The Nobody

The Nobody

A Poem by Robert Luna
"

Rambling thoughts forming a poem. I hope you enjoy

"
I am nobody
dreaming of being a somebody
but that sobriety comes at a price
that nobody is willing to pay
just putting holes in your happiness
and tasting the dirt
kicked in my face
while I am down
but don't ever count me out
I've been there too many times before

I am nobody
dreaming of being a somebody
There's just something cold and empty
behind their liar's smiles
passing judgments
hold knives ready for the final
kill
I am nobody
thinking of being a somebody
you are
from a perfect world
a world that cast me away
my heart left bleeding
like a tear stained photograph

I am numb
to my life
to all your cries
I am just
begging to be somebody else
walking in a crowd of dead faced
hypocrites
feeling dirty
oh how
I want to be pretty
just for a moment or two
but there's nothing in this world
that can save us from ourselves

I am somebody
dreaming of being nobody else
but me


Photobucket

© 2009 Robert Luna


Author's Note

Robert Luna
Rambling thoughts forming a poem. I hope you enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great work. The strange thing is how we as individuals can ever become anything other than nobodies dreaming of becoming somebodies. I think we can only do this with love in our lives. This gives a totally new dimension to existence, a reason to live. But I'm missing the point here. What I'm meaning to say is self belief can make you into the final stanza you suggest - just my thoughts are that self belief needs help sometimes from others. I seem to be rambling more than you say you do in your thoughts forming the poem - if that makes sense?
There's so much here that I have thought of myself at times. I can really relate to this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

We all share this feeling at times .you expess it well in poetic prose underling the emotions of feeling unworthy. But everyone of us is unique with something to offer.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"but that sobriety comes at price"

The clue to the meaning of this poem, for me, lies halfway through the second stanza, where the speaker changes "dreaming" of becoming a somebody to "thinking" of becoming a somebody....a slight variation that holds a major glimpse into his psyche....it is as if a small part of him feels he should become like "them", but yet he loathes the hipocritical judgmental nature of "them".

The switching of the word "dreaming" to "thinking" is the turning point in the poem, and the speaker decides that he is comfortable, after all, with who he is....or at least comfortable enough that he refuses to become one of "them".

"I am somebody
dreaming of being nobody else
but me"

Excellent write, as always, Robert :-)




Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

but don't ever count me out
I've been there too many times before

These two lines sum up my week............confronting many demons, many issues and i feel so this way
I am somebody, but grew up feeling nobody.
You get under the skin of me with this piece..........so emotional and vivid.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

we are our worst enemies.. love the pic.. powerful image to match powerful words. Another great truth from a deeply inked pen!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes I feel like my own worst enemy, other times my own best friend. I think the reason I can relate to this is because I'm changing, I think I have been changing for a long time. I'm on a journey to get where I need to be, and I know exactly where it is I need to be. When I was younger, I was on an even keel kind of thing but I outgrew that to and now here I am. Yes sometimes I feel I'm in this by myself but I know that isn't true. I have friends helping me along my way. :+)

The third stanza spoke the loudest to me. You did good, very good. :+)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

oh Robert, this piece is fantastic... it is so amazing... i LOVE the last lines...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I hated the picture, so I scrolled down quick.
I guess maybe we all feel like someone when are confident with who we think we are.
A good write


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

So profound. I resemble these remarks. LOL Somebody is relative I suppose. At least I keep telling myself that. LOL As always so well expressed. You wield such a powerful pen. Thank you for sharing your art with us.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You are somebody to me always.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Your rambling is absolutely breathtaking to bear witness too.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1786 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 1, 2008
Last Updated on January 16, 2009

Author

Robert Luna
Robert Luna

Somewhere between here and there



About
My name is Robert. I write therefore I feel I am. My words come from my heart, soul, and mind. I write what I feel and see, life is my inspiration. Life itself is art in its purest form. There is noth.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain