Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jodie
"

Her dream comes true!

"
I was in my Mum's eyes. For some reason, i was sure of it. i was driving the car down a dark highway. I was one of the only cars there. My thoughts went to memories of my Mum's friend's Wedding Party. Suddenly, bright flashlights appeared from around the corner. It was a lorry... on the wrong side of the road. i pushed down on the brake, but it was no use. The lorry came crashing into the car, shattering the windscreen. the glass fell on my with little prickles of pain. then everything went black... 
I woke up with a start, breathing hard. I sat up, covered in cold sweat. What just happened? I wiped the sweat from my brow and flopped back down onto my pillow. I rewound my dream in my head. Why was I in Mum's body? Why did it feel so real? I shook my worried thoughts from my mind and turned on my side. Closing my eyes once more, I fell into a dreamless sleep. 
~~~

I woke to sound of the doorbell. Groaning, I lifted myself out of bed and wiped the sleep dust from my eyes. I stumbled down the stairs and opened the front door. I jumped in surprise. Two police officers? Why were they here? 

"Are you Ms Hale?" The first one asked me. I nodded. 
"Yes, why are you here?" i asked, my nerves creeping up on me. 
"We'd like to speak to you and your Father." Just then, Dad came down the stairs, fresh from the shower. 
"Ah, Mr Hale, I assume?" The police officer asked. Dad's puzzled expression matched mine. 
"Yes, I am." 
"Could we come and sit down?" 
"Um, yes, of course. In here." 

We followed Dad into the Living room. I went and sat down next to him. The two police officers sat opposite us. 
"Last night, your wife, Mrs hale, was going to a Wedding party, is that not correct?" the first police officer asked. Dad's eyebrows furrowed. 
"Yes, it is. she was staying at a Hotel for the night." The police officer nodded. He stared at us sympathetically. 
"I'm so sorry, but Mrs Hale has been taken to hospital." Dad jumped up from his seat. 
"What do you mean?" He questioned. I swallowed hard, expecting the worse. 
"It was a car accident. Her car got hit by a lorry. We think the driver was drunk." 

I nearly fainted. Or cried out. My dream... it had come true. 
"I'm so sorry," The officer repeated, "She's dead, Mr Hale." 


© 2013 Jodie


Author's Note

Jodie

It's not my best writing, but it is 10 O'clock at night!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on July 29, 2013
Last Updated on July 29, 2013
Tags: future, fantasy, fiction, power.


Author

Jodie
Jodie

Rhos-On-Sea, Conwy , United Kingdom



About
So, as you probably already know, my name is Jodie. I live right by the sea and i have a long-haired, black and white chihuahua called Oreo. I love reading and writing. I'm already on two sites called.. more..

Writing
Powerful Minds Powerful Minds

A Book by Jodie


War War

A Poem by Jodie