Sticks and Stones

Sticks and Stones

A Poem by Jaycee
"

The message from this should be clear. Be nice to people, you never know what they could be going through.

"
Sticks and Stones

Sicks and stones may break my bones, but words can shatter my very being.

They always tell you that words don't hurt, and you'd think by now that they'd know this to be false. In more ways than one, words actually hurt more.

Words burn into your brain, in the back of your mind, an ever present blimp that reminds you of all your faults. When you hear things repeated to you, after a while you start believing it. And you can never quite get it out of your head.

You remember all of those people who did you wrong and you want them, for once in their lives, to break. When you get older you want them to break, not by sticks or by stones, but by your own, silver-coated tongue, because after enduring so much- it gets to you and you need to watch them squirm at your words. You need to see them crumble into the dust that you once were, because maybe then they'll understand why you were the odd one, maybe then they'll see just how much you hurt.

Maybe then, the next time you see your ex-tormentor you can say, "Sticks and stones never broke my bones, but your words-they killed my soul." And maybe then they'll see. Maybe then they'll have a regret.

Maybe then.

© 2011 Jaycee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

.....Powerful and wonderful read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice write...good job

Posted 12 Years Ago


A wonderful poem. Nicely written and very true. I loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011
Tags: sticks and stones

Author

Jaycee
Jaycee

MI



About
A high schooler currently searching for a better future. =) more..

Writing
Scream Scream

A Poem by Jaycee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry


For you. For you.

A Poem by QC