When The Sunlight Hits A Window

When The Sunlight Hits A Window

A Poem by Jenny Davis


 

It's the time of day
when sunlight hits a window;
creating a stage for dust and shadow


Tiny particles, dancing
competing for space; and time in the spotlight


Everything's brighter
as if God hits a light switch;
inspecting His children's rooms


Wise eyes searching
wondering; why complex clutters simple


Then a cheese cloth cloud
wipes away the coruscation;
blocking out the new view


Gray hands, covering
thinking; "That's enough magic for today"

© 2008 Jenny Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is just gorgeous...only you could make dust particles seem magical. I love that time of day myself. You can see all the little things you don't normally see and the light has a special quality then too. Its like we're meant to have that time for reflection each day.

this definitely goes in my favorites :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A great subject for a write, and you pulled it off wonderfully! Great imagery. Nicely done!



Great Write.
Rayne

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful descriptive piece, those moments can be magical or just make you sneeze!

Everything's brighter
as if God hits a light switch;
inspecting His children's rooms


I loved the thought........as if He is indeed inspecting.........your words are just lovely and so indepth
over something we take for granted as the sun shines and then is clouded over..........

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Capturing the mundane and presenting it with a piercing wonder.

Excellent effort with your poem. I liked it very much.

Forest

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

what a great subject to write on. this poem reminded me of my first apartment. it was small and empty. all hardwood floors and huge windows for the sunlight to pour through. i used to sit inside patches of sunlight on the floor, just watching the beams of light and particles play. reading this made me feel that warmth and peace again. very nice. especially on such a gloomy winter day in Wisconsin.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Too much magic in one day, well, that would be too much. This is wonderful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh this paints an image for me, AND it brings out my own memories. I've saw the same dust particles dancing in sunlight and you've made magic with this ... "Tiny particles, dancing competing for space; and time in the spotlight," a lovely image but my favorite part is this: "Gray hands, covering thinking; "That's enough magic for today" ... because as quickly as the sunlight peeps an, just as quickly it goes away.

This truly lovely, Jenny and I enjoyed it this morning.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

like the imagery used to describe this part of the day, the word choice really lends itself to the visual imagery here.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Nice read, there is magic in it, so to speak. I like the theme.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

so odd that I find this piece of yours - when on Friday at work I told the others there were fairies dancing in the office - as the sunlight streamed through the window at just the right angle. You've taken the ordinary and made us see the extraordinary in the event with your words. And, yes - I think we can only have so much magic a day - else we'd become too used to it and forget to cherish it when we find it. an excellent piece.

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was beautiful. I like the idea of this piece and the way you wrote it as a witness to a miracle taking place right there in front of you. Talking about appreciating the small wonders that are to often over looked and missed. I think you have once again given us all something to think about and to wonder what other wondrous things are we missing and not taking noticed to. Hmmm I just wonder.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1075 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 1, 2008
Last Updated on March 2, 2008

Author

Jenny Davis
Jenny Davis

NY



About
Next Vent Radio poetry show: Sept. 12th, 9PM EST! Be there or be sorry you weren't...haha ;) Join Group Vent Radio Home Page Check out the show: Latest works that I have read and loved: IMM.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Rain


this kinda blue this kinda blue

A Poem by Rain