Chapter One: Introductions

Chapter One: Introductions

A Chapter by Johnny Westbrook
"

This is about a young girl who is trying to change some things that have happened in her life and about a young boy who's trying to accomplish his goal.

"






CHAPTER ONE: Introductions

          Sitting at her desk and looking up at the ceiling as her long fiery red hair trails down towards the floor behind her, she slowly blinked her eyes as she went into her own little amazing world, trying to escape from boredom until class began.

          Ieva! The Legendary Hero” She said silently as she imagined herself with a bow and arrow in hand, fighting a giant black crow in the forest.

          “Ieva!” a voice said to get her attention but failed. “Ieva!” A young girl with short black hair yanked on Ieva’s, causing her to come back from her dream world and catch her balance.

          “Ah!” Ieva screamed as she caught her balance and looked at her friend with anger. “Sarah…” she said with a grunt. “why do you always do that?”

          “Why you never respond when I call out your name eh?” Sarah asked as she sat on Ieva’s desk. “You’re always in la la land eh? I swear…” she said as the sunlight shinned on her face, causing her to turn her sight away from Ieva. “you in your imaginary world, you can come up with books from what you come up with.”

          “Sarah” Ieva said softly.

          “Yea?”

          “Can you do me a favor?”

          “Sure! Anything, you just name it.”

          “Stop saying eh…” Ieva said as Sarah turned and looked at her with a evil squint. “It’s very annoying.”

          Sarah stayed silent for a moment, sighed, then opened her mouth slowly. “eh?”

          “Sarah!” Ieva shouted as her friend laughed.

          Taking a breath and turning her head towards the window, she glared into the sky as a plane disappeared into a round shaped cloud. Continuing to look out the window, Ieva slowly drifted more and more into a daydream until she got flicked by Sarah’s finger to the side of the head.

          “Gosh! You wasn’t even listening to what I was saying were you?” Sarah said with a pout. “Ieva!”

          “What?”

          “Look over there…” Sarah said quietly as she looked over at the classroom door to see a young boy standing there. “Who is that? A new student?”

          Not answering, Ieva stared at him as he slowly looked around the classroom classmates staring back at him. Listening to the classmates whispers amongst each other about the new boy, she stared at his spiky blue hair and blue and white uniform.

          “Who’s the new guy?” One of the girls in the classroom whispered to her friend.

          “I don’t know but he’s really cute.” The other girl answered as they both giggled.

          As he slowly took a step into the classroom, he suddenly stumbled a few steps as he was pushed from behind. “Move it short stuff!” A big fat bully from behind him shouted. “You’re in my way!”

          As the new kid caught his balance, he quickly turned around with a grin on his face.

          “Oh no…” Sarah whispered loud enough for Ieva to hear her. “Why does John always have to mess with everyone eh? Now the new kid? What did he ever do to him eh?”

          Nodding her head to let Sarah know that she was paying attention, Ieva wouldn’t take her eyes off the new kid. He gave her a weird feeling, but she didn’t know if it was a good one, or a bad one.

          “Awww” John softly said as he bent over a little bit down to the new kid’s level. “Is the new boy mad?” He asked as the new boy just stood there and slowly turned his attention away from John and towards the front of the classroom. “HEY I’M TALKING TO YOU!” John shouted as the new boy quickly turned his attention back to John the bully.

          “Leave me alone.” The new kid softly said and went to turn and walk away from John.

          Angry by the new kid not showing him any fear, John’s veins showed on his face as he then grabbed the new kid tightly by his right shoulder. “You little punk!” John shouted, “Do you know who I am!?”

          Calmly looking up at the giant John, the new kid yanked away from him and looked over towards Ieva as she sat straight upward as they made eye contact.

          “Hey squirt!” John yelled as everyone gasped. Maybe this will get your attention!” Swinging his big fat arm, the new kid turned around in time to see a giant fist rushing for his nose.

          Quickly stepping to the side to dodge the fist, John misses and stumbles over his two feet and falls over a empty desk that echoed throughout the classroom and hallway.

          “John!” A woman’s voice game from by the classroom door. “You, to the principal’s office, right now!” The lady demanded as she pointed outside the classroom.

          Getting up from the floor, John gave a growl and slowly walked over to the new kid. “This isn’t over squirt.” With the new kid not saying anything, John bumped him with his shoulder to make him take a step back and then left the classroom.

          “Sorry about that…” the lady said to the new kid with a smile as John walked out the room. “John is much of a handful as you can see.”

          “No apologies necessary maim.” The new kid replied. “Sorry I caused trouble in your classroom.”

          “Maim?” she said with shock. “Now you’re looking for trouble if you call me maim again, do I look like a grandmother to you?” She asked while placing her hands on her hips.

“No maim…” He said before he could catch his words.

The kids in the classroom laughed as she smirked and shook her head. Walking over towards him, he watched as her long black hair swayed back and forward behind her dark purple dress. Bending over towards him, she delivered him a smile. “I’m Mrs. Rose.” She said as he lowered his eyes away from hers, feeling a little uneasy from her appearance. “How about you go have a seat over there…” She pointed over towards Ieva as he followed the direction of her finger with his eyes. “I’m going to make sure Johnny boy made it to the principal’s office and I will be back to start class.”

Placing his attention back on her and giving her a nod, he watched as she smiled, turned, and exited the classroom. Taking a deep breath, the new boy turns around and notice Sarah and Ieva looking at him. Walking over towards them, he stopped at the desk to the right of her and pulled out the chair.

“Hey you...” Sarah said as he sat in his seat and placed his book bag on his lap. “That was pretty funny how you made John miss and fall to the ground.” Not commenting to what she said, the boy nodded and then reached into his pocket and pulled out a pair of headphones. “So what’s your na….” before Sarah could finish what she was asking, he put on his headphones, reached back into his pocket, and turned the music on.

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?” Sarah shouted as she hopped off of Ieva’s desk. “So your going to ignore me like Ieva does eh? Who do you think you are eh?”

“Sarah, stop it.” Ieva said with a slight chuckle.

“Oh so you think it’s funny eh?”

“Please stop say EH!” Ieva said as she rolled her eyes.

“Oh just shut up and just go back into your fantasy world.”

“I’m back class.” Mrs. Rose said with a cheer as the class looked over to her. “So with all the problems out of the way… good morning class”

“Good morning Mrs. Rose.” Most of her students replied.

Turning and seeing that his teacher was back in the classroom, the new boy stopped his music and placed his headphones back into his pocket.

Walking to the front of the class, Mrs. Rose sat in her desk and crossed her legs as she took a deep breath. “So as you’ve all seen, we have a new student in our class.” She paused for a moment as everyone looked to the back of the room where he sat next to Ieva. “How about you stand up and introduce yourself?” She suggested.

Standing up, he had the attention of the entire classroom. “Hello everyone, my name is Ken Chrono. It’s a pleasure to meet you all.” He said and then sat back on his seat.

“Oh he’s so polite.” Mrs. Rose said softly.

“Ha! Whatever…” Sarah said as she turned her attention away from him.

“What? You’re not going to say eh this time?”

Turning to her friend with her face changing to red, Sarah gave Ieva a mean look. “Shut…up.”




© 2011 Johnny Westbrook


Author's Note

Johnny Westbrook
Thanks for reading. I made this story to have some fun with and for kids can have something nice to read that will give them something good to do.

I was inspired by a good few anime's, mangas, and books that's helped me come up with this story. So I hope all you readers enjoy.

Also, I don't mind reviews that tell me about misspells and corrections, I like going back to my stories to consider what I can do to make it a better read and more enjoyable for all of you. I hope you all check out chapter two when it's posted.

Have fun, take care, and stay safe.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Honestly, I think I might be outside the target audience on this one, but still think that it's going to be a good piece. It has a good flow that doesn't lose the reader in any sort of overanalysis, and a good beginning to character development. Nice job.
I didn't scrutinize too much grammatically, but two things stood out to me from the get: in the first sentence, I believe that changing "trails" to "trailed" would better keep the flow; also, when the new kid calls Mrs. Rose "maim," is it due to an accent he speaks with or is it a misspelling of "ma'am" ?
~May you find the words...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"shinned" to shone :D

Anyway I don't really care for the grammar, unless you really want it pointed out. Or if you plan on publishing or whatever... Which I think you should haha! I had fun reading this first chapter, off to read the next one as well! I love how you've enjoyed writing this as well. It clearly shows :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey!
I really did like this, but I usually don't like this type of story, it was fun, lighthearted but not to silly/freaky that I didn't follow. Ha "eh" anyway I did like this and hope to read some other stuff from you :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

that was really good! gives you a good taste of the story line and Ken sounds so cool! I was super happy when he humiliated John like that! Can't wait for chapter 2!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Honestly, I think I might be outside the target audience on this one, but still think that it's going to be a good piece. It has a good flow that doesn't lose the reader in any sort of overanalysis, and a good beginning to character development. Nice job.
I didn't scrutinize too much grammatically, but two things stood out to me from the get: in the first sentence, I believe that changing "trails" to "trailed" would better keep the flow; also, when the new kid calls Mrs. Rose "maim," is it due to an accent he speaks with or is it a misspelling of "ma'am" ?
~May you find the words...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this story. I can't wait to see the other chapters :) Great story so far. I like how u explain the scene. It's amazing and you're a great story teller. :)


Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was nice! I really loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love it!! Waiting for the next chapter. I like the character development in this especially Sarah....she brings a sense of humor that I thoroughly enjoy. Keep em coming!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thank YOU for posting! I got started on "get us out Alive" and you haven't disappointed me yet!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this is superb! A refreshing read actually love :) I think you have built the scene well and it can only get more adventorous :) Excellent! xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

499 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2011
Last Updated on May 20, 2011


Author

Johnny Westbrook
Johnny Westbrook

IL



About
Hello, first and foremost, thank you for stopping by my page and taking interest in my work. My name is Johnny, also known as Static, (Jay Balor is my Pin name) I have a fur child name Matrix who love.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..