Blood panda

Blood panda

A Story by Bonomec

The music blared in Marks ears as he walked past the local book store, and pulled his sweater closer to his body, and hoped it’d block out the bone chilling breeze. Maybe, if he played his music a little louder his troubles would melt away, and he’d wake up and everything would be some sort of college related nightmare.

A few months ago Mark strutted into Northeastern university because he believed it would be everything the movies made it out to be, but he soon realized he was dead wrong. The past few months had been a grueling trial of classes and tests, and he had failed almost every single one of them. Worst of all his parents knew how poorly he was doing, and were beyond pissed.

Smoothing his ears back against his fur the slim red panda’s mind raced for a solution and what he was going to tell his parents. He was stuck in the constant loop of fear, and trying to find out a way to get his grades up after failing every single mid-term when a cold, dense snowball slammed into the back of his head. The frigid slush soaked his fur and his cloths as the snow dripped down his towards his tail.

“Gonna come to the frat this weekend?! Oh, wait! You can’t since the brothers voted you too lame to be a part of us!” Anthony said as he high fived a muscular wolf. Mark took out an ear bud as he shivered, and turned to face the otter and wolf.
“If I wanted to be a part of the circle jerk on the first floor while sucking the president’s dick like his favorite little b*****s,” Mark said motioning towards them, “I guess I could still be in, but I actually have standards, so…” Anthony interrupted by jabbing a finger into Mark’s chest, “The f**k man! Don’t you ever talk about our, no wait, MY house and friends that way: ever. Unless you want your a*s kicked from here, and straight to your grave.”
“Whatever man,” Mark said as nonchalantly as possible, “I’m not trying to make too much trouble, just stating the truth,” he said, unable to keep a smirk off his muzzle. The otter frowned and jabbed Mark I the chest again, “If you don’t want any God damn trouble you better f****n' stay away from Greek Row. Imma tell MY brothers what you said! Better watch your a*s.” Anthony stormed off, and came so close to falling on his a*s when he slipped and stumbled over a patch of ice. Chuckling at Anthony’s clumsiness he went to walk away when the wolf said, “Sorry bout that man, I think you’re a cool guy, but I’m close to getting cut myself, and all the brothers have really accepted him as one of their own, so I gotta play along if I want to stay in. If you ever want out hang out shoot me a text.” Before Mark could respond he ran to catch up to Anthony, making sure to avoid the ice patch.
Shaking his head at the wolf’s two facedness Mark walked over to the book store and sat on a bench and lit up a cigarette.
The rush of nicotine felt good despite the acidic scent that puckered his nose. On the bright side the nicotine slowed his thoughts enough so he could push dealing with his parents to the back of his mind, but the little conflict with Anthony kept pushing its way forward and pissing him off more and more.
Flicking the butt of the cigarette to the ground Mark lit another one angrily. What right did Anthony have to treat people that way? Or better yet, why did people allow him treat them like s**t and still treat him like royalty? That’s probably what bothered him the most. Everyone expected the chubby, Mcfat-f**k to be an a*****e, so when he was, everyone laughed and praised him, but when Mark tried being just a little more cynical everyone asked, “What’s wrong? You’re kinda being an a*s today, it’s not cool.”
Finishing the second cigarette in record time a familiar scent overwhelmed the air's smoke stained scent. A familiar body hugged Mark from behind as an unseen, yet familiar hand removed his ear buds, “You looked like you needed a hug,” Danny said kissing him on the cheek, and took a seat next to Mark. “And you should quit smoking; it’s bad for you and makes you smell like a walking ash tray.” The coyote said nosing Mark’s neck, and inhaling the other man's smoke stained scent.
Mark looked around nervously And uneasily put his arm around his boyfriend. They had been dating for the past couple months, but PDA still made him a little uncomfortable. Looking up as his head rested on Mark’s shoulders Danny asked, “So what’s on your mind? You seemed extra irritated today.”
“Well, besides the bullshit with the frat, my parents found out about my grades,” he said as he leaned his head on top of Danny and got a weird look from a couple foxes walking by; Mark followed them till all he could see were their tails, and despite flicking his ears towards them the foxes voices disappeared into the wind. He kissed the coyote's forehead and tried not to be too paranoid about people looking at them.
Danny murred quietly and nuzzled Marks neck, trying to comfort him, “It was only a matter of time. Better now while there’s still time to salvage your grades than when finals roll around and it’s too late,” He said in a soft, soothing voice.
Mark looked off into the distance gloomily And replied, "I guess," half-heartedly with a shrug. He pulled his shivering girlfriend a little closer, trying to concentrate on her warmth instead of his grades. Trying to change to a happier topic Mark said, "Come on, let’s go inside and get some hot chocolate. It’s f****n’ cold out here, and I can feel you shivering too. We both need something to keep warm.” Looking up at Mark slyly Dani replied, “I’d rather go back to the dorms and have you keep me warm.” Mark smiled despite the gnawing thoughts, “After hot chocolate," Mark said.

It was late when he finally left Danny's room, but the thoughts of his parents and Anthony returned, and despite the cold he lit another cigarette and walked towards the snow covered park, and headed for the bridge where he first met Danny. Mark smiled and quickened his pace till the creek and bridge were in view. Simply stepping foot on the bridge made the day's troubles fade away.
Lost in the blissful memories, he heard a familiar, slurred voice off to the left and behind him. “Hey! I thought I told you I didn’t want to see you around here again!” Sighing Mark turned to face Anthony; in his haste he had forgotten the bridge was also a very short walk from the frat. “I’m just out for a walk. No need for trouble,” Mark protested as he rose his hands defensively.

Obviously very intoxicated Anthony approached with his fists already balled, “doesn’t matter what you were looking for cause it you found it,” Anthony swung at Mark as he ducked under and pushed Anthony away from him. Stumbling forward he went to steady himself on the wooden fence, but found no support as the fence snapped under the force of his weight and Anthony, and the fence fell down to the frozen creek.

Mark heard Anthony hit the ice, a muffled squish and a short, high pitch scream. Mark slowly made his way down to the creek, and saw Anthony’s body lying there with a beam from the fence protruding through his chest. Anthony gasped for air, and looked at Mark, pleading for help, but all Mark did was crouch inches above Anthony’s head, and smirk cynically.
Mark could see the life slowly fade from Anthony's eyes, the blood staining Anthony's fur as it flowed from mouth and the wound on his chest. A wide smile crossed Marks muzzle as the otter’s gasps stopped and all life faded from the scared, pain stricken eyes. Standing Mark inhaled deeply and walked away as a light snow started to fall, feeling more care free than when he first met Danny.

When he reached his room the thoughts of what just happened returned. He didn’t feel any regret; Anthony deserved what he got! He had no right to live with the way he treated people!

Then the memory of the satisfaction he got seeing the life leak from Anthony’s eyes was still powerful enough to make Mark chuckle gleefully, almost like a drunken fool! Not only that but the memories gave him a sense of thrill he hadn’t felt, well, ever. He wasn’t sure he was going to be able to sleep tonight with how excited he was knowing one of his major problems was now gone. Mark pulled out his phone and dialed Danny Hopefully he was up for some more late night fun.


© 2014 Bonomec


Author's Note

Bonomec
Tell me what you think! This is kind of a work in progress so this is a trial run of this story! I hope you enjoy and can offer tips on how to make it better :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
Added on August 3, 2014
Last Updated on August 3, 2014
Tags: Murder, furry, anthropomorphic, gay, short story

Author

Bonomec
Bonomec

Jacksonville , FL



About
I'm in the Navy, and loving it. I write stories with anthro characters. My rating is teen because of swear words, drinking and smoking, and alluding to sex(if you feel like I need to change it to matu.. more..

Writing