh Cryptocrystalline


 

Abalone shells

 

glisten

Silvery white, purple and blues

Shimmering iridescent pink

 

Mother of pearl ear-shells



Obsidian blades

 

pierce

 

extrusive igneous rock 

lava cooled abruptly

 

creating volcanic glass

 

 

 

White Shell Woman

 

clothed in gems

Life giver and protector

Changing with the seasons

benevolent goddess, and creator


 

Changing Woman

 

ages to be re-born 

 

Personification of Earth

 

preeminate mother to all

 

Turquoise dreams fading...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2015 Jaweena...Eileen Quintana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your words bring life to the Earth, reminds us that she is alive. Gifts from the Earth should be cherished and respected, not torn from the ground in destructive ways. I see how the Earth naturally offers precious stones and metals, slowly over time, surfacing occasionally as gifts from Her. This is as it should be...such wisdom in this poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Just the color turquoise flows with such emotion for me.. it was a favorite color of my dear mother... Your words quickly filled me with the wondrous peace that glimmer and glisten in the shades of creation. Beautifully painted dreams..

Posted 12 Years Ago


your voice is clear Jaweena , your writing eloquent and speaks from the heart of one who knows the travesty greed has plagued upon our mother earth

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Native traditional teachings and philosophies are still relevant, wise and healthy! - indigenous people all over the earth have always listened, watched carefully their surroundings. They HAVE to.... many still practice subsistence living, living off the land, hunting, growing their own crops. By growing their own food - they are not dependent on mass markets and retail networks of the world. But they have been hardest hit by global warming since their crops, environment and animals are directly impacted.
They were the first to vocalize concerns of Global warming -read the documents recording Native American speeches from first contact. Our tribal leaders wittnessed the insatiable greed for land and natural resources hundreds of years ago and the catastrophic impact these values and morals would lead to. We need to act now if we want to continue drinking clean water, breathing clean air.
In many ways-our way of life was superior to what the settlers brought with them. We are aware of our surroundings and our belief system is still intact for those traditional. We have strong philosophies about kinship, family life, keeping healthy holistically (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual) if we do not allow drugs,
alcohol, gangs etc to rob us of living. We are survivors because of adapting.
( We should have set down tighter immigration laws and started taxing them for
rent and utilities- I'm laughing at my own joke!!)
I am saying this because we live in a society that often speaks and legislates from only one perspective. Marginalizing all others. My opinion... I have talked too long!


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nizhoni! I too, understand. This applies to all Humankind, yet greed blunts the senses.
Beautiful translation and writing, my Dear Friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very insightful Emma! here I was worried that this would not translate well. You understood.....I am doing my happy dance!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh how She gives us her bounties over time, one age from another to another - all so beautiful, so worthy of the long wait. Every chapter of history lays down a precious thought and sight for the future. But then, each gift is dug by Man for personal gain and not to wonder at. Reminds a thinker of an artist painting a ceiling for many years, day and night, night and day, then - then it being sprayed with methylene chloride ..

You remind us of Changing Woman .. and we need the reminders ..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1439 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2011
Last Updated on March 3, 2015
Tags: Gems, Native American, Deity

Author

Jaweena...Eileen Quintana
Jaweena...Eileen Quintana

UT



About
"Ya'at'eeh" means hello in the Navajo language. My name is Eileen Quintana....Jaweena was a name that my brother called me when I was a baby. I am learning how to write about my unique perspective.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Saxicolous Saxicolous

A Poem by OT