Tangents of a drunk

Tangents of a drunk

A Story by Bonomec
"

Niko tells his friend Jamie about life while very very drunk. There are 3 parts. This is part one.

"
“hey man what’s up? Another night of drinking?” Jamie asked sitting next to his friend.
Niko looked up from his nearly empty bottle and greeted his friend with a slight smirk, “Na man, just in search of a dear old friend,” the words slurred together as he lifted the bottle to look at the remaining contents.
Hooking his arm under Niko’s Jamie stood to help his very drunk friend stand, “Well, you’re not going to find your friend sitting here, getting drunker by the drink!”
Slumping back against the wall they were seated up against. “You mistake my anoklty..angologmy, analogy. The dear friend I’m in search for is the bottle of this very exquisite bottle of rum.”
Chuckling a little Jamie put his arm around his friend, “That doesn’t sound like a very promising friend.”
“Ain’t that life for ya,” The words came out almost as a growl.
A shocked and insulted look crossed Jamie’s face as he shot to his feet, fists clenched tightly, “what the hell do you mean by that?!”
Putting his hands up defensivly Niko explained, “My apologies friend. I wasn’t talking ‘bout you. I was referring to a tangent my very drunk mind shot off into.”
“Well, I would love an explanation!” Jamie said still sounding a little hurt.
Clearing his throat and trying to sound as sober as possible he began, “Weeeeeeell, the bottom of the bottle is like the end of any goal we have in life, and the liquor is the journey we go through to reach our goal. We start our journey and have to fight to get past the first few burning gulps, but eventually it gets easier to keep going. Whether it’s because things get easier or because knowing the end is closer with ever gulp or step I’ll never know, but all that matters is that it gets easier. There’s even times where something inside us tells us to stop a bigger part of us tells us to keep drinking.” Niko took a long swig, finishing the bottle, and then starred at the bottom longingly "and more times than not when we reach our long desired goal we realize it’s not as glorious as we thought. And that’s when we realize that is wasn’t the end that drove us and keeps us going but the experience and things we go through, both good and bad, that makes us want to go through another journey to reach another elci-eluskive, eluuusive dream. And like drinking when you wake up the next day with nothing more than a head ache and maybe a few regrets or unforgettable memories.” Niko lifted the bottle to his lips to take another drink, and when he realized it was empty he tossed it to the side.
Taking his seat back Jamie smiled a little, “ So it’s the paths we choose to our goals that make life living more so than accomplishing the goals?”
“Ah, the paths of life! Another tangent for another drink!” Niko said perking up a little.
Patting his friend on the back Jamie whispered, “and that it is my friend, and that it is.”

© 2014 Bonomec


Author's Note

Bonomec
Do say whatever you want! Rip it apart and tell me how bad it is and how I can improve! Please and thank you :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sailors philosophizing while pie-eyed--now, I've never heard of such a thing! Actually, I probably drank at least two swimming pools full of beer during my twenty years in Uncle Sam's yacht club. Did I discover any of life's elusive secrets while in that state of enlightenment? Uh, I don't remember.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 4, 2014
Last Updated on August 4, 2014
Tags: Drunk, deep thoughts, fun

Author

Bonomec
Bonomec

Jacksonville , FL



About
I'm in the Navy, and loving it. I write stories with anthro characters. My rating is teen because of swear words, drinking and smoking, and alluding to sex(if you feel like I need to change it to matu.. more..

Writing
Blood panda Blood panda

A Story by Bonomec





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5