Mental Health Support Systems

Mental Health Support Systems

A Story by Joram- Article Writer
"

Mental Health Support Systems. Enjoy this read!

"
Who is your go-to person(s) during tough times? You probably turn to a therapist, friend, family member, peer, coworker, teacher, or faith leader for mental health support.
The personal journey of recovery from mental health challenges may have the goals of autonomy, empowerment, and hope. Besides, various factors affect the recovery process, including having a strong support system.
Of importance, your support network should entail people you are comfortable sharing your experiences and the support you need. These are people you trust, respect, and like.
General life changes affect your support network. We are experiencing inevitable life changes, such as changes in digital communication, which might affect the strength and size of your support network.
For the past few years, the COVID-19 pandemic has profoundly affected support systems due to restrictions such as social distancing and quarantine. These changes, in turn, affect your mental health.
So, let’s see what is a support system and why it is important.
What is a Support System?
A support system is a group of people that support you emotionally, mentally, or practically during good and bad times.
Having a support system makes you strong and not weak, as it enables you to develop problem-solving and resilience skills on your own. In other words, having people to support you nurtures your self-esteem, confidence, and autonomy.
The Importance Of Mental Health Support Systems
The past few years of the COVID-19 pandemic have experienced reduced social support and strained social relationships, making it hard to deal with stress.
Having trustworthy people you can turn to and share what you are experiencing can help you make difficult decisions, manage daily challenges, or during a crisis situation.
This support network also enables you to combat loneliness and social isolation, which elevates the risk for mental health issues like depression and anxiety.
In addition, support systems are proven to improve resiliency, self-esteem, life satisfaction, and emotional well-being and reduce physical health problems and stress.
How do you Know Whether Your Mental Health Support System is Strong?
People in your support network should be there for you, love you, be compassionate and care for you. Since social relationships are a two-way street, so you should do likewise for them.
Never forget that your support system counts on you greatly. While it is essential to include other people in your support network, it is equally important for you to support yourself. Setting boundaries, creating a solid set of coping mechanisms, and practicing self-care are workable ways of supporting yourself.

© 2023 Joram- Article Writer


Author's Note

Joram- Article Writer
Feel free to provide your comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Having worked for twenty six years in the mental health field, I found this story both interesting and accurate. If you have mood or thought disorders, having active support can mean the difference between holding on successfully during difficult times and repeated hospitalizations. Specifically, the most important things support people can do are maintaining a low stress environment and encouraging medication compliance. Mental illness is never an easy path to tread, but support can alleviate the difficulties.

Posted 8 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joram- Article Writer

8 Months Ago

Hello John the Baptist, it is Joram. Thanks a lot for connecting. I am grateful for your positive re.. read more



Reviews

Having worked for twenty six years in the mental health field, I found this story both interesting and accurate. If you have mood or thought disorders, having active support can mean the difference between holding on successfully during difficult times and repeated hospitalizations. Specifically, the most important things support people can do are maintaining a low stress environment and encouraging medication compliance. Mental illness is never an easy path to tread, but support can alleviate the difficulties.

Posted 8 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joram- Article Writer

8 Months Ago

Hello John the Baptist, it is Joram. Thanks a lot for connecting. I am grateful for your positive re.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
1 Review
Added on September 7, 2023
Last Updated on September 7, 2023

Author

Joram- Article Writer
Joram- Article Writer

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya



About
Professional Article Writer| I help blogs, websites, and magazines create engaging content about Productivity, Personal Development, Technology, and Finance. more..

Writing