Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Jennifer.

 

The rugged, matted dark fur was standing on end in a threatening manner. The sleek, slender body was arched in a way suggesting it was prepared and eager to attack, and the barred, grisly looking teeth made its purpose all the more clear to me. I tried to command my quaking legs to back away from the beast, but my attempts were futile. It had the advantage point, being on the ledge of a rock and standing a good deal higher than my already petite form. I had no chance whatsoever in running away into the night. The strong, lean legs would be after me and on me in a matter of seconds, and I would be done for.
            But despite all of the ferocious, frightening characteristics that sent my heart beat strumming faster with every breath I gasped for, none were as intense as the eyes. They were two magnificent pools of liquid gold, with two tiny pits of black sky, the moon reflecting itself in each like a mirror. I stayed locked on these eyes for only just a few moments, unaware of my ragged breathing and trembling body.
            At that moment, the beautiful monster leaned itself back against its powerful hind legs and lifted its proud white chest to its king above, letting out a soulful, hungry bay to the moon.
            With that, my legs gave out from underneath me, leaving me surrounded by the knee high dark grass of the meadow all around me. The beast saw its victim had fallen, and knew the victory would be easily won. Without a second to spare, it sprang gracefully into the cold night air soaring straight towards me, elongated like it was diving into a lake.
            And I couldn’t bring myself to my feet.
            And I couldn’t move.
            All I could do was sit and wait for the charging wolf to make my fate…


© 2009 Jennifer.


Author's Note

Jennifer.
if i get enough comments here i'll post more of the story. this is what i'm trying to get published right now.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
Omg! That's amazing. I love it. I love the last three lines, especially, and the way the wolf is described in the beginning

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm interested, intrigued, drawn in... however you'd like to put it.
Please write more? :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2009
Last Updated on October 14, 2009


Author

Jennifer.
Jennifer.

PA



About
I am 18-years-old and have been writing stories ever since I learned how to form sentences together in Kindergarten. It has been my dream to write and be a published author ever since then, and it's .. more..

Writing
Poison Poison

A Poem by Jennifer.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..