Body

Body

A Poem by Joey Martinez

Perhaps people don’t understand the affection I offer is towards themselves and not the shell.
Your body means little to nothing, even God leave it behind when your time comes to an end.
It’s the spirit, it’s the soul that’s grabs a hold of my heart.
Unfortunately I’ve come across some that have torn it apart but i proudly wear my internal wounds.
You assume I inhaled too much marijuana fumes to come up with the assumption that our bodies are nothing but a disruption.
Blocking the soul from my touch, a mechanism that has become nothing but a crutch.
Ironic, we show the strongest sign of love through physicality but most of the time I’ve felt nothing...
I just feel as if people forget who we truly are..
Spirits.
Our bodies mean nothing and the fact that our God leaves them behind should help you realize it’s all about what lies underneath the surface of your skin.
I have my theories and I have my belief.
I’m just a spirit, a thief who took control of this body.
So next time I show my affection towards the reader of this poem, know it’s towards your spirit, your soul and not the body you behold.

© 2018 Joey Martinez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on December 14, 2018
Last Updated on December 14, 2018

Author

Joey Martinez
Joey Martinez

Paterson , NJ



About
Poetry in motion more..

Writing