Chapter 4: The Coming

Chapter 4: The Coming

A Chapter by Jeremy Jefferies


Chapter 4: The Coming

After the public humiliation and death of the blacksmith, Jackson. The people of the settlement were utterly frightened. They couldn't believe that the rumors were true. Dante, Galileo, and Aristotle sat in their hut.

"Was it necessary?" Asked Dante.

"Completely!" Answered Galileo. "We must keep order or they might ruin our plan."

"Was the plan really worth another mans life?" Asked Dante once more.

"If they overthrow us, they will find the room." Aristotle said with a solemn tone. The room in the back of the cottage stunk of magic and potion. The smell wafted out into the room where the men were lounging.

"We don't have much time before they come." Said Dante with his eyes glazed over as if he was seeing more than what was in front of him. "The Grand Elders are on their way." He said with a hint of shock in his voice.

"Not already!" "They couldn't have found us this fast!" Aristotle exclaimed.

"Calm yourself My Love." "Dante, how much time do we have?" Galileo asked.

"A month..." Dante answered sound as if a rock had just smashed his inside up. All three men looked at each other with such disbelief. Of all things to go wrong now, the Elders made the top of the list.

Before the bombs, the three men were part of a coven. People with magical gifts all thrown together as a group. Each region had an overseeing set of Elders. There was, however, three Grand Elders. They governed over entire continents. Most covens and Elders alike, burned up in the fiery blaze that took the world only 25 years ago. But it seemed that two of their Grand Elders had survived.

"We need to act fast." Galileo said looking at his husband and brother. "If they see what we've done they will kill us."

"What if we took them on?" Asked Dante.

"You were merely a boy when you last met the Grand Elders." "You do not remember the vast power they possess." Aristotle said with cautious tone. "I've seen them do unimaginable things with wave of a hand."

"We don't have the power to take them on Dante." Galileo explained patting his brother on the back. "They would destroy us completely."

"What about the room." Asked Dante. "What if we succeed before they arrive."

"The magic it would take to power it completely is beyond the Elders themselves." Answered Aristotle. "Unless..."

"What?" Galileo asked his husband with an interested tone.

"This town stands on hollowed ground." Said Aristotle. "Is there any way to harness the magic from beneath us?"

"It was only attempted once, by my great grandfather." Said Galileo. "He created a spell to gather the magic into one." "Once he cast the spell, a red orb rose directly in front of him."

"So it worked?" Dante asked.

"He tried to grab it... A-and he exploded in a fiery blaze that consumed a everything within a mile radius." Galileo explained. "The Elders at the time were infuriated and were forced to cover it up."

All three men looked at each other. Hoping someone would speak up with an absolution. But nothing came to mind.

As the day continued, ideas came and went in each of their minds. They congregated once more after dusk trying to brainstorm ideas. Aristotle stood up.

"What if we tried your great grandfathers spell?" Said Aristotle looking at his husband and brother in law.

"And die?" Dante said with a slightly irritated tone.

"I could use my power to contain it." Aristotle explained. "Once we get the power out of the land, I could form a small shield around it."

"Trying to confine that much power, would drain your magic indefinitely!" Galileo said turning his head to face Aristotle. "It might even kill you."

"What if we made the elixir again." "And got the crystals." Asked Dante.

"We don't have the proper ingredients to make it and the crystals are utterly out of rea..." Galileo's face turned to joy. "Dante, you're a genius!"

"What?" Asked Aristotle.

"Dante can grow the ingredients for the potion, while I get the crystals!" Exclaimed Galileo.

"Where are you going to find quartz crystals after all this time, Galileo?" Asked Aristotle.

"The Coven House." He answered.


© 2016 Jeremy Jefferies


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on August 10, 2016
Last Updated on August 10, 2016


Author

Jeremy Jefferies
Jeremy Jefferies

New Freedom, PA



About
Hello! My name is Jeremy Jefferies. I live within the cosmos as we know it. My writing includes poems and post-apocalyptic short stories. I'm currently working on a small "book". And by "book", I mean.. more..

Writing