A Fun Course on Discourse...

A Fun Course on Discourse...

A Stage Play by Joshua A. Guillory
"

A Fun Course on Discourse by Joshua A. Guillory, composed June 22, 2021, and submitted on WritersCafe.org June 23, 2021, central standard time.

"
A Fun Course On Discourse

Jocelyn, about the age of Christ, when he began teaching, or preaching the message of the gospel, is having a chat with her friend, and twin in consciousness, Gab, a noble lord of the courts. The scene is set in the kitchen, which, while they are eating, Jocelyn eyes the wall design, consisting of fruits, and with this ponders the truths of nature. The following is a detailed account of that conversation.

Jocelyn: If nature is free, and clearly it is, and our own nature, why do not men see, in nexus with his reason, that if I were to agree to keep silent at the price of 10 million dollars for seven years and had already planned on doing so without money, of a truth or truths I were wishing to speak, that that is not really selling out? In fact, if money is the deceptive medium, or the way in which it is used, to acquire nature, or of it, for enjoyment and delight, why can not man free himself from the thought that he or others have gone against their will, or that they are morally responsible for the perversion of money as a means to get it (nature...)?

Gab: Because man, impregnated with man-made religion, and sucked into the vacuum thereof, does not use his reason to reasonably think out such things. He instead, looking and seeking for social intercourse and prestige, or approval, disproves (disapproves) of the potential thoughts he were to acquire; and thereby his labyrinth, which would have instead been easy, or no labyrinth at all, becomes a long and tedious course, instead of a happy and pleasant journey. 

Jocelyn: This is interesting.

Gab: I agree. 

Jocelyn: Man will never be happy if he goes against his will. And his mind will never be free if he destroys his reason; which brings me to my point, something long overdue, of Bacon and his courting of Alice Barnham at the age of the number loved by Crowley and didn't marry her until about the age of the day of my birth; which I don't think his savory words about the beauty of her complexion was simply (or only) foresight of her coming to a greater (elder) age, which he could foresee, nor do I think it was all ado or business, being that she was of an economically wealthy family, in order to advance his place, or provide him the means to escape the court life and pursue the sciences or advancement of nature. I believe he was genuinely attracted to her, and even sexually. And being a strict and accurate man on the morals of nature, I think if any man could have known if it was right, it would have been him. I believe love is the true root by which all things are established. Many people are being sent to prison because of the foolishness of society, and all that ado over wicked individuals can't be true in every case; of needing safeguards to protect people, and so arresting and locking up another's person. 

Gab: While you were talking I was thinking of when Francis Bacon said the course of true love never did run smooth, I believe it's in A Midsummer Night's Dream, that its reference could be like the story of Lot, where if there could have been at least ten righteous in Sodom and Gomorrah, God would not have destroyed it. But, says Bacon, translating Psalm 12, not one that standeth fast to truth and right... And so to find true love it is difficult when you've found true love in yourself but can't in others, as it being prophesied that when the Message of Unity comes it shall not find faith upon the earth. Many speak (of) world peace, but don't believe (in) it.

Jocelyn: This is amazing! We just keep lighting each other's candle of truth. I thought about Joshua Guillory's quote he wrote years ago, "What sparring is to boxing, discourse is to speech." We're not fighting each other, we're helping each other.

Gab: I agree, we should help one another. Bacon talks about the same thing in his own words, which you can find by reading his Essay "Of Friendship" about discoursing with another. And what you said about reason, true reason can never be destroyed or the universe would be so, too. I speak about the Lord, whose in charge of everything.

Jocelyn: That's great! Speaking about going back on (to) things, I was thinking about Lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt, and its being similar to Orpheus, who also (as Lot's wife) looked back and his wife disappeared. Lot and Orpheus relatively lost their wives though they were still relatively able to see them. We must not look back when going forward to and in the truth. We must keep our eyes fixed heavenward and inwardly as well.

Gab: As the day and night, sun and moon, I need to get some relative rest. I need to preserve my life and health.

Jocelyn: And I do, too. I'm going to sleep.

Gab: And I am going back to sleep as well.

Let's not fight. Let's all unite.

by Joshua A. Guillory

© 2021 Joshua A. Guillory


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on June 23, 2021
Last Updated on June 24, 2021
Tags: love, desire, discourse, life, unity, wisdom, freedom, world peace, understanding

Author

Joshua A. Guillory
Joshua A. Guillory

Orange, TX



About
I'm 33, I love poetry! And philosophy! And you and me as well!!! more..

Writing