Knowing

Knowing

A Poem by Pain Love & Skulls

How do you sleep at night

Knowing

Knowing what you have done

The pain you caused

The damage you did

The scars that will remain

How do you sleep at night

Peacefully, calmly, in comfort

While knowing what you have done

While I cannot sleep I lay there in pain

Cant catch my breath to save my life

Tears stream down my face like a waterfall

The pain was almost as bad as how bad you hurt me

I sit there and think

Think about how I will never fully recover from what you have done and said

 Think about how I always came back

For years

No matter what you said or did

I always came back

But never again

Never again will I come back to

And be your little play toy

I was a page in your book

You read me and never look back

But you don’t care

It doesn’t affect you

You don’t care that you used me, that I am done

And will never come back to you

I will never be hurt by you again

But you will never care you are emotionless

How do you sleep at night

Knowing

Knowing what you have done

The pain you caused

The damage you did

© 2010 Pain Love & Skulls


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is un-refrained which is fantastic.
"Never again will I come back to
And be your little play toy
I was a page in your book
You read me and never look back"
I'm quite sure people have said that to me before, and that I have said it to others also. So I understand both sides of the poem.
I really hurts, doesn't it?

Anyways this was an excellent poem.
Keep up the great work!

-Elissa :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sometime we learn to live with the pain. I wrote a poem. The prey in time will turn into the predator. Then we are as bad as the people who try to steal our hope and love. Better to learn and allow the experience to teach us to appreciate when good things will come. Poem is powerful. You ask very good questions. I like the poem. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


A wonderful poem there... the anguish and desperation have been portrayed so well... I loved the way you wrote it... using repetition and stress and it had a great impact on the poem! Its beautiful!

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is good..very powerful and full of emotions..

Posted 14 Years Ago


well written, i love it, very emotional but powerful. keep writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You've got an intriguing emotional premise here, I will say that. I do think this comes across as being a bit one dimensional and thin. You've got a lot of good language to make the pain clear, but we don't see much for the narrator's actions. I think you could do a lot with the story of the narrator in this and expand on that a bit. Other than that though, this was a solid piece that had good language, emotion, and tone. It's very relatable.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a sad and painfull piece to read, and I'm sure it was as well to write. You've done well capturing the pain you feel and the pain that a lot of people have felt before and will feel again.
There are some great images here and the word choice is well done.
Be careful with the tense throughout the piece and make sure what you're talking about is clearly written. If you're writing about lying there and thinking yesterday it is past tense, but if you're writing from the moment when you're sitting there writing it is present tense. There are a few other little gramatical errors, but, the piece is too well put together to tarry with little discrepancies.

Nice work, thank Taylor H for telling me to come and read your piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is beautiful and sad. :( Very nice!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is as beautiful as it is sad. Great write :)

--Jess:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This flowed nicely. Straight to the point. Raw emotion. If it is autobigraphical, I hope you are doing better.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow .. now this is full of emotions creatively written out.. full expression in a very disturbed mood! This I can definitely relate to with in reality with quite a few people in past.. P-A-S-T.. I am moving on and I hope you do too! In the me generation.. so many faces seem to be able to be heartless and move off pretty easy with no emotions.. guess that's just a sign of the times (but secretly I do hope it changes). Well done.. I loved it!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2128 Views
68 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on April 2, 2010
Last Updated on April 2, 2010

Author

Pain Love & Skulls
Pain Love & Skulls

Rocky Mount, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
My name is Jess Di Paula i love writing and everything to do with it. I started poetry when i was in 6th grade. I am now a freshman and years old. I love music, its my everything. I play piano:). I re.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Is Love Is

A Poem by JenLyn