Rule Breaker: Chapter 2

Rule Breaker: Chapter 2

A Chapter by John B

I finally made back to my place around 3 or 4 in the morning. Now my place use to be called Joe's gym but nowadays with gyms where you only have to pay 10 bucks a month and get your complementary slice of pizza. Its hard to find classic gyms where you could walk in and paint story of what the place was like. Maybe that's why I bought the place how rich the history is. That and also how much training and experiment's I conduct, The place is pretty big to the point where I have a boxing ring center of the gym. The walls are the cement painted white with motivational writing on them. To the right side of the place are some weight benches and a squat rack with a row of dumbbells. Its not much but the place is home with a two bedroom apartment I had installed above the gym.

 

    Unlocking the front door of the place I make it past the boxing ring when a shadow from the ceiling lands on my back. "holy s**t" I yell throwing the figure off my back and then rolling out of the direction of a blast of force that was coming directly from my head. "Leo can you please stop trying to kill me every time I was through the freaking door!" the figure made out of shadows stops and turns toward me and slowly starts walking toward me and then the without so much as a word the shadows start to melt from the figure to make a pool of blackness on the ground. A pair of big yellow eyes open from the pool of blackness. And a pure white owl the size of a mini fridge emerges. "Sorry boss" Leo says trying to suppress a laugh " The look on your face when I dropped from the ceiling was priceless. you looked like you were about to s**t a brick." You see Leo is my familiar/ Mentor his real name is Leor gal Cypress.


   He was once a balance keeper like I am until he was killed in the line of duty. But with help of his runes he was able to pull his soul out of his body and have it go into the giant owl you now see before you. Leo is a bit of a jokester though," hey owl" I say walking toward him with my wooden practice sword that was hanging on one of my weapon racks. " How many smacks dose it take to get to the center of a owl." Leo looking around for an escape route "Hey boss you kind of got that I'm going to murder you look in your eyes." "Do I now" I reply slowly lifting the sword above my head. "wait a minute" Leo yells before I can actually bring the sword down. " I have something that might make you change your mind before you make me a feathery mess." I raise an eyebrow, he always has an excuse before I get my pay back." what do you have as leverage chicken." he looks at me with a smug look and reply's "pizza rolls."

"with ranch?" I ask,

"yes"

"baked not microwaved?"

"yes"

"Diet coke?"

"With ice."

"Damn it."

"You win this time pigeon." I finally lower the wooden sword and he releases a breath of relief and we start to walk over to the kitchen area that is actually part of the gym. Which use to be the staff area where they would take breaks . Its not much to look at a fold up table and chair and a counter where the microwave sits and a toaster oven. Right next to a fridge. I sit down at the table and start to wolf down the pizza rolls. " you used the wolf rune tonight? didn't you?" said Leo " Yeah the nightwalker rushed me after throwing me against the wall. I replied, not looking up from my plate and only responding between bites. "Before I could even think she rushing me I acted as fast as possible." "Well that explains why your are so hungry, This is the third time you used the wolf rune this week." Leo says" and you know you have different runes the more dependable you become on one specific rune the bigger it will become." I sit there like a child who is being lectured for doing something bad because at the end of the day Leo is still my mentor and I know he means well for me. The runes he is talking about are basically tattoos on my body.

      Being the balance keeper I am entrusted with powers from each house or section within the accords. And to keep me from being almighty or going off the deep in it was decided that my power be managed with the help of the runes. I have a rune for each section which are werewolf, vampire, wizard, fairy. There many supernatural things out there but these are the most powerful and the founders of the accords. For the werewolf house or wolf clan I have a rune or tattoo of 3 spirals interconnecting on the inner bicep of my left arm, For the wizard clan i have a star on my chest over my heart, The symbol for the fairy clan is the celtic tree of life and finally for the vampire clan i have on my back a sand hourglass.

    Each symbol or rune has a significant meaning to its respective clan and each time I use the power the mark of the clan I use becomes more bigger or changes shape. " Has there been anymore request from any of the clans." I ask to Leo while eating the pizza rolls, " Yes, we have a request for you to investigate a series of missing persons and a string of brutal  murders in a small town". "Sweet a road trip, and this could be another rouge nightwalker, or a werewolf you has gotten to big for his breeches." I finish the last of my pizza rolls while looking over the file Leo had gave me. " Pack your bags" I said while throwing an empty back pack at Leo who morphed into his human form to catch the bag. When Leo turns into his human form he looks like any other human at for his jet black hair mixed with gray and a midnight colored beard. Piercing blue eyes with crows feet lines around his eyes like there's a smile on the edge of his mouth. He has a board chest and is fit for his age like a football coach that has not stop hitting the weights. " You sure you want me tagging along" Leo asks " you know just because we are on a mission dose not mean it will prevent your studies and your training". I look at him and say" yeah.

     I might need that deep pool of knowledge you seem to pull out your a*s, and 2 pair of eyes are always better then one. By the way what town are we going to". Leo in turn morphs into a werewolf and smiles" A town in Florida called Crestview ironic isn't it". I look at him "No rest for the wicked.   

  



© 2016 John B


Author's Note

John B
Any feed back would help I don't write nearly as often as I should but im trying to get off the ground any comments or pointers will help. I do hope reading this dose make you want me to keep writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'll point out the flaws before getting to the good part.
Again, the spacing threw me for quite a loop. It felt like you were just saying random words to me as you described the setting and then I didn't know I was reading part of the dialogue until I was already halfway through it. Spacing everything out will help me read through this easier.
The spelling and grammar on certain parts was very awkward, as well, but it's nothing you can't fix during your editing stage.
Please don't take my suggestions/comments as me being rude. I truthfully mean no harm. I would love to keep reading your story, but sometimes it gives me a hard time with how bunched up everything is, so I can't fully enjoy some of the dialogue. Again, don't take it the wrong way.

Okay, now on to what you REALLY want to hear (lol).
I'm loving the relationship between your main character and Leo.
Ummm... "baked not microwaved?" I'm pretty sure he's my soulmate. I literally say the same exact thing when it involves anything pizza. Plus, it seems like food is his life, so you know lol

"not looking up from my plate and only responding between bites"
GREAT detail here. It's so simple, yet so effective.

And now we finally got to the part that I wanted to learn about: his tattoos! Your idea is absolutely fantastic. It's unique and I tip my hat to you.
I do have one question, though: So, when he has to use one of them, does he use the one that is most effective against whatever he's fighting (i.e. He used the werewolf one to fight the vampire)?

Anyway, I enjoyed this chapter and I'll definitely be reading more. Just please fix your spacing so I can enjoy your wonderful writing much more than I already do ^_^

Posted 7 Years Ago


John B

7 Years Ago

Nah your right I went back and I thought I put the consequences of using one specific rune to much i.. read more
John B

7 Years Ago

Or I'll just make chapter 2 into chapter 1 and so on lol
Poopewpachoo

7 Years Ago

I'll definitely read them once you fix them up and/or upload them!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Added on June 28, 2016
Last Updated on September 6, 2016


Author

John B
John B

Crestview , FL



About
I love to read and from reading I've found that I love to write. more..

Writing
Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by John B





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114