Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Johnny Westbrook

Chapter 1: Wanting Revenge

"Lady Ayanami" Turning around with a tired look on her face, Lady Ayanami watched as Ryu walked to her side and placed a short thin needle and a hot lava rock covered inside a white heat protection cloth next to her. "Your tired...aren't you?" "Ryu asked with concern. "I'll be fine, I'll get some rest after I'm done here." Grabbing the needle and opening the cloth, a lava rock glowed red and filled the area with a little bit of more warmth. Sliding the needle through the middle of the rock, she let it sit there for a moment as she took a quick yarn. Turning her head to look at Ryu, she saw Ryu leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. "Thanks for your help Ryu. You should go get some rest Ryu. I'll be done here soon." "That's alright Lady Ayanami...I'm just thinking." "About?" She asked as she finally pulled the warm needle out from of the lava rock as the needle now let off a bright red.

"I have my doubts that this is a trap by the dragoons from the dragon village. So that leaves me with only with one question in mind." "When are they going to strike?" Lady Ayanami guessed as she wondered if that was what he was thinking. "...Yeah." "Worried Ryu?" "I can't help but be. Me and my brother was the only two that survived the attack by the dragoons back at our old village ten years ago. If it wasn't for this village here, me and my brother still might be homeless." "So that's that you and your brother was arguing about outside earlier?" She asked as she took a brief look at Ryu, then turned back around and gently pocked Sin with the needle to release all the poison within each bruise. "Kind of...since that day, Amaru just wished for revenge on the dragon village. He will never trust a dragoon." "And you?" "...." "You wish for the same as your brother, don't you?" She asked as she pulled the needle out of Sin's bruise and squeezed out the green poison from the thorns in the forest.

"I...can't help but want revenge Lady Ayanami." "So if I left you here in the room with this man for a few minutes...would you kill him?" "..." Getting to her feet and taking a slow stretch to relax her muscles, she then turned towards the door and began walking. "Lady Aya..." "I'll be back, I' need a little bit of fresh air. Stay here until I get back." "But!" "That's an order." Walking out of the room and leaving Ryu inside, Lady Ayanami headed outside and looked up at the sky as she watched as lightning bugs flew by and herd crickets chirping. "It's almost evening." Looking at the houses throughout the village, she watch as most of the children went inside while the rest of them continued to play. "Stasha?" "Huh?" She looked down as a little girl called her by part of her first name. "Come play with me." The little girl asked as Stasha grew a smile on her face. "Rikku, now isn't time for you to get in the house? Your grandfather Taku be upset if you stayed out here late." "But I'm not sleepy."

"I'll tell you what...tomorrow we'll play, okay?" "Promise?" "I promise." Giving Stasha a hug and running towards her house, Stasha quickly turned her head as she herd a flock of ravens flying up and away into the sky. "They're here." She thought to herself, believing that someone was on the other side of the gates lurking inside the forest. Taking slow steps back inside the building without taking her eyes off the ravens, Stasha then turned and headed back into the where Sin and Ryu were. "Lady Aya..." "So you couldn't kill him...huh?" "Lady Ayanami, you know I don't attack a defenseless man." "Ryu...do me a favor." "What is it?" "Stop calling me Lady Ayanami. Call me Anistasha or Stasha for short." "Lady...I mean..." "Lady Ayanami is making me feel old." "I'm nothing but twenty, and you make me feel as if I'm forty." "Haha...sorry about that Lady...um...Stasha."

Walking over to Sin and seeing that the poisons have left his body, Stasha showed a slight smile as Sin made a grin while still unconscious. "His help would be great right about now." "Huh?" Stasha caught Ryu's attention as he turned his head and looked back at her. "Stasha?" "Ryu, go get your brother and meet me right out side." "...?" Staring at Stasha for a moment trying to figure out what was going on, Ryu then quickly left the room and searched for his older brother Amaru. Walking outside and seeing his Amaru laying on a hammock with the wind giving him a slight swing, Ryu pulled a Shu'ryu card from his pocket and flung it in the direction of his brother, trying to catch him off guard.

Quickly grabbing his sword and reflecting Ryu's card, Amaru opened his eyes and turned his head just to look at his younger brother with a smirk on his face and arms folded. Rolling over and getting out the hammock, both brothers approached one another with small smirks on their faces. "You thought you was gonna get me that time huh?" "I almost did." "Almost doesn't count." "Yeah yeah. Well anyways, Stasha wants us to get back to her." "Stasha!? Since when you call her by her first name?" "Since she told me to earlier." "Well, what she want with us?" "Think about it." Turning around and walking back to the infirmary away from Amaru, getting to the stairs he sat down waiting for Amaru to hurry and get to his destination.

Hearing footsteps behind him Ryu then herd a voice from within the infirmary. "What is he doing?" "Acting stupid." "Is he drunk?" "Naw...just stupid." Ryu replied as he turned his head and watched as Stasha came out from the building. "Hey I herd that." Amaru yelled as walked to his brother and Stasha at normal pase. "What is it Stasha? trouble with that...'dragon'?" Amaru asked as he placed his left hand on the hilt of his sword. "Your quick to draw your sword, aren't you Amaru?" "Heh." he chuckled with a slight smile. "Those who wishes war...receives death...remember that." Stasha strongly stated to Amaru as his smile slowly went away as she continued speaking. "But you just might get what you want later tonight Amaru." "Oh and whats that?" "Look over at the trees outside the northern gates." Huh?"

Turning his head and looking at the way the trees where moving, Amaru knew that something was different. "So they're here huh?" he asked while trying to hide his smile of excitement. Taking a deep breath and slowly shaking her head, Stasha turned around and began walking back into the infirmary. "You'll never learn Amaru." Getting back into the room where Sin laid, Stasha slightly turned her head and saw Ryu right behind her. "where's Amaru?" Stasha asked Ryu with concern. "Right outside on the steps." With silence in the air, Stasha looked back at Sin and slowly walked over to him and squatted down and looked at his emotionless face. "You wanna know when they're going to strike?" Stasha asked Ryu, believing that's the reason he followed her inside. "...yes." "Outside the gate is their stealth unit. I won't be surprised if they strike at midnight." Stasha answered his question. "What makes you think that?"

Placing her hand on the floor to keep her balance as she sat down she took a deep breath before the tried to explain anything to Ryu. "If it was their assassin unit, they would of killed him by now, no matter if we saw them do it or not. If it was the brute force unit, they would of came bursting through the gates by now. But this unit...they're hiding. Waiting for the right time to strike. Mainly when everyone has fallen asleep and they can easily get in and get out." "So were not going to let them get this guy I figure?" "The stealth unit won't just kill him, but they will do their best to take everyone in the village out as well for taking him in and giving him medical treatment." "Lady Ayanami, how do you know all of this." "Ryu...what did I tell you about...!" Stopping her words as Amaru walked in with a frown on his face, looking directly at Sin.

"...Dammit! This guy isn't even worth the trouble of all of this!" "I thought your wish was to get a chance to fight his kind?" "Oh trust me, I can't wait. What about you little brother? do you feel the excitement?" "I..." "That's enough!!" Stasha yelled with anger from Amaru's sick lust for battle. "Amaru, tonight...you stand guard outside protecting this infirmary." "Ha!! The hell I will!!" Amaru yelled and turned to leave out of the room. Feeling a hand on his right shoulder, Amaru turned his head just to get shoulder slammed into the wall. "Lady Ayanami!?" Amaru said as he was shocked to see Stasha that upset with him. Squinting her eyes at him though looks could kill, Amaru slowly raised his hands and nodded his head. "Alright...alright. But I still think that this is a set up of some sort Stasha." "And that's one of the reasons why I want you to guard this place."

Stasha quickly replied as she calmed down and let him off the wall. Nodding his head once again, Amaru turned back to the doorway and walked outside. As Amaru walked out the room, Stasha looked at Ryu as he tried to hold in his laughter, but let a quick chuckle escape from his mouth. "Shut up Ryu!!" Amaru yelled inside the building knowing that his brother was about to laugh at him. Looking at Ryu laughing, Stasha couldn't help but to laugh herself from what she just did to Amaru. "I guess I should go say sorry huh?" "Well, you did get pretty agressive." "I guess I'll go apoligise to him. Why don't you stay in here with that man for the rest of the night since your brother is protecting the outside." "Right." "Good, now get some rest while you can, about three more hours until midnight. So be ready." "Yes maim."

 

 



© 2008 Johnny Westbrook


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well there is certainly a lot of tension in the air and the scent of battle forthcoming lingers. I can't even imagine what you have up your sleeve for this but I sure what to find out. This is brilliant.

Let me know when more comes!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 17, 2008
Last Updated on February 20, 2008


Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing