Chapter 2: Survivor's Pain

Chapter 2: Survivor's Pain

A Chapter by Joey
"

Miranda wakes up and realised her sister did not survive the car crash.

"
I opened my eyes and all i could see is a huge slump cotton perhaps cloud and I'm not sure. This place is such a beautiful place, just like heaven. As I walk, I saw Mrs Timber who waved at me cheerfully. As far as I remember, she was six feet under the ground due to heart attack last year and Mr Timber is so greatly affected that he couldn't walked out of his house for a year. 
At the corner of the room, there stood Phoebe, who smiled widely upon seeing me. She grab my hands and pulled me near to her. "Randa, you've gotta wake up. You don't belong here. I have never regret having you as my sister.Promise me that you will be good, live well and take care of our folks". She pushed me away after speaking and I passed out again.
I could hear voice speaking softly and I open my eyes slowly, hoping to see Phoebe again. As soon as I open up my eyes, I saw mum and dad almost near to tearing and hugging each other. Phil and Fred are here too waiting for me patiently with my folks. There is this feeling of loneliness though. But why do I feel in that way.
Just when i come to my senses, I keep on ask mum where is Phoebe. She didn't answer me and keep crying. I decided to ask around if they know whereabout Phoebe. "Hey, Ms Cara, I''m Miranda from room 152, level 2. Do you have any idea where is the girl who was admitted into the hospital with me? Her name is Phoebe Russell and she's my older sister".
"Phoebe Russell....okay.....ermm...madame, sorry to say but she did not survive the car crash. She died after being admitted to the hospital on the next day. You woke up 2 days later after her death'. The young woman fall on her knees after hearing me telling her that her sister did not survive the accident. I guess its too shocking for her to realise her sister's death.
I couldn't even stand, my legs are weak, and I kept crying in front of the information counter. Nurses and doctors walked by stare at me as they notice me crying but they didn't stop to console me. Its probably usual for them to see patients or visitors crying, weeping, tearing in a hospital.

I took the lift to go up to the rooftop. The cold wind gushing past my face and the strong breeze made my invincible wound hurt even more. "Why didn't I die with you Phoebe? Why make me suffer from all these guilt?I can't do this alone."

Tears are flowing down my cheeks like a string of pearls being pulled off. I lay on the floor of the rooftop and reminisce our memories of us together. I remember she once got scolding from Mom as she took the blame for breaking Mom's favourite flower vase. She is always protecting me no matter what happen. 

"She doesn't deserve this, at least she deserve to live more than me". I  pulled out the needle (IV drip) from my wrist. I went back to my room to get my wallet. I took a cab to get back home. He let me off in front of my house. My house's light were all switched on. 

There are several visitors outside my house despite at this late hour. I ran past the garden and head straight to the main door of the house. I hesitate for a while before pulling the door knob. Right on the middle of the living room where our white couches and large LCDs are, a perfectly carved white coffin was placed there.





© 2015 Joey


Author's Note

Joey
Please comment after reading. Frankly speaking, I have a strong feeling while writing this chapter. Both good and bad comments are warmly welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on July 1, 2015
Last Updated on July 6, 2015
Tags: Family# Sister# Love# Death# Dep


Author

Joey
Joey

Somewhere on Earth



About
A dreamer, loves to travel, enjoy doing things by herself, enjoy writing stories during leisure time. Feel free to drop by and comment on my writings. You may add me as a FRIEND here and I will keep y.. more..

Writing
First Job First Job

A Chapter by Joey


Hello Ms Ripley Hello Ms Ripley

A Book by Joey


First Impression First Impression

A Chapter by Joey