Generation confusion

Generation confusion

A Poem by Joey Martinez

I see a lot of people who digest an abundance of substances to counteract the reluctances that burns.
Comparing themselves to these programmed celebrities which lowers their integrity to earn a place in this world.
Striving for the perfect body that’s being embodied by a soul that was sold to purchase the frame you try hard to obtain.
We look up to the wrong people but i guess it’s better than looking down at yourself and realizing how lethal a feeble mind can be.
Are you truly in control or has the drugs you’ve taken made a discreet appearance and covered up the clearance for peace?
I don’t know where I’m going with this, but I feel as if people today are trying to play the part of another soul instead of their own.
What makes it worse is that we befriend people who condone it.
When you truly need assistance they’ll be gone in a instance.
Unless you keep the persistence of acquiring the distractions to avoid the interactions of the truth.
So now when I meet someone new, I always wonder if they’re being themsevles or another creature that God has drew.
Whether it’s weed, pills, or an Instagram feed with false thrills, I feel like todays minds are in dire need of freedom but also enjoy the shackles of what feeds them.
Some survive while others die.
Some laugh while others cry.
I think we’re all a little confused and settle for poison to numb the abuse.

© 2018 Joey Martinez


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on December 9, 2018
Last Updated on December 9, 2018

Author

Joey Martinez
Joey Martinez

Paterson , NJ



About
Poetry in motion more..

Writing