Prologue- Going Under

Prologue- Going Under

A Chapter by Jennifer.

I felt cold.  Not just cold on my skin and face, but cold on my bones, in my blood.  Like I was freezing over into a block of ice.

            I was dying.

            Had I ever died before in my dreams or visions?  No, I didn’t think so.  I never experienced anything like this feeling before, and I did not like it.

            There was a humming sound surrounding me, and it was pierced by a sharp ringing sound, like an alarm.  I tried to call out for help, screaming for anyone who would come rescue me.  My skin felt like it was crawling off my bones, racing as far away from my rotting corpse as was possible.

            There was a sudden screech and my body tightened.

            It was dark, and I felt as if the frigidly cold water was all around me, sloshing up beside my bare skin.  When I realized where I was, I started thrashing against the brutal waves encircling me, attempting to swim towards the shore…but which way even was the shore?  Looking upwards into the boundless stretch of midnight blue sky, I could just make out a few delicate dustings of glittering stars overhead, as well as a large, round glowing orange fireball, which I presumed was the moon.

            Suddenly, a pair of icy, skeletal like hands"more raw and stinging than the water currently engulfing me"wrapped themselves tightly around my forearms, plummeted my body under the blanket of black, numbing, glistening death again and again.  With each violent dunk came the sensation of a life flooding free of me.  At once, at least seven more frail yet biting hands locked themselves around each part of my body, helping contribute to pull me repeatedly under the murderous waves.  The abnormally cold water rushed up my nostrils, in through my gasping mouth, through my esophagus, and into my lungs, filling them like ice chambers. 

I was choking on the water, swallowing it against my will.  The pain was even more prominent around my forearms than before, as if the hands’ grips were becoming more and more titan-like with excruciating force.  Dagger-like nails were digging themselves into my frail flesh, tearing open the skin so blood was dripping out into the water around me.

I was dying.

Without warning, there was another ear piercing shriek, and the merciless hands moved from my forearms to my neck, strangling the little air left which attempted to make its way to my quickly dissipating brain.  I was tugged forcefully around, facing the opposite direction"facing two blood red, crimson irises, inches away from my own.

The look flooding each eye was unmistakable; malevolent, thirsty, deadlier and more hopeless than night.  Before my eyes closed permanently, the last observation I made was that the killing eyes before me were perfect replicas of the large, blood thirsty moon in the sky.

At the sound of one last petrifying, blood lusting screech, my heart stopped. Everything shut down. Nothing hurt.  And I allowed myself to slowly drift under.



© 2010 Jennifer.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like my kind of story. =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Woah! So intense.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 21, 2010
Last Updated on July 21, 2010


Author

Jennifer.
Jennifer.

PA



About
I am 18-years-old and have been writing stories ever since I learned how to form sentences together in Kindergarten. It has been my dream to write and be a published author ever since then, and it's .. more..

Writing
Poison Poison

A Poem by Jennifer.