5 Mindfulness Practices Into Your Daily Life

5 Mindfulness Practices Into Your Daily Life

A Story by Joram- Article Writer
"

Mindfulness Practices Into our Daily Lives

"
Every day presents you with a myriad of opportunities for mindfulness practices from mindful breathing to being patient at the supermarket waiting line.

Mindfulness practices have been there since time immemorial, but the revelation of their numerous health benefits came recently and is promising.

Research by Havard University found that mindfulness has various health advantages, including, reducing stress, easing depression, improving well-being, and calming your mind.

What is Mindfulness?
According to the American Psychological Association, mindfulness is defined as being aware of one’s surroundings and one’s internal states. It is a quality you already possess, and you do not have to conjure it up, you just have to learn how to access it.

Some practices such as random thoughts, negative thinking, daydreaming, problem-solving, and spending lots of time planning can be draining. It can also attract symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress.

Mindfulness practices can help you drift away from such thoughts and engage with your surroundings. They also keep your mind present in the moment.

Mindfulness Exercises
There are several simple ways to practice mindfulness. Here are 5 ways to practice mindfulness throughout the day.

1. Waking up in the Morning
Morning meditation allows you to be fully awake, fully alive, and fully aware before doing anything. Once you wake up in the morning, you can take some time and pray and also check in with yourself.

What are your emotions? What are your feelings? Do you feel any physical pains or aches? If this is the case, you might consider stretching in a way that makes you feel awesome.

You could also consider taking time to notice the houses and trees you see along the way. You could also spend five minutes journaling.

By creating regular morning practice, we enhance our peace of mind and positive relationships where we’re less judgmental and kinder to others and ourselves.

2. Mindful and Focused Breathing
To stay in the moment throughout the day, focusing on your breath might help.

Any time you develop negative thoughts, sit down, take a deep and focused breath, and close your eyes. Focus on your thoughts as your breath moves in and out of your body. Doing the exercise for a minute or two can help.

You might focus on your breath’s rising and falling in your chest or belly, or the sensation of the air as it gets in and leaves your body. Whatever you feel is right for you.

You can also try breathing exercises, like deep breathing, that can help calm your nervous system and slow your pulse rate.

3. Paying Attention
The world has become so busy that it is an uphill task to slow down and notice what’s happening around you. Try to take your time and experience your surroundings with all your senses �" taste, smell, sight, sound, and touch. For instance, when you eat your favorite delicacy, you can taste, smell, and really enjoy it.

Notably, grounding exercises such as the 5�"4�"3�"2�"1 technique can help you to connect with your environment. This technique involves paying attention to:

5 things you see

4 things you hear

3 things you smell

2 things you touch

1 thing you taste

4. Being in the Moment
This exercise involves living in the moment by bringing discerning, accepting, and open attention to everything you do. Enjoy simple achievements and pleasures.

5. Mindfulness in the Waiting Line
Being in the waiting line at the traffic light, doctor’s office, or supermarket could be another opportunity for mindfulness.

While you wait, instead of making scrolling through your phone your normal, you might take some deep breaths and focus on your surroundings. What smells do you experience in the air? What can you hear? What can you see in your surroundings?

Such exercises can positively influence your mood and mind throughout the day.

What next?
There are several inexpensive and accessible techniques to learn mindfulness. You may consider meditation classes, mindfulness apps, yoga classes, and courses in community centers and schools.

It can be a daunting task to develop a new habit, but with everyday mindfulness, you can learn about meditation and become more aware of your surroundings and internal state of being.

© 2023 Joram- Article Writer


Author's Note

Joram- Article Writer
I'll appreciate your comment. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on September 7, 2023
Last Updated on September 7, 2023

Author

Joram- Article Writer
Joram- Article Writer

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya



About
Professional Article Writer| I help blogs, websites, and magazines create engaging content about Productivity, Personal Development, Technology, and Finance. more..

Writing