Life Unraveled

Life Unraveled

A Story by Joram- Article Writer
"

A short writing piece about life.

"
Life is life! Life is an interesting story of ups and downs, but how that journey ends is up to you today.

Is our life better than our forefathers? I believe the responses are two-way; some might say 'yes' while the remaining will say 'no.' 

Those on the yes side might forward arguments like more leisure time, better healthcare, ubiquitous entertainment, better food, and easier connections with anyone across the world (thanks to technology). Modern technology gives us comfort that our forefathers could not experience. Technology also helps us make decisions and thus lead a better and comfortable life. To add on the list, we now produce and consume several goods, which might have been a nightmare to our forefathers. We have speedier communication and transport means, improved public health systems and better amenities. I can continue on listing and still never end.

Hey, those on the no side would argue that our forefathers lived a meaningful and peaceful  life. They will continue on and argue that we hardly engage in fundamental life pleasures. Notably, the virtual life has deprived people of real or actual life. People hardly find time to bond and hold conversations. Pollution has limited our comfort of enjoying fresh air while sitting in a green park and reading a book in the midst of birds and squirrels. Industrial development have deprived us of fresh and clean air. As if this ain't enough, urbanization has rid us of our culture. We hardly listen to information and advice from others, especially those advanced in age than us. We think Google has everything we need. Is it so? Come to think about crime and terrorism galore. The number of employment opportunities and jobs are less than those who need jobs. Ooh! the list is endless.

The life we are living today isn't the one our forefathers used to live. They used messengers and letters; today we are using mobile phones and social media. 

Technology has taken today's life by storm. Albert Einstein once said, " I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." I am sorry to say that the day Einstein talked about has finally come or nearing. 

Just to mention a few examples, family ties are no more; Family gatherings and get-together  have been replaced with family WhatsApp groups and telegram channels. Now is the time we re-think and give space to things that matter like families.

In today's world, parents are busy making money but easily forget to bring up their children and teach them good moral principles. Most have neglected their children claiming that they are 'too busy with work.' Balancing family and career has been a quagmire for most parents. Soon after their demise, the children are hardly able to live harmoniously and manage the properties they inherit from their parents. It's true we can't live like our forefathers but we can improve bit by bit.

Let's endeavor to do small things in great ways and give priority to things that matter. We will then make this world a better place to live today, tomorrow and for generations to come.

© 2023 Joram- Article Writer


Author's Note

Joram- Article Writer
What do you think of this article?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Truth revealed. Got more insights out of your writing. Your story is of Sociological evolution. Powerful writing. Liked this one.

Posted 8 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joram- Article Writer

8 Months Ago

I love your review. I am glad you got more insights out of my piece. I am hopeful we'll impact each .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 6, 2023
Last Updated on September 6, 2023

Author

Joram- Article Writer
Joram- Article Writer

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya



About
Professional Article Writer| I help blogs, websites, and magazines create engaging content about Productivity, Personal Development, Technology, and Finance. more..

Writing