Nephilim

Nephilim

A Chapter by JinxedRenegade

Varus pushed open the double doors, two white haired men sat in Crimson velvet chairs, the center one bigger than the two on the side. There was a strong smell of Iron in the air that almost weighed it down. The man in the smaller chair was sitting across it, with his back against one of the armrests and his legs draped over the other. He tried to stifle his laughter at the sight of his eviscrated brother.

"You find this funny, Julien?" Varus questioned through gritted teeth.

"Actually I do very. What happened to the big game you talked before leaving? What was that? Oh, something along the lines of "I'll return her to father strung up on a crucifix' was that it?" Julien had such a playfulness in his voice it made his brother even angrier.

The man in the center chair raised her hand up, stopping the bickering. Julien raised his glass of wine back to his lips.

"Why did you let her live" his voice was as serpentine as Julien's.

"Don't be fooled, Father. Estelle is the one who let him live" Julien took a sip to which Issac met him with a look of disdain.

"She said 'if we value our kin, send Nicola, he's the only one with a fighting chance."

Julien choked on his drink.

"Father you can't send Nicola he is a monster." Julien protested.

"Arn't we all?" Issac wasn't going to listen to Juliens pleading.

"What happened to your back?" Issac questioned, eyeing the jacket fragments that hung off.

Varus turned around to reveal his bare back with the bloody, carved wings.

"Julien get Nicola" Varus insisted

Isaac motioned to his son. Leaning foward his long white hair hung infront of his face.

"I should sick Nicola on you for letting it happen."

"I'll go get her" Julien proposed.

"I want her captured, not topped" Isaac hissed through the faint laughter coming from Varus.

"Do you have that little faith in me, father?" Though it was true, it still hurt Julien to hear

"No, but not when it comes to Estelle...... Bring me Nicola.. Call the Legion as well. "

"Father you cannot possibly-"

"The Legion too?" Varus questioned in shock.

"I've made up my mind"

Julien stormed out of the room.

"He needs to grow up" Varus muttered.

"I'll hear nothing from you, of all people. Leave my sights. The two of you are a stake in my chest" Issac laughed to himself. "Get it?" He muttered to which Varus sucked his teeth and rolled his eyes.

The doors swing open with a bang. A tall, board shouldered man walked inside. His hair was long and jet black, braided in some areas. Half his chest was bare due to the design of his attire, allowing his tattoo'd body to be displayed. His eyes were already a crimson red. There was blood in his eyes and he wasn't even out on the job yet.

"Ah Nicola, I have good news for you.. Remember Estelle?"

"The wraith of raven's wings? How could I forget a woman like that." His voice melted like butter into the air.

"You speak as if she were our own" Isaac purred.

Nicola shrugged.

"You know just as well as I do her situation"

"Do I get--" Issac cut Nicola off, already knowing the question.

"No. But keep her breathing, use any means to bring her to me."

"Any?"

"Any."

Nicola smiled wide, baring his fangs. With a swoop of his cape, he exited the room. He met Julien in the hallway. Though they didn't look at eachother, they exchanged words.

"Whatever you do to her I will do onto you" Julien didn't like the idea of Nicola going after Elle but he had no say in the matter.

"Don't threaten me with a good time" Nicola smirked before disappeared down the dimly lit hallway. In a fit of fustrated rage, Julien slammed his fist into the wall.

_________

Elle's eyes fluttered open. Her blinds were closed, but a beam of sunlight still found its way across her eyes. With a sleepy groan she pulled the covers over her head. She didn't want to wake up and face the day. Not only would another one of Zeus' men inevitably arrive, but now Nephilim would be up her a*s aswell.

I don't think I've been in this big of a jam in a few hundred years.

She threw the covers off, but stopped a moment to look at her ceiling.

Where am I supposed to go? Stay within the country? Relocate somewhere remote? She loved her house and didn't want to leave it, she spent her own hard earned money to buy it and spent even more refinishing it. She rolled out of bed and tossed on the first shirt she could find. It was an old The Misfits tee that she had gotten from a concert in 82. Grabbing an elastic from her bedside table, she managed to pull her thick, almost floor length hair into a messy bun. She made her way downstairs and opened the fridge, it was filled with things to eat. Elle had an appetite that rivaled most adult males. Pulling out eggs, onion, pepper, ham, and cheese, she proceeded to make herself an omelette. She filled a kettle up with water and tossed it into the stove next to her omelette pan. There was a knock at her door.

Turning the stove heat to low, making sure not to burn her breakfast while she stepped away, she made her way to her front door. Though when she opened it there was nobody there save a letter on the doormat. Grabbing it she scurried back inside. She tossed it on the marble island in the middle of the kitchen and went back to cooking.

When she was finished the smell of ham and peppers filled the house. The piercing sound of the boiled kettle rang out. Elle poured herself some tea and flipped her omelette onto a plate, then taking a seat at her dining table she turned the envelope in her hands. It was closed with the wax seal of the Nephilim organization. 
Elle's eyes opened in disbelief, how long had they known where she lived? She broke the seal and pulled out the letter. It read as such.

Dear Estelle,

I know what you're thinking, but don't worry. No one else knows where you live and I intend to keep it that way. If you're wondering how I found out, well I have my ways. You did a number on Varus and it was quite amusing to see. The wings were a nice touch by the way, but I digress. Issac has sent Nicola per your most idiotic request as well as The Legion. I encourage you to get out of the city, though you might be safe for a while, there's so many people I'm sure he can't pick up your scent in particular. I will try to help you from this end but I make no promises.

Julien

P.S I take it you intend to keep that mortal live, no? Well, Varus was able to persuade Nicola to nab you both. Maybe Varus has the hots for the guy, who knows. He seemed pretty adamant about it.

And just like that, her job became a lot harder. It was very easy for her to disappear. She's done is countless times, she knows she can rely on herself, she knows she can survive. But a mortal? Though after all, she couldn't just leave him to die after what happened last night. Elle finished her omelette and tea before returning upstairs to throw on pants.

She knocked on William's door, hoping he would answer. Nothing. 
She knocked again. This time harder. Nothing. So she did the next best thing and held his doorbell. After 30 second of the constent buzzing, a woman opened the door.

"Is William there?" Elle placed her hands in her jeans back pockets.

"who are you?" The girl had an attitude so big Elle could feel it.

"Is. Will. There?" Elle asked once more, putting her hand on the door, forcing it open further.

"Babe! Who this this b***h at the door?" The woman yelled back into the house.

Elle grabbed her by the face and pushed her aside.

"Will we need to talk now, pack your stuff you're leaving" Elle called up the stairs where the woman had before. William came rushing down the stairs, he wasn't excited to see her, but wasn't sad either.

"Elle what are you doing here? Wait what do you mean I'm leaving? Can't you see I was a little busy."

Elle's face turned a bright red when it hit her. The women who answered the door was only wearing a large white buttondown shirt, his undoubtedly. And he only wore his pajama pants. Elle hung her head and let her bangs cover her eyes.

"Just come nextdoor when you're done. We need to talk." Elle scurried out of the house like a frightened mouse before bowing in apology then disappearing down the front steps.

Elle felt bad afterwards, she could hear them arguing next door. She insisted Elle was sleeping with him when he couldn't explain who she was or why she just barged in their home.

Elle grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and proceeded upstairs to get ready, stripping from her casual attire.

She put on a black crop top, her pants were skin tight and shared the same shade of charcoal. She clipped on thigh gun holsters on each leg. Her katanas were placed in a new sheath that tightly conformed to her back, the straps made an X pattern across her chest. She pulled on knee legnth black combat boots and strapped them up. Then she went to her closet, pushing back all her hanging clothes she pushed against the false back wall to reveal a gun storage. She strung two ammo belts on her hips and put a pistol in both holsters. She then grabbed a folded dufflebag and opened it up on her bed. There in it she placed 3 long jackets, exactly like the one she wore last night. Two were a bit larger though. She tossed in the rest of her guns and ammo and zipped it up.

Grabbing her own jacket off her chair, she slipped it on and buttoned it. With one pull of the hair elastic her locks came falling down. She tossed the bag over her shoulder and made her way back downstairs. Elle dropped the bag on the couch and plopped down next to it, her doorbell rang and she sprang up to get it.

William was at her doorstep.



© 2015 JinxedRenegade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
Added on February 11, 2015
Last Updated on February 11, 2015