Break

Break

A Chapter by Jay

Blythe walked upon the wooden bridge unsure of himself as he walked towards the scene before him. Each footstep felt like a million as he reached his former self, a young boy short in stature, looked up at the strange person before him making Blythe uneasy. Blythe hesitantly held out his wobbly hand towards the boy and the mother he saw, his mother slapped his hand that attempted to grasp her son and exclaimed, "Who are you and why have you touched my son?" Blythe couldn't understand what she meant, her son? He was her son, did she not recognize him, no of course she didn't, how could she, he was at least eight years older from the time of this memory.

Aeolus put his hand on Blythe's shoulder and said "It's best not to speak to memories son, it can be quite painful." Aeolus pulled Blythe behind a Boulder and snapped his fingers, restarting the memory and once again the boy and the mother were playing together when his father pulled up in his beat up Cabriolet, he knew this by the distinct smoky smell it emitted as it screeched to a dead stop. His father opened the door to his car and wobbled out with a bottle in hand, he took a long swig before walking over to his son and the mother. The mother looked at the boy's father with worry and said, "Tom why are you back so soon?" She had an empty smile on her face when she said that and the boy noticed. He had always hated his father and what he would do to his mother, but he was powerless against him.

The father slammed his fist into the mother's orbital bone making her collapse to the ground all the while the son watched, both of her sons. Blythe watched in horror as his father beat upon his mother and he clenched his fists, because now he wasn't a little kid anymore, he could deal with him. He stood up from behind the boulder and Aeolus watched, intrigued by what might happen. Blythe walked out and grabbed his father's fist before it could strike his mother again. Blythe couldn't form words as he looked his deranged father in the eyes, he couldn't move, he couldn't breathe, and he couldn't strike him. The father slammed the bottle into Blythe's head, but before the father began beating on him Aeolus snapped his fingers pausing the memory.

Blythe woke up in the same silk laided bed and he sat up. When he sat up he gripped his head in pain feeling the bandage that Aeolus had applied. Aeolus walked into the room with a tray and tea and he set it down upon the nightstand. Aeolus looked amused and concerned about Blythe and said "you could've died or rather you could've been sent to judgement for that, so be glad that I stepped in." Blythe scoffed at Aeolus and said "I could've beat him! You didn't have to help, I'm not a little kid!" Aeolus attempted to hand Blythe a cup of tea in which Blythe slapped it from his hands. The cup landed on the hardwood floor and Aeolus sighed, "If you don't listen to me and listen well I can't help you and you will never reach whatever nirvana you wished to come upon."

Blythe gritted his teeth and reluctantly nodded signifying submission. Aeolus put his gentle smile back on and lifted Blythe's face, so that they could meet eyes "I care for you as I've cared for everyone I've brought across the bridge between and in my millennia of doing so, I've never met someone who wished to harm there past memories" Aeolus spoke with humor in his voice as if he was amused, which angered Blythe more "Now when we return to that memory you will let it play and if you interrupt in anyway shape or form I will cast judgement upon you." He spoke boldly and coldy to Blythe and Blythe, afraid of what judgement awaited him nodded in agreement "I won't interfere again…"


© 2021 Jay


Author's Note

Jay
Does it flow properly

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on July 24, 2021
Last Updated on July 24, 2021


Author

Jay
Jay

Smithfield , VA



About
I'm an amateur writer from Virginia, who enjoys theorizing about the afterlife and what that entails. more..

Writing
Dawn Dawn

A Chapter by Jay


Dawn of Virtue Dawn of Virtue

A Book by Jay