Expectations

Expectations

A Poem by Joey Martinez

You put all this effort to obtain the apple of your eye, you supply the tree with nourishment yearning for a taste.
But the chase is always better than the catch, once you grasp that woman of your dreams, it’s not all what it seams to be.
She’s never at fault, it’s you and the expectations you casted upon her that welcomed the halt.
You were in love with the idea of who she can be rather than who she is.
The disappointment is written in your eyes and now you’re tied to a woman who doesn’t deserve your lies.
Of course you take out the frustration that built on a woman who begins to wear a quilt of guilt from the lack of love you give.
Why must you let your imagination run swift and set yourself up for this trial of vile betrayal?
Why can’t you settle for the apple of your eye instead of molding her into the orange of your stale mind?
Let her be or set her free.
Don’t fall in love with expectations and begin to rot the plantations with your foolish wildfire desires.
Forfeit the fantasy and begin to look at others with realistic views.
Start off by looking at the mirror and fixing you.

© 2018 Joey Martinez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on December 11, 2018
Last Updated on December 11, 2018

Author

Joey Martinez
Joey Martinez

Paterson , NJ



About
Poetry in motion more..

Writing