Drownin in blood chapte three of SID

Drownin in blood chapte three of SID

A Chapter by Kat

Niko                 


As days turns into more days, Emika’s death still rattled the in the newspapers and on talk shows about what we can do to help people who we think are suicidal. None of it really hurt me, I was more just surprised, I thought she had finally gotten used to the way things were with her real mum. She had nothing else going wrong. I guess I can’t really blame her, though, if I had lost my two autistic siblings like she had, I probably wouldn’t haven’t been able to tolerate a life like hers either, with the adoptive parents and school and all. Still, I couldn’t help but wonder if the text I had sent her was the reason why, like she had wanted me instead of Ari, which was weird because even when we were cheating on Kai and Ari she had always said no strings attached. Hey, don’t look at me like that, it was only a one time . . . two time . . . four time thing. I love Kai, and no one else, and of anything, I wish I hadn’t done it. I would walk through fire just to see her face. She’s my girl, not Emika.

 

I had gone to see Ari the day after the funeral, he wasn’t responding so they called the hospital and the doctors said he was catatonic, so I went home and checked on Kai.

 

I picked up my phone and scrolled through my contacts, ready to click on Kai’s name and send her a text. Instead I found something really weird. First off, before I tell you anything, let me just check with you. Phones aren’t supposed to, uh, change contact names on their own right? Well, that’s exactly what my phone did, scrolling through my contacts, Kai’s name was changed to MURDERER!! And Emika’s name was changed to, Death Girl. I clicked into Kai’s messages, but everything was as I’d left it, so I clicked into Death Girl, and my phone was spammed with messages that I never got any notifications for. I read through them.

 

Death Girl: I’m not dead.

Death Girl: I am coming.

Death Girl: YOU. WILL. DIE.

 

The temperature in the room dropped to at least negative fifteen degrees. Feeling freaked out I changed the names back and deleted Death Girl. I switched into Kai’s contact and sent her a message to calm myself down. It didn’t work. The message didn’t go through. Instead, my phones battery died, even though I had it charged to eighty percent.

The light in my room died so suddenly I almost jumped out of my soul. The window opened slowly and two icy blue and purple hands peeked over the top of the window sill. Slowly, slowly, the hands grew into arms, and then a head raised itself. It had long red hair and dead but beautifully alive blue eyes. A smile stretched across the things face.

 

Then I got scared. I jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs of my house. My parents were taking a vacation in Bali so they were not coming home any time soon. I could hear frantic cold feet right behind me, slapping against the floor. I screamed and turned around but there was nothing there. A ran to the kitchen and grabbed a knife from the draw.

It looked so much like Emika. What the hell was it?! Being the dumb s**t I am I screamed out, “WHO ARE YOU? SHOW YOURSELF! IM HEAVILY ARMED!” the only response I got was cold breath on my neck. Heavy breathing echoed down the stairs. Gleeful laughing sounded of the walls. Little kids running around and then screaming in terror. The ambience of crying and screaming got louder and louder and louder. Then Emika’s voice screamed my name so loud my ears actually bled. A waterfall of what looked and smelt like blood crashed down the stairs and right into my face. I was drowning. The creature (did I mention this thing is NUDE?) swam up to me and muttered something. I couldn’t hear it. I was too busy drowning in blood. The creature grabbed my hand and said, “No strings attached Niko.”

Emika? What the hell was she doing? She’s dead! She’s supposed to be dead, we saw the autopsy reports!

“No! No, you’re dead! You’re dead!” I gurgled incoherently. I realised I had been able to hang onto the knife the whole time. Emiko grabbed my ankle and pulled me through the blood pool. I won’t be able to hold my breath for much longer. I’m going to drown if I don’t do something soon.

 

Thrashing won’t do any good. Neither will yelling, I’ll just waste my energy, then I’ll die anyway. A light bulb flashed on my mind. I wrenched my foot back randomly, intending to kick her in the face then swim for safety and find a better plan, somewhere where I can breathe. But instead of my master plan working out and me getting to safety, she just wrenched the knife from my hands and said something that sounded like a spell. I tried reaching for her but I couldn’t move my hands. I thrashed, but I did me no good, like I had said before, it wasted my energy and left me unable to do anything as she dragged me away into whatever dark thing was approaching us.

 

She threw me towards the big black portal-looking thing and I blacked out. I had random dreams of Emiko speaking to a tall black man called Death. She was watching Kai fold her washing in tears. Then she was laughing at the black man in an Italian suit. He said nothing.

 

Gasping for air I woke up in a completely never ending whit space. Emika was standing in front of a whisky purple board, like a computer in a desk, and just like my dream she was watching Kai in tears, folding up Emika’s clothes out of her bedroom because her parents were too upset to do it themselves. Emile realised I was awake and motioned me over.

 

“Am I dead?” I asked her, confusing creeping into my voice. I expected her to say no, then wake up from this horrible nightmares with dead friends and blue, lookalike, creepy-a*s girls in the nude. But she simply looked over to me and said “yes. You are dead Niko. The girl you saw was my . . . imitation, was it Death?” she motioned over to him to speak and he nodded. Was he not allowed to speak? “Emika, what exactly are you running here? Who is this guy? Why do you call him Death?” O-ookaay, I do this thing where I ramble when I’m confused or scared. And huh you know, I was just told that I was dead.

“Because he is, literally, death. He controls who lives and who dies and, like me, who gets revenge. You could say he’s a God. Because, he is. Niko, I brought you here first because I thought you wouldn’t understand. So I have Death standing by here so, just in case when I explain things to you, you try to run. Death, can you put a change, um . . . over there, far from the desk in front of me. Disarm whatever can be used as a weapon or means of escape.” Death grumbled something under his breath. “What was that?” Emiko asked with as evil sneer spread across her face. “Nothing my . . . “then he grumbled some more. “My . . . ? Come one now, you can say it, go on.”

“My Queen. Nothing my Queen.” He said the word queen like it was her name. I immediately sympathised with him. I bet he was actually a decent pers-god.

“Emika. Elaborate. Now.” I said.

Emiko told me everything. From her mother’s secret meth lab and her abusive step farther, to the details of John’s death and her sibling’s.

“So, you want me to help you, what? Murder my girlfriend because you think your step farther said she help kill your siblings?” hold on, I needed to think rationally. If I pretend to help her, all the way through this mess, I can maybe get Death to turn against her and save my friends as well as Kai. I nodded along as she explained her point of view and tried to sound as genuine as possible. God she w’s so delusional. She thinks if she kills all of our friends that she’ll be able to drive Kai insane and she’ll kill herself to get away from it. It took all my strength not t just strangle her right there, and I’m not sure that Death would want to stop her.

 

Kai told me that she would wait another week before she killed Kyran, then two weeks before she killed Ari. She explained that she wanted to make Kai hurt, so much more then she had.

 

“You know, I thought you would be the hardest to persuade, why are you not, uh, you know trying to kill me?” Be careful what you wish for crazy.

“Well, I guess it makes sense.”



“Thanks Niko, thanks.”







© 2019 Kat


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on May 23, 2019
Last Updated on May 23, 2019


Author

Kat
Kat

Australia



About
I love wiring, I'm bi, I am for LGTBQ+ I am a pretty deent human if you get to know me. I think. more..

Writing
Kingdom Kill Kingdom Kill

A Story by Kat


Dark Blood Dark Blood

A Story by Kat