Dawn

Dawn

A Chapter by Jay

On a dim summer morning the rain marched upon the cobble laiden street as if going to war. The dreary nature of this morning wasn't reserved for the moist outside world, but resided within the levisay's household where a young soul had begun his untimely transition to the bridge between. He himself who was named Blythe Levisay is now a soul who holds his memories, his loves, his joy, his anger and his tears for he was struck down by Polio a savage disease which kills indiscriminately, but just as quickly as it removed him from this world he was tossed into the next. Blythe awoke upon silk laiden sheets with a man who bore a striking resemblance to the boy's father, but had a striking complexity one couldn't hope to match in a thousand lifetimes.

With kind eyes the man looked Blythe up and down as if he was inspecting him then with a bold tone he announced himself, "Hello Mr…." He looked upon a leather bound book and with his plush hands he scrolled through the text until he came upon a freshly imprinted name, "Ah Mr.Levisay, it's a pleasure to meet you i'm Aeolus, but you may call me...well you can just call me Aeolus". Blythe looked at Aeolus and felt lost and fraught with emotion, because moments before he was in bed surrounded by friends and family, but now he was here in a cold damp room with a stranger, his mind immediately went to the worst, but Aeolus put his mind to rest immediately after sensing his thoughts. "You are dead if I'm reading this correctly...yes hm…" he strokes the small patchy beard upon his chin and exclaims "Polio! You died of Polio"!

Blythe thought for a second after hearing what Aeolus had said and shook his head, "No! That's impossible, how can I be dead! I'm here, I can breathe, I can see…" Blythe began hyperventilating and shaking uncontrollably, seeing this Aeolus put his hand upon Bylthe hazelnut hair and cast upon him a relaxer to help him calm down. "Mr.Levisay calm down please I'm no threat and you really are dead, so I need you to listen to me" Aeolus spoke kind words to Blythe, but he heard none of them for he was still in shock. He mumbled to himself still in disbelief and in a shattered tone he said "I can't be dead, I was just with my mum and dad and Lily" Blythe went silent as he mentioned his deceased sister's name.

Aeolus put on a kind smile and put his hand onto Blythes as to say I'm right here and it'll all be okay but Blythe didn't buy it he hated this, no he didn't just hate this he was mortified by his death, he the one who got top marks, he the one girls flaunted over, he the one who treated everyone like trash. An awkward silence fell across the room as Blythe sat up in bed, he broke the silence with a timid tone, "so what happens now?" Aeolus looked Blythe in the eyes and said "That all depends on you, I could send you directly to judgement or we could walk on the bridge between and explore what has been, what is, and what could have been, but the choice is yours, but a word of caution if I send you judgement and they deem you unworthy they will send you down into the depths of hell and you will face unimaginable pain."

Blythe gulped and said in a worried tone "I choose the bridge between." Aeolus gave a wide grin and jumped up from his sitting position and with a snap of his finger Blythe was up and dressed in a fine silk robe. Blythe without having to say a word was dragged by Aeolus through a massive oak door bleached by the bright light ahead. Blythe shielded his eyes from the scorching light of the sun, he felt an utter emptiness beneath him, but when he looked he saw a small wooden bridge leading to his childhood home with a young boy and mother playing on a tire swing, they looked happy, he looked happy.


© 2021 Jay


Author's Note

Jay
Does it flow correctly

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on July 24, 2021
Last Updated on July 24, 2021


Author

Jay
Jay

Smithfield , VA



About
I'm an amateur writer from Virginia, who enjoys theorizing about the afterlife and what that entails. more..

Writing
Break Break

A Chapter by Jay


Dawn of Virtue Dawn of Virtue

A Book by Jay