Jett

Jett

A Chapter by J.D

I heard a story that my family used to be the original royal family. I knew it was true. I could tell by the original families judging me everytime I had to say something. Share an opinion, maybe.


      The thing with the original families is that I became friends with most of the children. The younger generation. I am a generally well-liked person. At least, with the kids who don’t know my family. I am a descendant to the crown. I would be standing in the castle right now, maybe hugging a friend. There’s a chance, that I, Jett Drone, would be hugging the one person, or child, I can’t crack.


 That child is my roommate, Summer M. Young. She never told me what the M stood for. She never told me. In my school, it’s a special highschool, you have a roommate for five years. It never changes unless the worst happens. Luckily for me, that hasn’t happened.


  Roommates are chosen based off last names. I changed my last name. My original name, Drone, was changed to Jones. It was so people couldn;t notice if I wasn’t listening they couldn’t tell. Everyone here can’t leave. Their families can’t leave. You are bound to the place. You can’t leave. Only a few people can leave. The originals were it. They left without barriers pushing them back. Only royal families could do it. Even if people said otherwise.


   I could cross borders but, I didn’t want to. People would make a connection to the originals queen Victoria Drone. She, like many royals, had magic. The only time someone with magic isn’t a royal is when they are destined to be with a royal.

 Isn’t it good to know that Young has magic? I have magic, she has magic, and we were roommates. Friends we were not but, we helped each other with magic. It was our shared secret. It’s what caused us not to kill or threaten each other. We found out about each other the first day of school. Four years ago.


  “Am I sharing a dorm with you?” Young asked politely. Nicer than she talked afterwards.”I’m Summer Young, by the way!”


 I nodded. My body wasn’t fully awake when I got to the school. I had just boarded off the plane. Young had probably acknowledged this by now. I mean I just feel like I look tired.


 There’s probably a spell to fix that.


© 2018 J.D


Author's Note

J.D
this wwas rushed

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on October 12, 2018
Last Updated on December 20, 2018


Author

J.D
J.D

Writing
Summer Summer

A Chapter by J.D