Stone Circle Mystery

Stone Circle Mystery

A Poem by John Phoenix Hutchinson.
"

My new poem "Stone Circle Mystery". John Phoenix Hutchinson (C)2012 You are standing at the heart of an ancient mystical stone circle.

"


 Stone Circle Mystery.   


Time has no implication, no symbolization here.

Within the circle of the standing stones, you are immune.

 Body engaged, entwined with the earth, held captivated.


Standing more like a statue, than the stones themselves.

In this captured space the significance of spirit soars.

Mystical magnificence invigorates, motivates the soul.

You are singular in the universal metropolis and centre of the all.

The solar and lunar tides sweep over you, a torrent of emotion.

Lost in a flood of sensation, elated passion for life.

Overwhelmed by the vast domain of never ending space.

Your heart is renewed and you enter heavenly innocence.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected



© 2013 John Phoenix Hutchinson.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your poem beautifully expresses your connection to this place

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

A powerful connection it is too as it always draws me back and is forever in my thoughts.
Loved the picture and the write..you have many interesting places In England where stones are found in plases I long to see one day..Nice one..Valentine

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

There are many up in the English Lake District Castlerigg in the picture is the best. Thanks.
The imagery is definitely strong here. I really like this piece! Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Thanks Sophy :)
Great job, creates a great image. Seems like a place I'd like to go :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Its a wonderful place to go......Castlerigg Stone Circle
Your poem spotlights an interesting feature found throughout man's civilization. Humans were created with a need for spirituality. This is reflected in the artifacts and ruins of countless tribes and cultures all over the world. Who knows but that a future archeologist may see the foundation ruins of a large sporting arena and conclude that people must have worshiped Tigers, Lions or Dolphins?

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Yes that's very true and I love that archeologist concept! :)
That made me feel like I am on the ancient times. :)) It is indeed mysterious and very nice imagery. Well-done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much "G" :)
More of the mystery of bringing in the circle - the coven... I have started Chapter 3. And am about half way though. I am liking these poems in between, it is filling in some of the questions of the plot, and at the same time adding to the mystery of what is to come. I love the picture, it brings so much - makes it a reality. I think for people to really understand the full depth of this you really need to read your chapters that you have posted thus far. With each piece I read I am more entranced by the depth and creativity of your mind, and it is mind blowing that you only started writing just a few months ago. The explanation you bring to this piece is awesome, as I gathered from the ending of chapter 2 and what I have read of chapter 3 what this place is.
I see you have added the piece on Melvina to Chapter 3, which is brings a great intro to the chapter. Do we have this piece to look forward to in a coming chapter??? Excellent write!


Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Such divinity is shared within the circle. There is a sacred place near my home where the Native Americans have a stone circle.. sometimes I just go lay in the middle and feel the energy that has been shared there.. It's then that I feel the most connected to the universe in my human heart..xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Phoenix Hutchinson.

11 Years Ago

Such it is with Castlerigg Stone Circle. Have visited many circles in UK this one though is particul.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3436 Views
86 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 26, 2012
Last Updated on December 1, 2013
Tags: stonce circle mystical fantasy

Author

John Phoenix Hutchinson.
John Phoenix Hutchinson.

Boot Eskdale, Cumbria, United Kingdom



About
Welcome to my profile. I first came to Writers Cafe when starting out... Now am a published author.... So an acorn was sown here first and then grew... This is my website.... http://www.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Passion Passion

A Poem by Phil Sanders