Chapter 1: Back to Memory Lane

Chapter 1: Back to Memory Lane

A Chapter by Joey
"

Read the note for reviewers for the mini intro....

"
Ever since the accident that happened on Phoebe( Miranda's older sister), mum and dad has a strong dislike for me, to be in precise, an unspeakable hatred. There is a pain that no words can describe, a scar that lies beneath their skin, attaches to them for their whole life. They became cold towards Miranda, although staying in the same house. This is how the life of Miranda begins......
                                                    ********************************************

A year ago....

There is a mini concert taking place at River Heights about 12.00 am and Phil and Fred called me, inviting me to join them ( They bought tickets for me). I didn't know if I should go, well, Phil and Fred, both has a huge crush on me ever since high schools ( Now, we're in Uni), I don't know if I can handle them. So, I decided to ask my sister to tag along, just to make things less awkward. Actually, I was supposedly to be grounded the whole week, because I was caught kissing the pizza guy( next door neighbour) in the backyard. 

Honestly, he is hot, but it wasn't love, I just did it for fun. It happened so naturally when I was collecting the laundry clothes from the hanger and I tripped and fall on the ground. He happened to see me and jump over the fence and come to my rescue. He hold my hands and pulled me up with his buff body, and apparently he's just too strong so he pulled me near to his face instead. Our face were like cm's away and we have an eye contact for several seconds. He bend his body down a little to give a peck on my lips, and goes for a longer and wilder kiss. I didn't pulled away and about minutes after that, mum got out and shouted at him. "What do you think you're doing to her, you little rascal? said mum. He was scared and quickly over the fence and got back into his house.

I was young and immature at that time, I didn't figure out that I was being taken advantage of. I thought that I was attractive and it feels good when you caught guys staring at you. You have the feeling of being wanted by guys, despite they might be having only sexual feelings towards you. I asked Phoebe to join me in the mini concert. She refused to join at first, but agree to join in the end. Phil parked his car in front of our porch at around 11pm. Mum and Dad were in their room, probably sleeping now. Me and Phoebe crept out from our house quietly, not to wake our parents up.

Phil open the front passenger seat, asking me to sit in front. Phoebe giggles and said "no wonder you want me to join you". I hit her hand softly, and sit at the front passenger seat. 
The atmosphere was rather awkward as it was so quiet. Phil stopped at a traffic junction( cz its red light) and grabbed my hand. He held my hand to his chest and look at me in my eyes. " Will you be my girl, I promise you that as long as my heart is still beating, I will continue to love you". I didn't know how to respond to him as I didn't expect this to happen right now. In fact, I didn't know who I like more, Phil or Fred. Both of them are my best friends. Suddenly, there is a light shinning brightly from behind...its too bright and I can't see properly. The moment I know that bright light is actually the headlight of an oil tanker. The oil tanker didn't brake on time and crush his front engine at our car. The impact was so strong and my head knocked the car front window despite wearing safety belts. Airbags popped out from the car and i passed out.
 


© 2014 Joey


Author's Note

Joey
This story is about the journey of finding love forgetting about past and being loved. Going through hardships and overcoming them. And how a young girl find her light and continue her life after the death of her loved ones.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi. I have some suggestions for improving this piece. I am engaged with the introduction and think "There is a pain that no words can describe, a scar that lies beneath their skin, attaches to them for their whole life" is a beautiful line, but I am distracted by the lack of subject-verb agreement throughout. I would try reading this out loud, sometimes you can catch grammar mistakes better when you hear it than when you read, since you know in your mind, what you are intending to say. I also think the parenthetical statements are unnecessary, just weave them into your writing, without disrupting the sentence flow. I think you can further develop the crash scene as well. Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Added on March 12, 2014
Last Updated on April 16, 2014
Tags: Sisters# Concert# Confession# Ac


Author

Joey
Joey

Somewhere on Earth



About
A dreamer, loves to travel, enjoy doing things by herself, enjoy writing stories during leisure time. Feel free to drop by and comment on my writings. You may add me as a FRIEND here and I will keep y.. more..

Writing
First Job First Job

A Chapter by Joey


Hello Ms Ripley Hello Ms Ripley

A Book by Joey


First Impression First Impression

A Chapter by Joey