Chapter ~3~

Chapter ~3~

A Chapter by Jejungasm<3
"

(Aiden's POV)

"

I was sitting at the park across the street from the apartments. It was a good place to hide when you didn't want to be bothered. I've been sitting here for a few hours already, and I was soaked head to toe from the repeated down pour. It started raining an hour ago but I haven't even bothered moving from the bench I was sitting on. I sneeze and sighed. Just what I need.... To get fired from my job because my boss doesn't believe I have a cold. I looked at my watch and it read 4:20. Where does time go? I wonder if Hikari is okay? I really shouldn't have said what I did. She only wanted to know why I helped her last night. I'm such an a*****e. What guy would call a girl a s**t out of anger that wasn't even ment for her? I froze slightly. It was still raining, but I couldn't feel it.

 

"If you continue sitting there in the rain, you'll catch a cold."

 

I stood up and turned around. Hikari smiled and handed me an opened umbrella. I took it and held it over me.

 

"Have you been sitting over here since you left the cafe?"

 

I nodded slightly."I come here to think a lot and watch the kids play."

 

She laughed."And their parents haven't called the police on you?"

 

"I know their parents. Well their moms kind of treat me as one of their own. Look out for me."

 

"I see."

 

It was quiet for a few moments and I finally spoke. "Look, I want to apologize. I shouldn't have said what I did. It was uncalled for and I'm sorry."

 

She shoke her head."I'm the one that should apologize. I wasn't trying to make you mad... I just..."

 

I looked at her, confused. "It wasn't you that mad me mad. It was my own idiotic emotions getting the better of me. Not you."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes. I helped you because I wanted to okay. I have other reasons but I just can't bring myself to share them with anyone."

 

She just stood there frowning. She grabbed my hand, pulling me across the street to her apartment. She let go and opened the door. She stepped to the side and motion me to go inside and I did. It looked a lot like my apartment only, there was a black leather couch, white coffee table, a few plants, a flat screen tv, and a lot of pictures. She shut the door and went into the kitchen. I looked at the pictures above the couch. They were of her and her parents. She looked so happy in each one. I smiled and turned around as she came back in with a bowl with water and a rag in it.

 

Why do I suddenly feel hot but cold at the same time. I started shivering violently. She walked down the hall looking back to make sure I followed her. She walked into her room and I just stood in the doorway. She sat the bowl on the floor next to a futon. She looked her at me and smiled.

 

"Your only going to get sicker if you keep standing there in those clothes."

 

I nodded, getting ready to take my shirt off and stopped. "You meant for me to take my clothes off!?"

 

"Yeah... You can't keep wearing those. You'll just make things worse."

 

"But I can't take them off..."

 

"I'm not asking for you to take everything off," she laughed. "Just you shirt and pants."

 

I took my shirt off and hung it on the door. She looked at me and closed her eyes. She laughed and I couldn't help but laugh with her. We both were kind of acting childish. I took my pants off and hung them on the door as well. I walked over and laid down on the futon, pulling the blanket over me. I started to feel warm, but at the same time wanted to take the blanket off me.

 

"Why couldn't I be lying nearly naked, on my bed, in my own apartment?"

 

She opened her eyes and placed the rag in the bowl. "Because, by the looks of your kitchen, you haven't been to a store in a while and I have enough food for atleast a hundred people." she rung the water out of the rag and placed it on my forehead.

 

"But I have food over there..."

 

"Coco puffs don't count."

 

"Shows how much you know..." I stuck out my tongue. "They are Fruity pebbles."

 

She chuckled. "That's not the point Aiden."

 

"Then what is the point, Hikari?" I grinned.

 

"Your body needs the right nutrition when your sick, or you won't get better that quickly."

 

"Oh... Well, I knew that." I said, and started shaking terribly.

 

She grabbed something off of her desk and placed it under my tongue. It beeped and she took it out. She gasped. "Your temperature is 104..."

 

"Thats high.." I said, cold sweat sliding down my face.

 

She stood up and walked out of the room. I could hear her rummaging through her kitchen. She came back with a smaller bowl and a spoon. She sat back down beside me. "Sit up. I want you to eat this."  With much effort, I sat up and looked at the bowl. It looked like ice cream, but it was a bit soupy and was white. She scooped some from the bowl and held it in front of my mouth. "Open."

 

What was I, two? I opend my mouth over the spoon and closed it. She took the spoon and placed it back it the bowl. I grimanced. "What the hell is that crap? It taste nothing like ice cream at all!"

 

"I can't eat sweet things, so my mom makes ice cream from scratch without adding anything but ice and milk and some bananas when I want some flavor."

 

"Why can't you eat sweets?" I said, taking another bite of the ice cream.

 

"Your temperature should go down some," she said, avoiding my question. "You should get some rest."

 

She stood up once more and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her. I laid back down and closed my eyes. "Whatever the reason, that ice cream still tasted bad.

 

I woke up to the smelll of chicken. I got up and searched for my cloths, but didn't find them anywhere. I looked at my watched and nearly fell. "It's 10:00 am?" I looked out the window and seen the trash truck emptying the dumpster. "And it's thursday!? Where in the hell does the week go?" The door opened and I turned around.

 

"I heard you moiving around. The shower is free if you want to use it." Hikari said. She was wearing a black t-shirt that had multi-colored paint splatters on it and black jeans. She must have just got out of the shower because he hair was wet too.

 

I walked to the door and slid pass her. I went into the bathroom and shut the door. "Uh.."

 

"Your clothes are under the towel on the sink." she said from the other side of the door. I looked over at the sink, my clothes folded neatly under a towel and walked over to the tub and turned the shower on.

 

I walked out of the bathroom ten minutes later and went into the kitchen. There was a bowl of rice and a plate of chicken on the table. There was also a smaller bowl that had brown sauce in it. I seen a note that lay next to some plastic chopsticks and it read: I went to pick up some tea. I want to see all this food gone when I get back. The sauce, if your wondering is tariyaki. It's for you to dip your chicken in. - Hikari.

 

"I am very capable of eating all this. She really needs to stop treating me like I'm two." I sat down and picked the chopsticks up. It took a while for me to get the hang of them, but I finished everything. "Man she's a good cook." I washed my dishes and went into the living room.

 

"Who in the hell are you?"

 

I looked over at a middle- aged woman standing in the doorway with wide eyes.



© 2011 Jejungasm<3


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on February 24, 2011
Last Updated on February 24, 2011


Author

Jejungasm<3
Jejungasm<3

Akron, OH



About
I dont care what people think of me. I am me and no one can change that. Im loud, random, kind, caring, funny but say shiz about me and my family, it will change. Im quite content with who i am right.. more..

Writing