The Boy who never saw Life

The Boy who never saw Life

A Story by Jess
"

A boy who get abused

"

 

The Boy who never saw Life 
(Taken from Shel Silversteins poem, “The Messy Room”)
 
 
 
            There once was a boy named Ralph, he was eleven years old and a very intelligent boy. He lived with his father named Ronny because his mother died when he was seven. Ralph was a happy go lucky kid, who always smiled in public and school, even though behind doors, it was a whole different story…
            It all started out on December 12th when Ralph’s mother Lisa died of lung cancer. Ralph grew up not knowing his father, until he had to move in with him. It was either that or an adoption care. When he moved in he thought his father was the best thing ever. His father welcomed him into the house with a new freshly painted room with toys and posters hanging up of his favorite movies. His father told him that he was going to make up for all the years he missed without him. Ralph knew he would have the best life ever. The next day, his father woke him up with a pair of skis saying lets go! Ralph was so happy to see his new pair of skis; he hopped out of bed, got dressed and ran down the steps. His father was already waiting in the car to go to the snow slopes. Ralph got in the car and they drove off. He had the time of his life with his dad, his father taught him everything about skiing and Ralph loved every second of it. That night when they got home, his father cooked him his favorite dinner, hotdogs and noodles, they ate together and then both went to sleep.
            The next day, his father woke him up and told him to get ready for school. Ralph got ready and went downstairs to his father where he told him to just take the bus and that he didn’t feel like driving him. Ralph thought nothing of it and just walked to the bus stop. Ralph went to school and had a very good day, he told all his friends about his father and what he did over the weekend. Ralph then walked home. He came to his house were the door was locked. He knocked and knocked but there was no answer. Ralph got a little tired of knocking, so he sat on his porch chair, got out his homework and started working on it. An hour later he saw his father stumbling towards the door, Ralph got up to go in and his father opened the door, and said “go do the dishes or i'm not feeding you dinner tonight” Ralph agreed and started doing them. He asked his father what took him so long to answer the door, his father answered sternly “don’t worry about it!” so Ralph went on and did the rest of the dishes. He told his father he was done, and then asked what was for dinner. His father said “make something on your own.” Ralph got mad and said “you said you were going to make me dinner after the dishes!” his father got up and stormed to him, then slapped him across his face and said, “Don’t ever raise your voice towards me again!” Ralph tired up and ran up to his room where he fell asleep until the next morning.  
            That morning he went downstairs and saw his father sleeping on the sofa with a bottle in his hands. He walked over to wake his father up to take him to school, but as he walked closer to him, he saw that the bottle he had in his hand was alcohol. He knew this because he remembered in health class in the 5th grade that they said not to drink this until you were 21. He remembered all the things that his teacher said would happen to him if he did drink it, such as, throwing up, losing memory, and acting differently. He then looked around and saw he only had 10 minutes before he could get to school, he left his father sleep and rushed off to school. As he arrived to school, his teacher saw him dressed in the same clothes as yesterday, she quickly walked up to him and asked why he was late. He couldn’t tell her the real reason, so he stuttered his way to say that he overslept. The teacher could tell by his tone that he was lying, but she let him go.
 That night Ralph came home and said hi to his father. His father looked at him with the most angriest face and said “go the hell to bed” Ralph quickly walked to the kitchen, got a drink of water, and grabbed a pack of crackers. As he went to lay down, he started crying wondering what went wrong and what did he do. He then heard footsteps towards his door; he knew something bad was going to happen. He saw his dad standing at the door yelling at him asking him why he was crying. Ralph answered “nothing,” and his father walked over, picked him up by his throat, and threw him against the wall saying “I hate liars!” Ralph screamed until his dad stopped beating him. His dad finally stopped, and Ralph got up drowning in tears, and looked at his dad and asked why? His dad didn’t answer and just said “don’t say a word to anyone!” He then walked out, and Ralph went to sleep.
Ralph went on being beaten for months, going to school with the same clothes, because he didn’t have time to change because in his spare time he was either getting bruises, or getting called names by his father. Everyday Ralph woke up he found a bottle of alcohol next to his father, he never said a word. Until one day, the day Ralph wished for, for months, came. His dad came into his messy room, and started beating him. His father said “I’m finished with you” and as he was beating him Ralph just wished he would be dead so he wouldn’t have to go through this anymore. As his father kept hitting him harder and harder, Ralph layed on the floor helplessly, he cried and prayed for death. His father took one more hard strike at him and Ralph’s wish then came true.
After Ralph was lying dead on his floor, his father looked around and saw his workbooks were wedged in the window; his sweater’s been thrown on the floor. His scarf and one ski are beneath the TV, and his pants have been carelessly hung on the door, his books are all jammed inside the closet. This was the room, of an innocent child, who never saw his life.  

© 2008 Jess


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a strong story because of the message. I do recommend that you reread your writing though to correct some grammar and structure erros. For example, "It was either that or an adoption care." should probably read "It was either that or an adoption care [center]." Also, you should refer to his father as a person rather than a "thing" in the sentence "When he moved in he thought his father was the best thing ever." Again, I thought the message was strong, and I enjoyed reading your writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


that was a tear jerker.
awesome story

Posted 16 Years Ago


NOW JESSYYY!!!!
that was amazingg i really love it
its so sad
you gotta god imagination
did k girl help you?!

good job =)

Posted 16 Years Ago


THAT WAS REALLLY GOOD I LIKED HOW YOU ENED IT WITH THE QUOTE N WAT NOT....PLUS IT WAS A VERY TOUCHIN STORY...GOOD JOB JESS IM SURPRISE BY YOUR WORK!!!! AND ANOTHER THING PLEASE MAKE YOUR WRITING A TAD BIT BIGGER ITS TYPE HARD 2 READ MA DEAR!!! THX...

Posted 16 Years Ago


omg l realy like this story it made me cry and this one realy hit me these kinds of storys just make me cry and about the adoption thing it is not very bad not that i have a strong knowing of this i know that their are bad people we here about every day but there are so many people that have a bad name for that


justintime

aka justin

Posted 16 Years Ago


your story is freakin amazing dude! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2008
Last Updated on March 13, 2008

Author

Jess
Jess

Allentown, PA



Writing
Not My Time Not My Time

A Story by Jess


Why a Wasp? Why a Wasp?

A Story by Jess