Stone Circle Mystery

Stone Circle Mystery

A Poem by John Phoenix Hutchinson.
"

My new poem "Stone Circle Mystery". John Phoenix Hutchinson (C)2012 You are standing at the heart of an ancient mystical stone circle.

"


 Stone Circle Mystery.   


Time has no implication, no symbolization here.

Within the circle of the standing stones, you are immune.

 Body engaged, entwined with the earth, held captivated.


Standing more like a statue, than the stones themselves.

In this captured space the significance of spirit soars.

Mystical magnificence invigorates, motivates the soul.

You are singular in the universal metropolis and centre of the all.

The solar and lunar tides sweep over you, a torrent of emotion.

Lost in a flood of sensation, elated passion for life.

Overwhelmed by the vast domain of never ending space.

Your heart is renewed and you enter heavenly innocence.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected



© 2013 John Phoenix Hutchinson.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice imagery, it almost has a baptismal theme to it. To criticize, I'd have to say there are a few words I would say are a bit too general, such as 'magnificence', 'sensation' (what type of sensation, what feeling is there), 'renewed', significance (what is significant?). I think there is a lot of potential in this poem, and even as it stands I enjoyed reading it. You write mostly fantasy poems, right? I always found that to be a very difficult niche of poetry. This poem poses a lot of unanswered questions, and maybe that is as you intended it. I'll have to read more of your work, fantastical daydream type stuff intrigues me.


Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Ive been writing fantasy poems to go with my book Arise the Stone Witches. This poem although is bas.. read more
This is a good poem! Love it! Very detailed!

Please check out my stories/poems thanks! Love your work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Thank you EMT and I will :)
The lost intent of ancient worlds always captivates our imaginations, just like your poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Who says its lost...............
The picture reminds me of the megaliths, but your poem reminds me of heaven. Your usage of words was very well thought out.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Its a heavenly place i have stood there many a time and hope to again. Thanks for review.
wow...very abstract indeed. i liked the mystery and the sense of eternity and imagination...i must confess though that the last line had me hearing that music from Enigma "return to innocence" a solid write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Thanks for review....I have improved that last line.
wonderfully penned..:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Cheers fancy :)
Mysterious and evocative...I like it^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Indeed I such is Castlerigg Stone Circle and I tried to bottle up some of it in this poem.
The mental and spiritual run and ride of mysticism is poured into this poem from the onset of the photograph. A mark is left inside your silence. You feel as if it is time for a journey through Crow's or Raven's eye after you have finished reading these lines It too stands like yet another stone.
You dipped deeply into the cosmos and it's message of all and oneness and you did it very, VERY well. A great autumnal door to walk through.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

I feel the power of this place every time I visit.
Perdition

11 Years Ago

How could you NOT..it's the place where thought ceases and silence pervades like an usher to the goo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3439 Views
86 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 26, 2012
Last Updated on December 1, 2013
Tags: stonce circle mystical fantasy

Author

John Phoenix Hutchinson.
John Phoenix Hutchinson.

Boot Eskdale, Cumbria, United Kingdom



About
Welcome to my profile. I first came to Writers Cafe when starting out... Now am a published author.... So an acorn was sown here first and then grew... This is my website.... http://www.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..