A Conversation between Aaron and Francis, by Joshua A. Guillory

A Conversation between Aaron and Francis, by Joshua A. Guillory

A Story by Joshua A. Guillory
"

A Discourse Between Two Honest Wits, Seeking the Perfection and Trueness of Life and Mankind...

"

Aaron: What's wrong with this foolish world?

Francis: They've lost their sense of sense.

Aaron: You mean of what sounds the soundest?

Francis: Yes, most perfect peace is true, yet the opposite of that they do.

Aaron: They don't believe or trust in truth, but false appearances. Manners they wed. Society they dread. The etiquette is placed above their head. As you can see, I have the same thoughts as you.

Francis: Were Devereaux still alive, and with his head, things would be a different look, and goodness not forsook.

Aaron: Devereaux is why your Brother's dead. At least in part. You three have such a noble heart.

Francis: And for his noble heart, he bled. Essex were better if he would have fled than come to such a devastating fate.

Aaron: No silly or foolish prate. I mate with your thoughts and you with mine. I still think there's a chance we'll all be fine.

Francis: Appeal to conscience. I know what you say is right, why I rose from the grave to be with you this night.

Aaron: When I'm not talking to you, I find solace in Babyville.

Francis: Because the baby is our will. What he wants, that he is. Life, Freedom, Goodness, and Tender-love. And blissful as heaven is above. As space is free, so also be.

Aaron: As space is free, so also he, or she.

Francis: So brief is our talk sometimes.

Aaron: And each time we talk with rhymes.

Francis: Farewell, my dear and faithful friend.

Aaron: You, too, this is not the end. 

by Joshua A. Guillory

© 2021 Joshua A. Guillory


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

21 Views
Added on June 19, 2021
Last Updated on June 19, 2021
Tags: life, love, philosophy, peace, philosophical adventure, comfort, truth, faithfulness

Author

Joshua A. Guillory
Joshua A. Guillory

Orange, TX



About
I'm 33, I love poetry! And philosophy! And you and me as well!!! more..

Writing