Letter To Me

Letter To Me

A Story by Kat
"

A letter to myself at 14. Inspired by the song "Letter To Me" by Brad Paisley.

"

Dear Me,

I know this will come as a huge shock to you, but this is actually a letter from the future you. Don't freak out too much. Now, I know that you hate that your first experience dating a guy went extremely badly. He was an a*****e, but you have to let it pass. S**t happens. Yes, he screwed up your self-esteem, but you can't let him affect you so much. Don't wish you'd never gone out with him though. It was a way to show you that you really shouldn't date drug dealers. You already knew that, of course, but it was the first guy ever interested in you. I think that's why you liked him so much, before he flipped into such an awful person. I know for the next six years you will never really be interested in any guys, and I also know that it's mostly because you're afraid of being hurt. Just wait though; everything that happens in your life happens for a reason. You used to live by that, follow it again. Trust me, there are some hurtful things that happen throughout your high school years but when you look back at it, you won't change it. Well, there may be things you want to change, like the loss of friends, but when you really think about it, it's best you don't change them. Actually, change one thing: get your G1 before you're nineteen. It will be useful one day, trust me on that. Work really hard in French class, and keep up with writing, in both languages. Keep playing your sports. Hockey and lacrosse are very important in your life, and it pays off in one way or another. Nothing I really need to say to you anymore. I mostly just wanted to tell you to get passed everything with your ex, because you don't need that to push on your mind. You have enough going on anyways throughout the next few years. See you in the mirror in 6 years.

Sincerely,

Yourself.

© 2015 Kat


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
747
Indeed, the things we wish we could go back and tell ourselves...

What is G1? I tried to look it up but got a great variety of results.

We often get hung up on what we've been through, not allowing ourselves to be open to what we will go through. But the best thing we can to is to let go, like the old saying goes; "Forgive, but never forget." Your journal/letter shows the struggle between holding on & letting go and the acceptance of what will be/has become quite well. Great job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kat

8 Years Ago

A G1 is like your learners permit. That's just what it's called where I live :) and thank you for re.. read more
747

8 Years Ago

Thank you for clarifying. And you are welcome for the review =)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 29, 2015
Last Updated on April 29, 2015
Tags: letter, song, fourteen

Author

Kat
Kat

Canada



About
I'm 19, love reading and writing. I have had writers block for so long and just recently was able to write new pieces of work. I'm Canadian and super into sports! more..

Writing
Dear Bully Dear Bully

A Story by Kat


Tormentors Tormentors

A Story by Kat